• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone make a brass deflector like the discontinued KET deflector?

Racer88

Firearms Pedant
Minuteman
  • Nov 10, 2018
    I got one of these a while back and really like it. It's a very simple device that redirects brass straight down onto the bench or shooting mat under the rifle. It can be mounted with a simple scope body clip or a clip that fits on the pic rail. So it will fit on virtually any rifle.

1706492839716.png

Here it is on my SCAR-16S:
    1706492921615.png

1706492959799.png

1706493294300.png

Not shown in these photos, but I usually put a "Billy Towel" underneath to catch the brass and keep it from bouncing off the bench or shooting mat.
    1706493322341.png

My range buddies like it, and I'd like to get some for them as gifts. And maybe an extra one for myself! But KET (Kinetic Energy Tools) quit making it!

Does anyone here know of anyone who makes a similar item? I don't want a brass CATCHER. I don't want a bag of brass hanging on my rifle. I like the way this deflector works. And it makes it a lot easier to "police your brass" when it ends up in a nice neat little pile down below the rifle.

Thanks!

Last edited:
    A Brass Goat will work as either a catcher (with the receptacle attached) or a deflector that drops them straight down. It attaches to the mag well, but I believe it is only for AR15 receivers.

Reactions: Holliday
    A Brass Goat will work as either a catcher (with the receptacle attached) or a deflector that drops them straight down. It attaches to the mag well, but I believe it is only for AR15 receivers.
    yeah... saw that in my search. I believe you are correct.. .only for AR-15s. I like the KET deflector, because I can put it on any rifle. Quickly and easily. And it doesn't add a bag full of brass hanging off the rifle. You don't even know it's there.

And it doesn't add a bag full of brass hanging off the rifle. You don't even know it's there.
    Well...neither does the Goat if you detach the receptacle. It just acts as a deflector and drops them straight down onto the bench/mat and you don't know it's there either (actually smaller and tighter-fitting than the one you pictured). The receptacle detaches from the deflector much like a magazine detaches from the mag well. But again, apparently only for AR15.

Well...neither does the Goat if you detach the receptacle. It just acts as a deflector and drops them straight down onto the bench/mat and you don't know it's there either (actually smaller and tighter-fitting than the one you pictured). The receptacle detaches from the deflector much like a magazine detaches from the mag well. But again, apparently only for AR15.
    Yes... I realize that. And it would be perfect... except it works only on AR-15s. A deflector like I have (and would like to buy again) can attach to any rifle with a scope or pic rail.

Is there a reason you’re avoiding a bag of brass hanging on your rifle? It looks like you already have a large bulky bag of padding hanging on your rifle. I don’t see a difference honestly except now you have to fold a towel under it and all that.

It looks like you already have a large bulky bag of padding hanging on your rifle. I don’t see a difference honestly except now you have to fold a towel under it and all that.
    Nope. It's a very thin, very light bit of kit. I'll try to get some better photos. But it's not a bag. And it's not bulky at all. It's like stiff canvas folded into a shape that deflects the brass downward. I don't know it's there while shooting.

Big difference with a bag of brass hanging off.

Reactions: db2000
    I see now. It looked
    Nope. It's a very thin, very light bit of kit. I'll try to get some better photos. But it's not a bag. And it's not bulky at all. It's like stiff canvas folded into a shape that deflects the brass downward. I don't know it's there while shooting.

Big difference with a bag of brass hanging off.
    I see now. It looked 3D like a big pillow. I see it’s a scoop essentially

Reactions: Racer88
    That thing is pretty cool. I would probably buy that.

I usually open up this stiff nylon bag right where it’s the most likely to catch brass. I also arrange my rifle case to block cases that miss the bag.

The bag is a Tuff Brass Bag and it has a mesh bottom so if you sweep up brass the dire falls mostly out.

Exactly.

Update... I sent an email to KET, and they called me (left voicemail). Said he could hook me up! How cool is that?!??
    Excellent , It looks like a great design . I think I need to buy some also .

Reactions: carbonbased
    Nearly every modern chassis can put a pic rail in roughly the right place for one of those?
    Well, not all my guns are in chassis. I’m not dissing the one you linked. Just saying the convo was angling around a universal solution.

Like the one you posted, there’s already a bunch of good AR-type designs.

There aren’t many that work on bolt actions in stocks or apparently on that SCAR on top. That’s all I’m saying.

Reactions: Racer88 and Slides

bt-22183-1.jpg

WT25_Mk2-121.jpg
    LOL! $545 for a brass CATCHER. Don't want a brass catcher. Brass DEFLECTOR. And it's made specifically for the AR platform.

In any case, it looks like KET is going to hook me up. I just need to call them back

Well, not all my guns are in chassis. I’m not dissing the one you linked. Just saying the convo was angling around a universal solution.

Like the one you posted, there’s already a bunch of good AR-type designs.

There aren’t many that work on bolt actions in stocks or apparently on that SCAR on top. That’s all I’m saying.
    Yes... I use it on my RPR (bolt-action), too.