• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Does anyone make a ARCA rail hand cover?

Will have a texture. Also...thinking of all those were the rail is wider than the handguard I assumed you wouldn't want the 90% straight up from the fat head to the dovetail because then you just have a top edge and a gap but... others feel the same as CarbonBased?

So far. Too stiff so changing infill on second run. Then we'll get to better radius also; outside is just a shape so can be changed willy-nilly but getting the inside to properly fit and install on the profile is the hard part.
received_912180787063963.jpeg

Reactions: BurtG
Closer yet. Top needs work (radius) which isn't done because of things I do not get about how printing works, but he'll work on it. Should get this tomorrow to try on all my many rails to make sure it works, and works well enough what with ARCA not /really/ having a spec so across a reasonable set of tolerance ranges:
421071011_372466362332771_144751562325913903_n.png

Purple is random, but easier to see what is going on since it's a prototype.

Purple or Orange or White instead of a pile of black ones that are different revisions.

Reactions: BurtG
1000035837.jpg

Got this from Triad Tactical a while ago. A semi rigid, snap-on version would have some advantages but it works pretty well.

Last edited:
A few fit tests. ARCA rails are even more diverse than we thought. @kkroger will be examining these fit measures and see what to do next.

Likely, will offer with several profiles, tapered vs square, to get a better fit range for every install. Trying to fit to specific dovetail profiles seems very hard though, so generic there.

2024-02-19 14.50.06.jpg

2024-02-19 14.52.00.jpg

2024-02-19 14.48.17.jpg

Will also be trying to make flexible enough you can snap on from the side so it fits rails trapped at the end because of accessories as this:

2024-02-19 14.56.25.jpg

The end you see is rough as I band-sawed it to length and didn't even bother to clean it up.

Reactions: Genin and BurtG