• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone make a High Cap 22lr Pistol?

fockell

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2009
SC, Kansas
I am after a high cap 22lr pistol, does anyone make one that holds more than 10 rounds? Seems likes someone would manufacture one of these. Thanks Brandon

Re: Does anyone make a High Cap 22lr Pistol?

My TS 1911 conversion mags hold 13-14.

Thanks for the links, It seems the Grendal might not be a bad little pistol, just wonder about reliability..Much rather have a five seven

High cap .22LR magazines have the banana curve which is poorly accommodated by pistol grips. Ciener pistol conversions can holt up to 14.

Years ago, RamLine (IIRC) made a plastic mag for Ruger MK series pistols that was smoke colored. It had a flat spring that unrolled and lay flat against the rear of the mag, behind the rounds. They held somewhere around 18rds. I had a few of them and they were a blast until the spring got weak and they quit working. I think I've still got a couple of them laying around somewhere. I'll take a look when I get home.

You could always go with an AR-15 pistol with a Spike's or Tactical Solutions 22LR Upper.

Pat

Thanks for the replies, will be doing some more home work on this---Brandon

My Ciener 1911 conversion has 15 round mags. They don't work quite as will as the 10s

There is also the GSG-5 pistol that you can attach large capacity mags to it.....or the 10/22 charger pistol with large capacity mags and drums.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Years ago, RamLine (IIRC) made a plastic mag for Ruger MK series pistols that was smoke colored. It had a flat spring that unrolled and lay flat against the rear of the mag, behind the rounds. They held somewhere around 18rds. I had a few of them and they were a blast until the spring got weak and they quit working. I think I've still got a couple of them laying around somewhere. I'll take a look when I get home. </div></div>

Did you find them?

only downside to the walther followers is you lose the last round hold open, went back to the stock follower on mine.

While not a .22LR, IIRC there's a pistol called a Grendel P30 that held 30 rounds of .22WMR.

S&W made 12 round magazines for their M-41 untill the Clinton ban. I havnt seen any new ones since the ban lift but you might give S&W a call.

I have 4 of them for my M-41 and am hanging on to them.
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a conversion to replace the follower in the Walther P-22 factory mags, takes about thirty seconds to replace and whalla you have a thirteen round mag instread of ten. Friends modded three, extended base and standard base. OH, and you lose the spring compressor tab on the side of the magazine doing this as well! FYI

Not tremendous, but when you have five coons in your attic and no room to move let alone stand, every round is welcome.
wink.gif
</div></div>

I had a P22, fun little gun, but amazingly inaccurate. I traded it in on a MK3 and am much happier. It wouldn't be bad for close range(under 5 yards), but was shooting it at 20 and couldn't even make dinner plate size groups.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TwoGlock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">S&W made 12 round magazines for their M-41 untill the Clinton ban. I havnt seen any new ones since the ban lift but you might give S&W a call.

I have 4 of them for my M-41 and am hanging on to them.
smirk.gif
</div></div>

I've seen them catalogued recently, but don't remember where, Brownells, Midway, Natchez, S&W?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xmil91w</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a conversion to replace the follower in the Walther P-22 factory mags, takes about thirty seconds to replace and whalla you have a thirteen round mag instread of ten. Friends modded three, extended base and standard base. OH, and you lose the spring compressor tab on the side of the magazine doing this as well! FYI

Not tremendous, but when you have five coons in your attic and no room to move let alone stand, every round is welcome.
wink.gif
</div></div>

I had a P22, fun little gun, but amazingly inaccurate. I traded it in on a MK3 and am much happier. It wouldn't be bad for close range(under 5 yards), but was shooting it at 20 and couldn't even make dinner plate size groups. </div></div>

Not to get off topic, and certainly not in defense of the P22 which I think is junk, but the accuracy issues you are encountering are due to the pistol's design. It uses 2 receiver plates that sandwich together with stove bolts to keep the barrel under tension. These bolts loosen up--barrel loosens up.

Drift the 2 roll pins out of the frame, (long one in the rear) and remove the receiver from the frame. The Bolt catch will fall out, keep your finger on it and observe the relationship between the catch and the bolt catch spring so you don't have issues when its time to go back together. When you take the receiver out of the frame, on the right side of the receiver where the serial no. is engraved you will see 2 phillips head stove bolts. Take them out, degrease, loctite, reinsert and torque. Put the receiver back in the frame (with the bolt catch & spring reinserted) and drift the pins back in place. The pistol will be more consistant now. (But its still junk)

Looks like it would work but it seems to be a lot of effort for 2 rounds.

Not quite a high capacity pistol by design but the Charter Arms Explorer Pistol could be loaded with a 25 round Ram Line magazine. Pistol has been out of production for many years.

besides the kel-tec pmr 30 is their plr 22. american made in cocoa fl with lifetime warranty. i shoot the plr 16 and the su 22. if you go on the ktog (kel-tec owners group)site forums you can get lots of info and pics people put up.