• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does my gunsmith suck?

Ohioguy47

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2021
Ohio
Hello! I recently had a local gunsmith spin me up a barrel for my first full custom build. It appears that the muzzle crown was poorly done with the initial taper not being concentric. Before i spend all the money on components breaking it in and developing a load, i want to know if this will affect to accuracy. I want this to be a half minute or better gun. Hoping to use your guys experience on whether this is a no go and needs redone or if she's good to shoot. Appreciate the help

Attachments

• 20220601_121020.jpg
    20220601_121020.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220601_120625.jpg
    20220601_120625.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220601_121046.jpg
    20220601_121046.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 64
Hello! I recently had a local gunsmith spin me up a barrel for my first full custom build. It appears that the muzzle crown was poorly done with the initial taper not being concentric. Before i spend all the money on components breaking it in and developing a load, i want to know if this will affect to accuracy. I want this to be a half minute or better gun. Hoping to use your guys experience on whether this is a no go and needs redone or if she's good to shoot. Appreciate the help
You posted two of these threads in the same sub-forum. The other one has more replies, so delete this one.

Your crown is one of the biggest factors in accuracy. A small variation will ruin you.