• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Done with Midway

claudesapp

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2011
NV
I had a rant with Midway on this post, but they are taking my package back, so I am just going to call it done. I'm shopping elsewhere, and just edited this post as an update.

Brownell's and Grafs for me.

Re: Done with Midway

why dont we cry about it poopy pants

just kidding, i feel where your frustration is, but i love midway

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why dont we cry about it poopy pants

just kidding, i feel where your frustration is, but i love midway </div></div>

never a dull moment.
smile.gif

Never dull, that's why we are here!

You can keep giving Midway your money, I'll just spend elsewhere.

I've got a thumbs up story about Midway I had an order a couple weeks ago and 1 of the items that I ordered was a hornady gun cleaning mat that had a lot of their bullets with BC's and other info on it. When I opened the box it had been folded twice to fit in the box and at had a nice white crease on the plastic topside that had all the info on it. I emailed Midway just to tell them that they might want to package those differently. It really didn't matter to me, I just wanted something to keep stuff from tearing up my workbench. Within 10 minutes I had an email back from midway saying that if they had more in stock they would ship me another one for free, but they were out of stock so they would just credit the amount to my account. I do agree they should have worked with you better to make you happy. All companys have their good times and bad.

All my experiences with Midway have been great. Above and beyond in a few cases.

Nothing but great experiences from them with me.

In fact I guess I like right next door to one of their warehouses, because there shipping seems to be telepathic. I order and get it the next day (unless it's BO).

One of these days I am going to click "buy" and hear a knock on my door from the delivery guy.

Sometimes they aren't the cheapest, but they are an almost "one stop shop" for my needs.

The lovely thing about capitalism is you are free to shop where you want. I will continue to shop with Midway.

I just got a nice discount on an order from them for my birthday. Always had good luck with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... I had an email back from midway saying that if they had more in stock they would ship me another one for free, but they were out of stock so they would just credit the amount to my account.</div></div>

Well, isn't that just convenient for MidwayUSA. Unfortunately in a retail market, well wishing counts for shit - at least they credited you, that's a better result than what I've gotten from them in the past when they messed up.

I'll stick with Brownells.

I've spent lots of $$$$ with Midway. I've never had a single issue with them other than the fact that I think their shipping charges are sometimes way too high. I ship things all the time all over the U.S. and I know damn well it doesnt cost what they charge sometimes for shipping. However, this isn't just only limited to Midway. Many companies do it to get a little extra back. I ordered (1) Thruster brake from a Hide vendor a few weeks ago. The shipping charge was $10!! Are you fucking kidding me? It was shipped USPS and I know for a fact I could have mailed it in a padded envelope for less than $4 or I could have put it (plus 15 more of them) in a Priority Mail box for $4.95.

Anyway, that's my bitch.

I agree with the shipping. Many of the "special deals" that MidwayUSA has aren't very special at all when you consider the raping you'll get when it comes to shipping charges. I try to avoid them the most I can for that very reason.

Midway seems to have lower prices than Brownells, but Brownells doesn't rape you with shipping. It mostly evens out, at least if you buy 2 or 3 items on average.

True on shipping. Was gonna do some "black" Friday shopping, totaling $200, but shipping, no matter how I sliced it, was $50 or better. And no, the stuff wasn't heavy or over sized. OF course I canceled the order, and didn't respond to their, "why didn't you complete the order", email inquiry. 1/8" move by the right pinky, DELETE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">True on shipping. Was gonna do some "black" Friday shopping, totaling $200, but shipping, no matter how I sliced it, was $50 or better. And no, the stuff wasn't heavy or over sized. OF course I canceled the order, and didn't respond to their, "why didn't you complete the order", email inquiry. 1/8" move by the right pinky, DELETE. </div></div>

so why not respond and tell them why you cancelled it?

To me I think Brownells is to high on shipping. But the. Again I don't pay shipping at Midway since I'm 28 miles away. With the dealer pricing, a lot of things at Brownells is quite a bit cheaper than Midway, but by the time you pay their shipping, on most stuff I can drive to Midway. I bought a carrier pin for a Rem 1100 from Brownells one time. Cost me $9 and change for a $3 pin they could have stuck in an envelope and put a stamp on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: claudesapp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a rant with Midway on this post, but they are taking my package back, so I am just going to call it done. I'm shopping elsewhere, and just edited this post as an update.

Brownell's and Grafs for me. </div></div>

That's very common- 10% off but free shipping becomes $14 on your $95 order! <wait I'm actually losing 4%! <Yes that was the plan all along.

What pisses me off even worse than phony deals is UPS. They operate like a dictatorship not like a business. The shipper and the receiver should both have equal control of the package.

In my area- UPS says "We're going to show up between 10AM and 7PM" <Well gee UPS thanks for the 9 hour window that I should be glued to the door just waiting like a puppy dog wagging my tail in gleeful anticipation!!!!
Q: Can I have the package held at the hub
A: NO- you're the dumb bastard who paid for the shipping! We only allow the other guy who got paid to ship the item to tell us what to do with it.
Q: I thought I was the customer-
A: No you're an idiot- you paid for our service- we consider the shipper to be the customer, regardless of who paid UPS.

Fed Ex lets me call and hold the package at my choice of facilities <How nice- this feels like I'm a customer< Which I am when I'm paying the damn bill.

USPS will give me a slip and I can then pick up the package at the local office at a time of my convenience.

<span style="font-weight: bold">POINTS:
2 for USPS < convenience [I didn't have to call]
1 for Fed Ex < At least they let me pick it up
-1 for UPS <9 hour window = EPIC FAIL 1 Not allowing customer to hold package at hub = EPIC FAIL 2</span>

I agree completely about UPS. Those people could fuck up a free lunch.

On several occasions, they've just left packages on my damned door step instead of leaving them at the apartment office and I'm talking valuable items. I will avoid shipping with UPS at all costs.

I have a buddy who ordered a custom built PC a couple years ago that was in the neighborhood of $6,000. What did UPS do with it? They didn't arrive when it was stated they would so when they DID arrive to find no one home, they opened the storm door and left it wedged between the storm and front door...with the logo in broad daylight...in the middle of the pouring rain. Needless to say, he was ready to go postal on UPS. Fortunately, it wasn't stolen and only the box was ruined.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlaw973</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To me I think Brownells is to high on shipping. But the. Again I don't pay shipping at Midway since I'm 28 miles away. With the dealer pricing, a lot of things at Brownells is quite a bit cheaper than Midway, but by the time you pay their shipping, on most stuff I can drive to Midway. I bought a carrier pin for a Rem 1100 from Brownells one time. Cost me $9 and change for a $3 pin they could have stuck in an envelope and put a stamp on. </div></div>

Every time I order I'll do a shopping cart on both sites. Brownells comes out $10-$30 cheaper on shipping everytime. I usually just choose the 2nd day air from brownells. Its been flat rate $26 everytime no matter how large my order. I ordered all my reloading equipment from Sinclair(brownells) and it was all at my doorstep in Hawaii in 2 days for $26. The box was huge and weighed over 30 lbs.

You gotta pick/choose wisely with Midway. The birthday deal is the ONCE per year I'll order from them pretty much.

What really pisses me off about them is their sales. 2/3 of their items are on sale at any given time, and the "sale" is 1% off or something - hardly anything...but of course, those items are not eligible towards your total to use a promo code. Obnoxious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree completely about UPS. Those people could fuck up a free lunch.

On several occasions, they've just left packages on my damned door step instead of leaving them at the apartment office and I'm talking valuable items. I will avoid shipping with UPS at all costs.

I have a buddy who ordered a custom built PC a couple years ago that was in the neighborhood of $6,000. What did UPS do with it? They didn't arrive when it was stated they would so when they DID arrive to find no one home, they opened the storm door and left it wedged between the storm and front door...with the logo in broad daylight...in the middle of the pouring rain. Needless to say, he was ready to go postal on UPS. Fortunately, it wasn't stolen and only the box was ruined.

</div></div>

Could be worse... they like to leave packages at my neighbors house because the driveway is "Difficult to negotiate" and yet Waste Management is able to get their behemoth garbage truck up and down with no problems.

Have no problems what so ever - will be happy to support their business

,,,, and if you guys will ask the operators about "donating a $1 to Wounded Warrior or some other program on top of the NRA donation" the past 3 times i have ordered i have put the bug in their ear and i think they are close to trying the idea
smile.gif

I ordered a CDI DBM from Midway a few weeks back using a coupon code - shipping was less than $5 via USPS padded envelope.

I was fairly surprised; seems Midway is now offering this lower-cost option for some small, lightweight items.

I agree fuck Midway and United Package Smashers! I posted in the midway coupon post how they are bull shit. I ordered from Midsouth shooters supply last time and will be ordering more from them in the future. A 16 dollar difference in a box of lapua brass. wtf midway add some Vaseline if you are going to continue to bend people over like that!!! Best part... Mid south uses Fedex The non-union shiping service. Cheap rates and awesome service. Screw ol' Larry Potterfield he can keep his over priced shit.

I just got my package from Midway today.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from them.

I always know how much it cost and how much it cost to ship it BEFORE I hit send.

I've never had problem or complaint.

Out of dozens of orders I've only had one problem with Midway. I had ordered several hundred 400gr 475 cal bullets (heavy boxes) at the same time as several Saturn aluminum powder funnels. When the package arrived the funnels where crushed from rough handling in shipping. Whom ever packaged my order could have done a better job. One call to Midway and within 1 min the representative offered to ship me a new set of funnels and told me to keep the old ones. No hassle or argument and left me very satisfied beyond my expectations.

Every time I have called, the representatives have been polite, professional, and very helpfully.

Sorry the OP had a bad experience, I am sure it was a very isolated case.

One more plus, today I ordered a Pelican 1750 they have on sale. My 338LM Savage is 49.5" long and the case inside length is 50.5". I asked what there return policy is if my rifle did not fit the case to my liking. 90 days return policy if I don't modify the case.

Make that two more, the other day I made an order and forgot to enter the $10 off code. I called CS and they just gave me $10 in store credit. Used the credit on the 1750 order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: claudesapp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wounded Warrior is a great project. My wife is a VA surgeon; we know firsthand about some of the needs of vets and families. But you don't need Midway to donate it's easy enough to do right here:

https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/Default.aspx?tsid=66&campaignSource=WEBSITE

We made one of our Christmas donations online at the above site, quick and easy, just use your debit card. </div></div>

Thanks for posting this. Just made a donation!
Sorry to derail the thread a bit.

Well, just for shits & giggles I sent Midway CS a email with a link to this thread. I did not expect a reply, much less something that was actually typed by a person instead of a automated reply. I let them know (incase they didn't) that this forum has over 62,000 members and that a very large portion of them most likely spend their money with Midway or have in the past. I don't know if they give a damn or not, most likely not, but atleast they replied.

From Midway CS:

Dear Trevor,

Thank you for your recent email letting us know about the SnipersHide forum. We appreciate you taking your time and giving us this feedback. I have documented this information for our team. They regularly review this information to help create continuing improvements. We add Postage, Handling & Insurance to all orders. These charges are calculated at the time the order is placed, based on the number of packages in the order, the weight and dimensions of each package, the dollar amount of the order (for insurance purposes only) and the shipping address. The shipping fee calculates for the in-stock items while backordered items have a separate shipping charge. 

Thanks again for taking your time and letting us know about the forum and the messages that you have read. We appreciate your email with this information.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT; Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CT. You may also email us at [email protected]

Thanks for Your Business!

Niki
MidwayUSA Customer Service

I keep hearing about this birthday coupon code..........but I never get one? I have a registered account with them and received something saying my birthday was coming up and I should notify people of my wish list, but no coupon?

My birthday is in 2 weeks and I want a coupon!

I have shopped for years with Midway and Brownells and receieve their "dealer" pricing. Not that it is the greatest but sometimes I can save a few pennies. No issues with either one.

ive made 2 orders with them and had no problems at all. my wife ordered 2 cleaning rods for me a couple weeks ago, with no trouble at all. i placed an order this past weekend for some cleaning supplies, a vortex scope and tps rings. the cleaning stuff (bore guide, jags, bore brushes ect.) were shipped USPS. the scopes, rings and BC caps were sent out UPS. WTF!?!? this was ONE order. so today i check UPS to see when my scope will be here and the package came to a nearby town and then was transferred to USPS for delivery to my house. once again WTF!?!? and the shipping charge was retarded.

i live 40 miles from Brownells, they will get my business from now on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBlue&Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I keep hearing about this birthday coupon code..........but I never get one? I have a registered account with them and received something saying my birthday was coming up and I should notify people of my wish list, but no coupon?

My birthday is in 2 weeks and I want a coupon! </div></div>

I've never got 1 either

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBlue&Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I keep hearing about this birthday coupon code..........but I never get one? I have a registered account with them and received something saying my birthday was coming up and I should notify people of my wish list, but no coupon?

My birthday is in 2 weeks and I want a coupon! </div></div>

I've never got 1 either </div></div>

here's a few:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/midwayusa.com

No problem for me with Midway, except sometimes they use a huge box for a small item, and fill the rest of the box with those big plastic bubbles. In my mind they could save me a little money by using a smaller box and less fill.

I shop around, so I only buy from Midway when the price is right, or I have a large order and using the discount code helps then. Brownells/Sinclair/Triad are the other big ones I order from.

As far as UPS, they work best for me since I live in the sticks. My route driver is great, he calls me on my cell phone when a delivery is in question. FedEx expects me to drive two hours to pick up a shipment from them if I'm not home and a signature is required. I like having small items sent to me via USPS since I have a PO Box, and it can sit there and wait for me to pick it up, but a lot of vendors don't like shipping USPS, they say it's a hassle for them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dear Trevor,

Thank you for your recent email letting us know about the SnipersHide forum. We appreciate you taking your time and giving us this feedback. I have documented this information for our team. They regularly review this information to help create continuing improvements. We add Postage, Handling & Insurance to all orders. These charges are calculated at the time the order is placed, based on the number of packages in the order, the weight and dimensions of each package, the dollar amount of the order (for insurance purposes only) and the shipping address. The shipping fee calculates for the in-stock items while backordered items have a separate shipping charge. 

Thanks again for taking your time and letting us know about the forum and the messages that you have read. We appreciate your email with this information.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT; Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CT. You may also email us at [email protected]

Thanks for Your Business!

Niki
MidwayUSA Customer Service </div></div>

that was pretty shitty

The only problem I have with Midway is their shipping. I have ordered many times from them and the same thing happens.

The cheapest shipping option, isn't exactly cheap especially considering the size of the packages. I get charged $9+ everytime for shipping even for small packages that Brownell would ship for $5.95.

Then for some reason since it is UPS Basic, UPS hands the package over to USPS for the final delivery and it can take up to a week longer for me to receive my package. I think I waited almost 2 weeks for my last package. Everything else gets here in 2-4 days.

This hasn't happened to me excpet for my MidwayUSA orders, and it is very irritating.

Bottom line, charge me the correct price for shipping. If you're going to charge me $9 for a small envelope it'd better be here in a few days.

Shipping charges are the only reason i have never ordered from midway. I was gonna order a set of calipers until i seen what shipping was gonna cost me. No thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cody</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ive made 2 orders with them and had no problems at all. my wife ordered 2 cleaning rods for me a couple weeks ago, with no trouble at all. i placed an order this past weekend for some cleaning supplies, a vortex scope and tps rings. the cleaning stuff (bore guide, jags, bore brushes ect.) were shipped USPS. the scopes, rings and BC caps were sent out UPS. WTF!?!? this was ONE order. so today i check UPS to see when my scope will be here and the package came to a nearby town and then was transferred to USPS for delivery to my house. once again WTF!?!? and the shipping charge was retarded.

i live 40 miles from Brownells, they will get my business from now on. </div></div>

The UPS to USPS transfer has nothing to do with Midway. UPS will use USPS for overflow, thats WTF.

I don't have anything personal against Midway but I don't like the way they do business. Suck people in with good prices and inflate the shipping. If you talk to any of the myriad of respectable vendors on here that share our passion for the sport/hobby/job, most will admit they charge for shipping at cost. I've done business with a couple myself who have specifically mentioned this when I was surprised at how cheap their shipping bill was.

Also, breaking news: we're in a recession. The vendors here are working their asses off to try and save us as much money as they can and all Midway can do is offer smaller discounts and add a bunch of new exclusions that make em difficult to use; besides, $20 off $200 only covers their shipping so ordering stuff at one of the many places that offer free shipping and the savings are mitigated anyways.

I know Midway is a vendor on here so I have chosen my words carefully but I just get the vibe that Midway's name is orange because they're thinking green, not because of mutual interest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Busby.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brownells for the win!! </div></div>

In general, my experience has been Midway is much better than Brownells.

Brownells screwed me more than a few times. The last time, they dropped the price on their stainless steel tumbler the morning after I ordered it... They charged me full price, even though the order had not even been processed in their system. When I asked for a credit on the difference, they said I didn't have an order with that item... (Because their fantastic computer system was still thinking about it!)... I got tired of trying to explain the situation to their customer service drone, so I gave up. I hope the $15 was worth it to their bottom line.

I always hit midway first, and go to Brownells/Sinclair only when absolutely necessary.

Midway ships much faster...

I have used both Midway and Sinclair and both companies definitely have their pluses and minuses. Sinclair adjusted the sale price on the trimmer I bought and waited months for, Midway is real good about filling orders and charging like hell for shipping/insurance. Sinclair ships backorders for free and Midway charges............ bottom line is still buyer beware!!! I would like to buy from my local shops but they cant/wont compete so I shop around. Its nice to know that most all the sponsors here go out of their way to take care of SH customers..... thanks to all

Mark

I compare Brownells and Midway and I usually end up ordering from Midway. Since Brownells bought Sinclair, I have to pay Indiana state tax. It almost always makes Midway the better deal.

I have dealer accounts at both Midway and Brownell's. Midway tends to be cheaper. I normally use usps priority shipping option when available. Midway tends to be cheaper but Brownells can be much cheaper on some select items.

I've seen a 40% difference on Warne scope rings and some AR parts. I've had to call Midway CS one time and it was a positive experience. One time to Brownells and not as positive.

You need to order at least a hundred bucks worth of crap to make the shipping charges come out OK. Small orders suck, I just save crap in my wish list until I have enough to make it worth while.