• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dont Buy A Christensen Arms!!!

Sorry this happened to you but glad I saw this thread. I am about to drop the plastic on a CA Mesa 6.5CM. I'm new to long range or precision shooting but I've been watching a lot of YouTube and reading the occasional review and this is the first negative report I've seen about CA. I am currently waiting on a reply from Eurooptic regarding this rifle which I was buying as my primary hunting rifle due to the reported accuracy, light weight and affordability. Is CA really as bad as being stated in this thread? Aren't there any positive stories? Now I'm apprehensive.

Sorry this happened to you but glad I saw this thread. I am about to drop the plastic on a CA Mesa 6.5CM. I'm new to long range or precision shooting but I've been watching a lot of YouTube and reading the occasional review and this is the first negative report I've seen about CA. I am currently waiting on a reply from Eurooptic regarding this rifle which I was buying as my primary hunting rifle due to the reported accuracy, light weight and affordability. Is CA really as bad as being stated in this thread? Aren't there any positive stories? Now I'm apprehensive.
The Mesa models from Christensen have steel barrels, and most of the issues people have had involve their carbon fiber barrels. You should receive a rifle with no issues if you purchase a Mesa, at least I haven't heard of people having troubles with them.

For lightweight hunting rifles they make a nice product, even if they may be a more expensive than their competitors. They're definitely less suited towards long strings of fire.

Damn you got off easy! My recent 6.5mm CM SAC Barrel and Action alone was $2600! But my grouping looks to be much better. 3" target at 100yd zero. I'm sure it will prob tighten up as well as I only have 150 rounds through it.

Attachments

• SAC Grouping.jpg
    SAC Grouping.jpg
    856.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 20180801_180253[656688].jpg
    20180801_180253[656688].jpg
    232 KB · Views: 247
Just out of curiosity, did you use a torque wrench on the Razor and was it set to the proper inch pounds?

While it has been mentioned several times to check, recheck etc. I’ve seen several times were just a little bit of overtorquing causes intermittent jamming in the internals. The symptoms can be almost identicle to what you described. But that doesn’t mean the scope was defective, the installer was.

Anyway, with all the experience at your zeroing session, I am sure you swapped in another scope quickly as is standard when traveling zeros are present after checking all your torqued items.

Just buy a tikka it will shoot just as good or better

Just buy a tikka it will shoot just as good or better
Kinda what I think. My Tikka shoots 1/2 MOA on a good day, 3/4 on a bad day. When I shoot out the factory barrel and replace it with a Bartlein, it'll be even better, and I'll still only be out half of what a CA cost.

If I was going to spend more than a Tikka cost, I certainly wouldn't consider a CA. The entire experience on this thread and others is totally unacceptable at this price point. To whoever said they can't afford to test fire it - the first 10 shots of my Tikka CTR were easily under 1". If you're saying they can't burn 20 rounds of ammo on a $2700 rifle to confirm their accuracy guarantee or find out if there is an issue, then I don't want to do business with a company with premium products who wants the customer to do QA testing.

I sympathize with the OP but think he has more work to do before packing it off back to the manufacturer. As Diver so sweetly suggested, he needs to check out the scope and the scope mounting...and also the barreled action R&R.

Remove the barreled action per the provided Owners Manual (https://christensenarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/CA_BoltManual-Digital_02-2018_v02.pdf). [Yes, disassembly, and re-assembly, are covered in that manual.] Clean up ALL the threads (ID/OD) and then use a known-good, inch-pound torque wrench to re-assemble into the chassis - per the Owners Manual, to the noted torque setting, using blue/medium Loctite.

Now take the scope off, clean up ALL the threads (ID/OD), and reinstall scope to rings and rings/scope to rail with a known-good, inch-pound torque wrench - per the scope/scope ring manufacturer's specs, using blue/medium Loctite. Wait 24 hours for the Loctite to fully cure.

Next, invest in some Federal match ammo and head out to the range. Take along someone who has proven to be a "good shooter". Re-test – at least two shooters, including that “good shooter”.

Record the above process – top to bottom - and your results, in detail. Photos may be helpful.

Proceed from there.

Be well, shoot well!

My Christensen Ridgeline 300 WM shoots fantastic, as in the first group from the rifle was in the .1s fantastic. Is it constructed perfectly? Hell no! It's a factory rifle! The bedding looks about like other factory offerings I've seen and the barrel is free floated, but it isn't centered in the channel.

Nonetheless, I did my due diligence in properly mounting a known good optic, cleaned the rifle thoroughly to include separating the stock and the barreled action, then I torqued everything back together and proceeded to stack 215 Bergers into little knot holes.

Your account with CS is either a misunderstanding or BS. They would not say what you claim they did given the circumstances, the CS reps won't even tell you any possible repair procedures over the phone because they're unfamiliar since they're CS and not gunsmiths. They'll tell you that their gunsmiths have to look at it, and if you go on the website and fill out the RMA form under the "returns and repairs" tab they'll email you an RMA and they send a return label.

You should try that if you actually want to get this resolved instead of bitching on the internet because you were possibly unfortunate enough to get a bad apple. Or you could call and speak Jeff Bradley and try to have a little bit nicer attitude.

It's pretty ironic that you claim to be a "competitive PRS shooter" to qualify your shooting abilities, yet you don't show up on the PRS site as having a profile. Nor did a search put your name under any match results. This claim which is not backed up pretty much disqualifies anything you say, at least for me.

And I gotta ask, did you even bother testing the optic on another rifle afterwards, or putting another optic on this rifle to eliminate that possibility?
I am a brand new member here... but I feel obligated to post about my recent B. A. Tactical warranty experience with Christensen Arms about 45 days ago. I purchased my B. A. Tactical last fall, but only about two months ago first went out to break in the barrel per their on line factory instructions.
To my frustration, not one spent 6.5 Hornady ELD Match 143 grain cartridge extracted during the 50 round break in! Absolutely no primary extraction was evident. I had to manually pull each fired round out out the chamber.
I contacted customer service, explained the extraction failure, and also told them about the bolt in the rifle " dragging " when pushed forward during an attempted extraction. I expected to have the bolt glide like butter in the action in a rifle with this price point. Instead, mine felt like it was riding on a mixture of gritty sand and half dried glue.
C.A. sent me the return authorization that day by email. Although their stated repair wait time is 8-10 weeks, I received my rifle back in inly 5 weeks. They sent a Repair Work Order Report which stated my extraction issue. It also detailed the repairs performed.
They replaced my bolt, test fired the rifle in three shot groups; their test targets were scanned and sent, along with detailed ballistics info for each test group. All groups were sub moa, with many being .75. I am totally satisfied with their customer service, and the repairs made. My rifle now cycles the bolt "slick as a wet dream" ( from what I remember that was like 55 years ago). The new bolt evidently is their new design, given their comments in the Report. See this Repair Report ( and those three shot target test groups below.
Guys, my entire experience with C.A.'s customer service rep Cade Liston was exemplary. No complaints with the warranty work done. All is again well in the world.
My concern? How in the world did this rifle leave their factory without primary extraction being tested? I have watched the YouTube video by the guy with their MPR, and saw HIS primary extraction problems. He said his bolt was not " timed properly". He lifted his bolt up and rearward slowly, but observed that the trigger did not reset as he thought a Remington 700 based action should reset. His attempts to get C.A, to " time his bolt for proper primary extraction" apparently fell on deaf ears. I also asked them to time my bolt for proper primary extraction. I sent them this guys' video so they could see what he claimed to be an extraction issue. I spoke with someone at CA who appeared to be management and asked him abiut the video and primary extraction bolt timing problem allegation. He told me that their action is " based upon " a Remington 700 action, but is not identical to one. He said their rifle actions could not be compared exactly to the Rem 700 , and tge Youtube video was inaccurate.
Their written response to this timing issue concerning my rifle appears near the end if the first page of their Report below. I quote it here:

" We can't change the bolt timing on our bolt because it is in spec and to our print ".

Query: What did they mean by " in spec and to our print"? I do not want to appear naive or ignorant, guys...but I have to ask so I can learn.
On a positive note, My rifle shoots lights out now (.75 moa with 147 Hornady Match ELD 6.5), and the bolt works beautifully. I have no complaints. But am I overlooking something about my rifle's bolt timing here? Should I have pushed that issue more?
redtr6man. Dakota Dunes, South Dakota

Attachments

• F0B647A0-4663-4112-8E43-34E8BD43B16B.jpeg
    F0B647A0-4663-4112-8E43-34E8BD43B16B.jpeg
    482.3 KB · Views: 299
  • A7715D4B-5617-4567-8212-02BF8C0D0E85.jpeg
    A7715D4B-5617-4567-8212-02BF8C0D0E85.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 259
  • 0F3E4980-EB98-4FB0-B734-28AA52028127.jpeg
    0F3E4980-EB98-4FB0-B734-28AA52028127.jpeg
    343 KB · Views: 227
  • A3063A34-EE65-49FD-9693-C03760D2E7FE.jpeg
    A3063A34-EE65-49FD-9693-C03760D2E7FE.jpeg
    355.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 65D860CE-6407-4A3D-BAF0-07FA0B3D5E3C.jpeg
    65D860CE-6407-4A3D-BAF0-07FA0B3D5E3C.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 212
  • E8DE6E6E-38F9-4FCF-BB4F-4285A55B5C74.jpeg
    E8DE6E6E-38F9-4FCF-BB4F-4285A55B5C74.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Your account with CS is either a misunderstanding or BS. They would not say what you claim they did given the circumstances, the CS reps won't even tell you any possible repair procedures over the phone because they're unfamiliar since they're CS and not gunsmiths. They'll tell you that their gunsmiths have to look at it, and if you go on the website and fill out the RMA form under the "returns and repairs" tab they'll email you an RMA and they send a return label.

You should try that if you actually want to get this resolved instead of bitching on the internet because you were possibly unfortunate enough to get a bad apple. Or you could call and speak Jeff Bradley and try to have a little bit nicer attitude.

It's pretty ironic that you claim to be a "competitive PRS shooter" to qualify your shooting abilities, yet you don't show up on the PRS site as having a profile. Nor did a search put your name under any match results. This claim which is not backed up pretty much disqualifies anything you say, at least for me.

And I gotta ask, did you even bother testing the optic on another rifle afterwards, or putting another optic on this rifle to eliminate that possibility?
Sorry to disappoint you, but you cant argue the facts. Why dont you just deal with what I said and move on. A grown man shouldn't be googling some guys name from a thread to prove a point. What is your point anyway? It was simply an impulse buy. I ended up getting an ARC Nucleus action in 6.5 Creedmoor. Patriot Valley Arms barrel, 26 inch proof competition contour. Not to be mistaken for a carbon barrel from "Proof Research." Its a full stainless steel barrel that's heavier than MTU. I put PVA's Jetblast brake, which works flawlessly. I choose the Timney Calvin Elite two stage flat trigger. I enjoy it, well worth $150. I dropped that on an MDT ESS Chassis. Be sure not to use a full rail when using a Vortex Razor HD Gen II or any other X56 scopes. It wont clear a full rail forend on the ESS. Only use their buttstock, I tried the Magpul PRS and the length of pull at minimum would be perfect if your 7ft! Not 6ft like me. Anyway, better than a CA. Go try roasting someone else.

After reading the start of your post, I'm confused by you ending it this way. The old saying of getting more flies with honey does actually apply. I can understand being upset, but when you start off with saying you're posting everywhere about how bad they are and how everyone should avoid them, it doesn't seem like you would really want to work with them to try and resolve it. Understand you're pissed at what you're seeing, but take a step back to think what you want done and then think how best to accomplish it. It's very likely that railing on them will be less productive than engaging with them in a less confrontational or aggressive manner.

Exactly! Ease up bro.

I just got myself a MPR for about $2000 and my ejectors are prematurely dropping rounds in chamber. When I called for service I got help with no hold time. Brief talk then moments later pre-paid FedEx label in my email. Very responsive service department in my experience. Also, just saying, $2k is not a lot of money for a precision rifle. Hell, some actions cost nearly that much by themselves.
This is a whole lotta gun for 2g's. I use it as a packable killing machine that is very easy to hold steady and freehand shots are a breeze.

CA service department's first response to me was they wanted me to be happy with the gun and the second response was they want to fix it. CA thinks the ejector springs are out of spec and they were upfront about seeing this in other cases like mine. Once it gets back to me, I'll be on it like stink on shit.

Maybe CA service has just gotten better over time?

Exactly! Ease up bro.

I just got myself a MPR for about $2000 and my ejectors are prematurely dropping rounds in chamber. When I called for service I got help with no hold time. Brief talk then moments later pre-paid FedEx label in my email. Very responsive service department in my experience. Also, just saying, $2k is not a lot of money for a precision rifle. Hell, some actions cost nearly that much by themselves.
This is a whole lotta gun for 2g's. I use it as a packable killing machine that is very easy to hold steady and freehand shots are a breeze.

CA service department's first response to me was they wanted me to be happy with the gun and the second response was they want to fix it. CA thinks the ejector springs are out of spec and they were upfront about seeing this in other cases like mine. Once it gets back to me, I'll be on it like stink on shit.

Maybe CA service has just gotten better over time?
You're absolutely right, $2K is not much. I have a few very expensive custom rifles, however being 18 years old at the time, that is quite some change for a teenager.

Reactions: crwnking steve
After reading the start of your post, I'm confused by you ending it this way. The old saying of getting more flies with honey does actually apply. I can understand being upset, but when you start off with saying you're posting everywhere about how bad they are and how everyone should avoid them, it doesn't seem like you would really want to work with them to try and resolve it. Understand you're pissed at what you're seeing, but take a step back to think what you want done and then think how best to accomplish it. It's very likely that railing on them will be less productive than engaging with them in a less confrontational or aggressive manner.
You are right, but still. Cmon. I was 18 years old, and spent $5K for the entire package. I was just a kid. That's alot of money for me at the time. How old were you when you first spent 5K for a setup?

:)
Based on the number of times I have heard it, Seals must do nothing but train other guys to shoot.
I think the folks who claim such may have met someone claiming to be a Seal in a bar somewhere. Then again, I have never met anyone who claimed to be a Seal. I'm sure I have met a couple in my 76 years of running around this planet but they tend to be a pretty closed mouth bunch.
Exactly, but training with them through private training with the police force probably means they are legit. They are retired and contracted out for coaching for SWAT training and what not.

Damn, you didn't notice the barrel wasn't free floated when you went to pick it up? You should of sent it back right then. I just have one question? Why did you pick this manufacturer in the first place? It had to be based on something righteous and hopeful.

All these people are swamped with orders and if it wasn't for some basic tools and the barrel nut I would have stopped long ago. Learn to build your own fucking rifle. It is not that difficult.
Buddy, I grew up behind enemy lines in a liberal family. I was 18 and bought my first rifle. Chill, i now obviously have built my own that are much better. Instead of being an ass, why cant you offer advice or act like a leader and stfu.

You are right. And btw, sorry for the misunderstanding, I compete in some regional matches. I'm not a "pro prs shooter." Relax.

TO the OP....

Around here.....DON'T EVER blame your equipment. Its ALWAYS the shooters fault. Cuz apparently, machines are infallible. And manufacturing defects never ever happen.

Ask me how I know this.... :LOL: :LOL: :p :LOL: :p :p :LOL: :LOL: (y)(y)

Heres my 2 cents ive seen ht or miss between. Their CS isn't the best but whatever I have sent back they have fixed them. I had a couple of guys swear to only buy the Mesa's as the CF barrels from CA wouldn't shoot. One of the gunsmiths I trust just picked up a MPR but said his bergara hmr pro and lrp will out shoot it. Just my 2 cents.

I would expect the HMR Pro and LRP to outshoot the MPR. Sacrifices have to be made for the weight savings.

I just bought an MPR in 6.5 CM and it shoots .5 inch groups with Hornady Match 140 gr ammo. I'm 30 rounds into the break-in and have tried Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X at .6 inches. The Nosler 140 gr is shooting 1 inch plus groups.

I bought some more Precision Hunter rounds and have a box of 50 Hornady American 140 BTHP's that I'm going to test to finish the last 20 break-in rounds.

My point, I have no problem with my MPR CF barrel.

Reactions: redtr6man
Christensen Arms isn't a little known company they're inside of every Cabelas, Bass Pro, & Sportmans Warehouse. So what's the intended point of the thread one guy has an issue and none of the thousands of people that happily own CA's rifles are allowed to buy more? Given that the OP has spent the majority of the thread lashing out at others I find it difficult to value his character as a reference.

Reactions: redtr6man
I just bought an MPR in 6.5 CM and it shoots .5 inch groups with Hornady Match 140 gr ammo. I'm 30 rounds into the break-in and have tried Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X at .6 inches. The Nosler 140 gr is shooting 1 inch plus groups.

I bought some more Precision Hunter rounds and have a box of 50 Hornady American 140 BTHP's that I'm going to test to finish the last 20 break-in rounds.

My point, I have no problem with my MPR CF barrel.
I, too, have wonderful groups with my CA BA Tactical 6.5... .5 to .75 at 100 meters with my carbon fiber wrapped barrel. Have 150 rounds fired so far. Their CS has been OUTSTANDING... Would buy another CA model in a heartbeat...

I, too, have wonderful groups with my CA BA Tactical 6.5... .5 to .75 at 100 meters with my carbon fiber wrapped barrel. Have 150 rounds fired so far. Their CS has been OUTSTANDING... Would buy another CA model in a heartbeat...
I forgot to mention my ammo... factory Hornady 143 Precision Hunter gets the best groups out of my rifle; but even their 147 Match ELD got .75 to 1" groups at 100 meters. I am one happy camper ...

You are right, but still. Cmon. I was 18 years old, and spent $5K for the entire package. I was just a kid. That's alot of money for me at the time. How old were you when you first spent 5K for a setup?
So, you are 19 now and much wiser?
What ever came of the CA rifle that you blasted on here a year ago? Did you ever return it to have it fixed?

• Haha
Reactions: BoltRunner
For anyone looking at this and wondering if you should buy a CA. I’ll give you my take.

I’ve got a CA Ridgeline in 308, it was old stock when I bought it and I paid less than cost because the dealer was tired of looking at it. Initial impressions were “ummm this is a 2k rifle???”

As others have mentioned, the bedding left a lot to be desired. The trigger is a timney and with some love is pretty good. I replaced the radial muzzle break with one of their side baffles. I also mounted a 6-24 sightron s3 on top.

Beware the breakin for sure. I started with a shotgun pattern at 100 and ended with an average of 1moa. Not bad, but not great for 2k. So here are my thoughts at that point on MY Ridgeline, if you want a lightweight hunting rifle to pack around that’s plenty accurate enough for hunting inside ethical ranges, and requires zero babying (due to pretty much everything being weather impervious,) look no further. If on the other hand you’re looking for a target rifle... well... prepare to spend more money or look elsewhere.

I wanted a target rifle I could hunt with so I wasn’t happy yet. I ordered a manners t5a up in elite fill. Fast forward 5 months and my Ridgeline was bedded into its new home. Now, did I just void my warranty? Yeah probably, but I was going to handload anyway so no worries.

With the T5a bedded, torqued, and the barrel broken in, I’m now shooting ragged holes with 168 gold medal match. That’s the only bullet/ ammo so far this rifle REALLY REALLY likes but I’m still early in the process.

All that to say, I’ve delt with CA customer service twice thus far, they were excellent and helpful. Also I’m extremely happy with my rifle now as it sits. Was it exactly what I wanted bone stock? Nope, but with a little help I’m not at all upset about the money I’ve spent on it so far, and it’s EXACTLY what I wanted. In fact I’m strongly considering a MPR in 223 in the not too distant future.

Attachments

• CD25EDBB-1A0E-400A-BC2C-9F6C82C74091.jpeg
    CD25EDBB-1A0E-400A-BC2C-9F6C82C74091.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: CA10Recon
For anyone looking at this and wondering if you should buy a CA. I’ll give you my take.

I’ve got a CA Ridgeline in 308, it was old stock when I bought it and I paid less than cost because the dealer was tired of looking at it. Initial impressions were “ummm this is a 2k rifle???”

As others have mentioned, the bedding left a lot to be desired. The trigger is a timney and with some love is pretty good. I replaced the radial muzzle break with one of their side baffles. I also mounted a 6-24 sightron s3 on top.

Beware the breakin for sure. I started with a shotgun pattern at 100 and ended with an average of 1moa. Not bad, but not great for 2k. So here are my thoughts at that point on MY Ridgeline, if you want a lightweight hunting rifle to pack around that’s plenty accurate enough for hunting inside ethical ranges, and requires zero babying (due to pretty much everything being weather impervious,) look no further. If on the other hand you’re looking for a target rifle... well... prepare to spend more money or look elsewhere.

I wanted a target rifle I could hunt with so I wasn’t happy yet. I ordered a manners t5a up in elite fill. Fast forward 5 months and my Ridgeline was bedded into its new home. Now, did I just void my warranty? Yeah probably, but I was going to handload anyway so no worries.

With the T5a bedded, torqued, and the barrel broken in, I’m now shooting ragged holes with 168 gold medal match. That’s the only bullet/ ammo so far this rifle REALLY REALLY likes but I’m still early in the process.

All that to say, I’ve delt with CA customer service twice thus far, they were excellent and helpful. Also I’m extremely happy with my rifle now as it sits. Was it exactly what I wanted bone stock? Nope, but with a little help I’m not at all upset about the money I’ve spent on it so far, and it’s EXACTLY what I wanted. In fact I’m strongly considering a MPR in 223 in the not too distant future.
I own a ridgeline 308 and a agree 100 % with your post . It’s a really nice lightweight hunting rifle accurate within ethical hunting ranges. I did the break in they recommend and after about 15-20 rounds the groups closed in . I emailed customer support and got fast answers to my questions, very happy .

Update on my CA BA Tactical; after shooting 400 rounds of factory Hornady 143 gr Hunter Precision ELD-X ammo, and religiously following CA's on line break in instructions, "Thor's Hammer" now shoots .50-.75 MOA. Bolt manipulates smooth as a baby's butt. LOVE this rifle!!!!

Reactions: Grouper
Sorry to hear your rifle is a bit of a mess I hope you are able to get them to take care of it for you.
That being said, joining up to this site specifically to start bashing a company (as your first post none the less), with statements like the above, is going to get you a fair bit of ribbing... just so you know....

He just dropped $2700 bucks on a rifle that shoots like shit, I bet he's too mad to care. I would be.

very amusing ... i have had CS folks of other companies do stupid shit they should do, not sure why you are so conf they didnt given you werent there. Amazing ...

Update on my CA BA Tactical; after shooting 400 rounds of factory Hornady 143 gr Hunter Precision ELD-X ammo, and religiously following CA's on line break in instructions, "Thor's Hammer" now shoots .50-.75 MOA. Bolt manipulates smooth as a baby's butt. LOVE this rifle!!!!
My buddy just bought a 6.5 CM ridgeline after cleaning gun ,3 shots and the scope was on shooting .75- .30 groups . Followed their break in to the letter. I have a 308 ridgeline and could not be happier. Weight is right at 8.3 lbs with 6x24x50 Vortex vipers mrad

Reactions: Aaron47pb
What is this "break in" you all speak of? Does it require 400 rounds? Perhaps you mean - brake on?

I really want to like some of the Christensen Arms rifle, especially the MPR, but hearing stuff like this scares me.

This thread is a year old dumpster fire. If you read the MPR thread, you'll see there is lots to like about the MPR and Christensen Arms' customer services is great.

I own a Christensen BA tatical in 6.5. I mounted a NightForce 7X35 on top. After sighting in the scope I thought I was having trouble hitting the target at 100 yards until the range officer helped me and I realized I was hitting the same hole with multiple shots. I am no pro, not even close and I have not tested the rifle over 100 yards but as far as I can tell its spot on. Maybe you got one with a defect. Christensen is very responsive to my questions and I bet they could remedy your issue. Just my 2 cents.

I think the issue at hand now is getting your rig up and running. I (we/LRI) can solve that problem.

Happy to help.
I’ve been pretty happy with my MPR. But once I shoot out the barrel, I plan to send to LRI for new one. I’m thinking 7mm-08AI or 7 SAW would be an ideal combination of range and knockdown power for hunting.

The decision is really whether I want to get another Christensen barrel or a proof.

Reactions: TexLuke
I own a Christensen BA tatical in 6.5. I mounted a NightForce 7X35 on top. After sighting in the scope I thought I was having trouble hitting the target at 100 yards until the range officer helped me and I realized I was hitting the same hole with multiple shots. I am no pro, not even close and I have not tested the rifle over 100 yards but as far as I can tell its spot on. Maybe you got one with a defect. Christensen is very responsive to my questions and I bet they could remedy your issue. Just my 2 cents.
You are know bitten by the One Hole Bug. When you pull a shot 1/2 off you will think the world is going to end

Uhhhh, yeah, can't even see the hole enlarge with a NF 7x35? I guess that's the x56. New to this and first post too. Maybe so. I'm not from Missouri but...

Like I said I’m no pro. Just added a Christensen traverse in 300 win mag for a bear hunt next month. What’s Missouri got to do with anything lol.

I once bought a Howa 1500 EuroVarminter in 308 Win (the one with the Laminated thumbhole stock with ventilation slots) I had already paid for it 3 months before and had just got the licence card - which in South Africa is a big deal, so a return/repair/swop is virtually impossible to do.

Anyhow I placed the butt on the floor of the shop and was able to move the barrel VISIBLY left and right a few millimeters in its channel. I looked at the salesman, he shrugged. The screws were tight. I said to myself "This rifle will never shoot, not like this"

No quibbles (pointless, really) took it home and immediately pillar bedded the rifle with a Score Hi kit I had already bought, without firing a shot through it. At the range I was rewarded with an 11-12 mm group using 155gr Sierra Palma's, while breaking it in. Became my go-to target rifle.

My point is, if you have the skills, never be scared of fixing stuff yourself, if you cant get satisfaction anyway else.

I once bought a Howa 1500 EuroVarminter in 308 Win (the one with the Laminated thumbhole stock with ventilation slots) I had already paid for it 3 months before and had just got the licence card - which in South Africa is a big deal, so a return/repair/swop is virtually impossible to do.

Anyhow I placed the butt on the floor of the shop and was able to move the barrel VISIBLY left and right a few millimeters in its channel. I looked at the salesman, he shrugged. The screws were tight. I said to myself "This rifle will never shoot, not like this"

No quibbles (pointless, really) took it home and immediately pillar bedded the rifle with a Score Hi kit I had already bought, without firing a shot through it. At the range I was rewarded with an 11-12 mm group using 155gr Sierra Palma's, while breaking it in. Became my go-to target rifle.

My point is, if you have the skills, never be scared of fixing stuff yourself, if you cant get satisfaction anyway else.
It’s always better when you grow it brew it build it or repair it yourself .

:)
Based on the number of times I have heard it, Seals must do nothing but train other guys to shoot.
I think the folks who claim such may have met someone claiming to be a Seal in a bar somewhere. Then again, I have never met anyone who claimed to be a Seal. I'm sure I have met a couple in my 76 years of running around this planet but they tend to be a pretty closed mouth bunch.
Only 150 or so Seals actually served in VN and I have met all 3000 of them. Just saying

Reactions: Grouper