• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Don't like your S&B MTC clicks? Remove or fix!!

Hellbender

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2008
Lebanon, Missouri
Here's an easy disable or fix for the hard MTC elevation clicks on the S&B's.

Remove the turret first, just loosen the 2 allen screws that let you zero the marks and lift it off.

Get a jeweler's screwdriver THAT FITS (fully and properly) these 4 screws....

2011-06-22_17-19-20_845-1.jpg

Crack them all loose, they are Loctited and tight so you may want to set a soldering iron on each one for a little while. I didn't have to on mine.

Evenly, a couple turns at a time, start bringing them up. The spring tension stops after a few turns.....

2011-06-22_17-26-33_144-1.jpg

I stuck a little magnet on the side of my screwdriver to help hold the screws and not drop them.

Remove the plate and you can see the detent post.....

2011-06-22_17-28-39_241-1.jpg

A little pair of needle nose pliers will lift it out.

2011-06-22_17-29-32_430-1.jpg

2011-06-22_17-29-40_881-1.jpg

Just leave the parts out to disable the MTC clicks, the turret will then act like a regular non-MTC, you can zero and the little clicks are all still there.

If you want to keep the MTC clicks, but make them easier, just slightly, a VERY little (only .001"-.002" at a time, measure with a caliper) shorten the springs, assemble and repeat until they feel like you want them. Or better, measure them and find a weaker spring to fit.

NOTE: This will only work on the elevation turret, the windage turret would require more dis-assembly and I wouldn't do it.

Re: Don't like your S&B MTC clicks? Remove or fix!!

Great post! I may apply it to my M8541... It's not bad, but could improve.

Merlinn

You might want to check with S&B that you are not voiding the warranty by disassembling the scope that way. Good fix but worth a check.

Why buy a MTC scope if you don't want the MTC clicks?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why buy a MTC scope if you don't want the MTC clicks? </div></div>

I believe some models are only available with MTC turret (the new 3-20x50 PM II for example).

confused.gif

I know this is a old thread I'm resurrecting but would this be a good way to get rid of the MTC clicks on the 3-20 PMII?

It is if you want to void your warranty.