• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dope cards - dry erase or similar.

Bgriff008

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2021
Columbus Ohio
I recently bought the RDS X-Ring dope system. It comes with cards but I want blank dry erase cards for it. What are you guys using? Looking for ideas. I’ve found ideas from the web and Amazon but there may be an option I like better by someone posting up what they use. Thanks.

I have been over using 3x5 cards to keep track of my dope at what ever range I could be shooting at , that I cut to desired size for each of the different loads I like to shoot at different ranges It almost feels like I sort of over did it . I have copy's in the glove box of the car , my ammo box's , my wallet , on the gun in the pocket of my one mat inside the zipper of my bag that has a zipper . and in an almost instant could print out 100 more if I needed to replace any . Think the cards were like 3.00 for a couple hundred had 50 laminated I don't care if they get destroyed for the price they cost the laminator was 21.99 on amazon . and the on gun dope card holder I got here on the forums not sure If the guy still makes them but you could still find the post maybe .

Reactions: Bgriff008
Like everything PRS..................go to Cole-Tac.

The dope card holder is I think 25$. It is a small 2" X 3" piece of white plastic ( dry erase board) that holds on to your scope tube with a bungee type of cord. It holds on tight and doesn't move. You can write on it but I use white painters tape. Write your dope on it for each stage and rip it off when you're done with the stage.

Not sure on biz card sized ones.

I have the Cole-tac dope card and have used these with spring clips:

These are credit card sized PVC which are pretty much what the Cole-tac uses along with some adhesive backed velcro:

My new Gen II dope card holders have powdercoated steel dope cards held in place with neodymium magnets. Use a sharpie, dry erase, whatever.

I know on the magpul cards you can write in them with a lumicolor map marker and then erase later with alcohol. Might work on other things

I printed my own and laminated them. Then put velcro on them
20210430_190609.jpg

Reactions: sjmpcc022
Buy the blank ID badges on Amazon and add Velcro to the back. Stick on the coletac holder and you’re set. I use sharpies on mine and then wipe clean with acetone after a match. I have 15 or so in my pack so plenty for a match. I tried dry erase markers on them but the markers just don’t work that well. Tips seem to dry out fast outside in the wind.

Buy the blank ID badges on Amazon and add Velcro to the back. Stick on the coletac holder and you’re set. I use sharpies on mine and then wipe clean with acetone after a match. I have 15 or so in my pack so plenty for a match. I tried dry erase markers on them but the markers just don’t work that well. Tips seem to dry out fast outside in the wind.
Good point on the dry erase. I get fine point permanent markers

Reactions: Bgriff008 and tnc
Not sure on biz card sized ones.

I have the Cole-tac dope card and have used these with spring clips:

These are credit card sized PVC which are pretty much what the Cole-tac uses along with some adhesive backed velcro:
Cool. I saw these on Amazon as well.

Thanks guys. I like the apostrophe card post and the ID plastic card idea. Carry a handful during the match and write to each card for each stage. Clean when get home.
I don’t know why, but I was thinking one card and clean between stages. That sounds ridonkulous after realizing I can take a handful of blanks. 😜

I have the Warne system that attaches to my scope mount. The stickers don’t peel off worth a crap, so I started using 3x5 notecards. Fold them in half and then write one stage on the front and another on the back. I hold the to my Warne board with two mini binder clips (top and bottom).

Thanks guys. I like the apostrophe card post and the ID plastic card idea. Carry a handful during the match and write to each card for each stage. Clean when get home.
I don’t know why, but I was thinking one card and clean between stages. That sounds ridonkulous after realizing I can take a handful of blanks. 😜
I haven’t used it very much at all, always just wrote it on my hand or arm before recently, but the cole tac card worked fine for me with the dry erase. I wiped it clean after each stage just fine. I’m sure after while it’ll dry out and get scratched up and not work as well but I’d try it with the dry erase.

I use the Coletac but with paper and a small binder. I cut printer paper into about 10 cards. I've tried using a Sharpie and carrying a small spray bottle of 90% alcohol. If you want to do that, go with the above recommendation and get 15 cards and clean them at home. It became kind of a hassle doing it between stages. That's why I went back to paper. The Coletac is awesome though. Got mine free with my NRL22X membership grab bag.

I recently bought the RDS X-Ring dope system. It comes with cards but I want blank dry erase cards for it. What are you guys using? Looking for ideas. I’ve found ideas from the web and Amazon but there may be an option I like better by someone posting up what they use. Thanks.
Mactak over paper and use a sharpie, wipes off with alcohol. No chance of accidentally rubbing it and erasing it.

Cole-Tac, Frog Tape and a Sharpie. I pre tape about 15 tape layers to the Cole-Tac card before a match. At each stage I write my dope with the sharpie clipped on my kestrel pouch. When the stage is done, peel that layer of tape off just like they peel windshield layers off in NASCAR.

I haven't tried this in the field yet, but for the price it won't break the bank, and should do the job.

I tried dry erase - it sounded like a good idea, but it smudges too easily and the writing gets illegible. So, I ginned up a clear poly sleeve for my Cole-Tac, cut cards to fit, and just use an ink pen to write DOPE on. This is my go-to until something better comes along.

Green or blue painters tape on your weak side forearm works extremely well BTW. Get the extra wide. It doesn't pull the arm hairs like duct tape. Ask me how I know. 🙃

Reactions: Just Chuck