• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Double bore rider throat?

deadontheX

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2023
European
Hi guys, I am new here.
I have been reading for a while and now I have joined. Maybe a basic question, but what the heck is a double bore rider throat? I found the term on Facebook , written by Mark Fox. Furthermore, I was thinking if you can combine bore rider bullets and bore rider throat. What would be the advantages and disadvantages?

The question is more about what it is, what are the pros and cons. The affordable part may come at a later time.

That's it? No one else is willing to explain in detail? How much of the rifling is removed at stage one? How much at stage two, and what are the lead angles?

Last edited:
Dbl bore rider throat ??? There is a bore rider throat. There are bore rider bullets and there is a 3 stage bore rider 3 stage is where the first stage is the same diamiter as the bullet 2 stage is -.004 for a specfic distance dictated by specfic bullet shank length and then the full engagement into lands being the 3rd stage

You must have mis understood mark
I didn't misunderstand him because he never explained it. I have no/had no idea what a double bore rider throat is. My post was at best a guess.
Back to the beginning. I was on facebook and found the following post in the comments. After that I thought what the hell is a double bore rider throat. I had no idea.... and now here we are.

IMG_20231102_172243.jpg

Of course I know what a bore rider throat is but double bore rider throat is new to me.

Here is a regular old everyday borerider bullet.
The area closest to the ogive measures 0.502 inches and rides on top of the lands and aligns the bullet in the bore.
The wasteband in the middle measures 0.482 inches and reduces pressure.
The section closest to the boattail is the driving band and it measures 0.5095 and it imparts the rotation onto the bullet.
A standard borerider chamber has zero freebore.
A double borerider chamber has freebore so the driving band gets pushed forward before engaging the lands.

Attachments

• 20231102_104240.jpg
    20231102_104240.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 34