• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Double rifle cases-will 2 scoped rifles fit?

Remsen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2006
Northern California (occupied)
I've been searching through discussions and reviews on double rifle cases and it seems that some cases, the SKB double rifle in particular, can hold two unscoped rifles but not scoped ones. I'm going to be flying from CA to WY later this year for an antelope hunt and am bringing two rifles. One of the rifles is a GAP in an AICS stock, the other is a bone stock Sig SHR 970. Both rifles have scopes and I'd prefer to case the rifles with the scopes attached.

If anyone has experience with using double rifle cases for scoped rifles I'd be grateful for suggestions on the best ones. Thanks.

Re: Double rifle cases-will 2 scoped rifles fit?

The SKB double rifle case will hold two scoped rifles. I traveled with my F-Class and a Cross the course rifle, both with scopes, with no issues, other than the heavy weight in total (about 60pounds).

+1 on the SKB. I have flown with 2 scoped rifles in mine...fits pretty good and a sturdy case.

I also have the SKB case its very sturdy, locks, and mine even has wheels to help get it around.