• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Double trouble..Beanland and a Rem-age semi custom

pyplynr

Minuteman
Apr 4, 2010
Oklahoma
I'd like to personally thank Jon Beanland for building me this first beautiful rifle. I'd also like to personally thank Todd Jackson (30calsniper) for the awesome paint on the stocks. Also many thanks go to Jay at Sportoptics for the glass. And Thanks to Dan @ Darkeagle customs for the awesome work done on the second rifle.

Here are the specs followed by a picture.

Bighorn Tactical SA w/ Bighorn 20moa base
Chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua
Krieger Barrel, standard Palma contour @ 25" 8.5 twist, Spiral fluted by Kampfeld Custom, Threaded 5/8x24 for my suppressor.
Holland recoil lug
Manners T4A with minichassis W/ Todd's awesome paint.
Huber 2 stage Trigger
Atlas Bipod
ARC low rings
Nightforce NXS F1 w/NPRF1 reticle
FDE Ceracoat done by Beanland

011_zps98376b15.jpg

This second rifle is going to be my hunting rifle, that I somewhat built.

specs and pic

Remington 700 action Trued up for a Rem-age barrel, action notched like a Savage to locate recoil lug, bolt fluted, and installed a APA bolt knob. All done by Dan at Darkeagle customs.
CBI pre-fit Rem-age barrel, light varmint @ 18" 8twist in 6.5x47 Lapua, threaded for my suppressor
Northland SS Rem-age barrel nut and Darkeagle recoil lug
Manners T5A with another one of Todd's badass paintjobs
APA RTG bottom metal
Old style Remington trigger
Harris bipod
Seekins 20 MOA base
Farrell allow low rings
Nightforce 2.5-10x32 with NPR2 reticle
OD Green Duracoat done by me.

010_zps670c8571.jpg

Here they are together.

792151_4337314878061_943285419_o_zps7519147e.jpg

I sure am proud of them. Thanks for lookin

Re: Double trouble..Beanland and a Rem-age semi custom

I have been thinking about trying out a Rem-age build. Those turned out very nice.

Beanland built me and my shooting buddy 6.4x47L's
On Bighorn actions. They r both 1/4 guns !
Nice rig. By one of the Best !!

BTW.... They Love the Berger 130's over Varget !

Good shooting !
M

Very nice rigs! Those Bighorns are pretty slick and well thought out.

There's a couple of really sweet stick's.Congrats,How do you like the TA5 stocks just wondering got one coming on my 300 Rum build and all ready thinking of putting one on my 338 Norma build I got started.Just haven't got be hind one yet but I love the looks of them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rottenron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a couple of really sweet stick's.Congrats,How do you like the TA5 stocks just wondering got one coming on my 300 Rum build and all ready thinking of putting one on my 338 Norma build I got started.Just haven't got be hind one yet but I love the looks of them </div></div>

I like them quite well. Still not sure which I like better the T5a's or the T4a's I have 3 T4a's and 2 T5a's. Both are very comfy.

Wow, very nice. I love the paint. I may have some work for Todd

Very nice looking rigs for sure
Beanland is flat out awesome

Those both look fantastic - Jon sure is great to deal with, I just got my 7mm-08 shipped from him last week.
Congrats to you!