• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS LR 308 Barrels? Who make the stock barrels?

Zebra644

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Ohio
I did not want to hi-jack the other 308 barrel thread so I started this one, Okay. I called DPMS today and spoke with a nice fellow. I asked him a question about thier barrels. Are the barrels on the 24'' stainless 1-10's produced in house or are they from another company and assembled to the uppers and if so could you tell me who. Now keep in mind that when I had Spikes build my M-4 they told me I had x-amount of barrel choices, so I went with a Danile Defence. The gentelman at DPMS said they use a vendor to supply that barrel and he was not allowed to tell me who they come from. SO I came here to pull from the vast knowlede of fellow and senior Hide members if any of you may know to satisfy my curiosity.

Re: DPMS LR 308 Barrels? Who make the stock barrels?

At their price point, I would guess Shaw or Wilson.

Montana Barrels, DPMS is not using Wilson Arms now.

Montana Barrels as in McGowan in Kalispell?
When I called DPMS about a 6.5 CM Barrel, I was told that they (DPMS) made their own barrels. Thanks for the info. Mike.

Well, I only asked about the .308 heavy bull barrels like my 24'' 1:10 button rifled. I havent the foggiest about the 6.5CM. Maybe they make those in house because of the calibre?

was thinking krieger

I heard that they use wilson barrels, I have been very impressed with their factory barrels who ever it is.

mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was thinking krieger </div></div>

You're joking right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mbandy13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard that they use wilson barrels, I have been very impressed with their factory barrels who ever it is.

mike </div></div>
Same here all day under half MOA works for me!

Has no-one called McGowan and Wilson and asked them? I am sure they would like to brag about it as I think they are generally taken as very accurate .308 AR's????!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mbandy13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard that they use wilson barrels, I have been very impressed with their factory barrels who ever it is.

mike </div></div>
Same here all day under half MOA works for me! </div></div>

Under half MOA all day? That is impressive... please post a pic of maybe 3-6 5 shot groups on the same paper so I can feel shitty. I'm serious... well not shitty but envious.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pupdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was thinking krieger </div></div>

You're joking right?

</div></div>

Must have been the sr 25 stoner version that used krieger.

Had a dpms .308 LR several years ago, was really impressed with the accuracy considering the 10lb trigger and the poor rigidity of this system.

BERM, I looked at your link, and my LR 308 has it too. I have the H marked on barrel,its just before the barrel nutt in the middle of the under side of the barrel. I took a flash light and looked though one of the ports in my handguard. Towards the end of the muzzle I have the DPMS 1-10. I wonder what that is, lol.

grin.gif
I did not realize I posted that way. I know 1-10 is the twist rate lol, I was refering to the H stamping with the flame on the barrel like yours, so much for my astute powers of observation before posting that last one
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pupdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was thinking krieger </div></div>

You're joking right?

</div></div>

Must have been the sr 25 stoner version that used krieger.

Had a dpms .308 LR several years ago, was really impressed with the accuracy considering the 10lb trigger and the poor rigidity of this system.
</div></div>

No SR25s dont use kreiger. I think it may be douglas. At least thats what the M110's might be... not sure though.

Yeah those DPMS LR308's can shoot. Good buy for the money if that is what you're lookin for.

I agree sub moa on all the ones i have shot. .5 or better on my own hand loads on the ones i own. I belive there in house.