• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

DPMS LR-65 Buttstock Conversion

daaaveman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2013
Hi guys. Need a hand. No matter how much I read, I'm afraid I'm going to screw this up. I have a DPMS LR-65 (6.5 Creedmoor) that I love. The only upgrade I've done is Geissele 2-stage. Shoots like a dream. However, it still has the origina A2 buttstock and I want to put a collapsible Vltor E-Mod on it. Would you mind helping me a minute with my parts list?

• [*]Vltor Emod (Commercial or Mil-Spec? Which do I need?)
    [*]Slash Heavy Buffer CAR-10 (I want Carbine Length, not rifle length, correct?)
    [*]WOLFF XP CARBINE Buffer Spring - Wolff P/N 16501
    [*]Buffer Tube - Give me recommendations please! (I understand it has to match the Commercial or Mil-spec decision on the Emod.)
    [*]Am I missing anything?

I know there are a ton of threads on this but I've been reading them off and on for months and still don't have a firm grasp.

I promise pictures upon completion of the conversion! Thanks gang!

Well if you dont want to screw it up, then i would not change the buffer tube length, spring, and weight at all. Any changes to those parts will change the timing of the action.

Why do you want to get an adjustable stock? Do you want to change the length of pull?

check Luth AR, Magpul PRS for longer then A2. Check the A1 buttstock for shorter then A2.

If ur looking for recoil mitigation, Limbsaver makes a pad for A1/A2 stocks that has a fiberglass insert for the stock to but pad transition.

I have a Fulton Armory FAR308 in 6.5 creedmoor and i love mine.

Well if you dont want to screw it up, then i would not change the buffer tube length, spring, and weight at all. Any changes to those parts will change the timing of the action.

Why do you want to get an adjustable stock? Do you want to change the length of pull?

The LOP is too long right now. I'm only about 5'9" and have always liked a shorter LOP anyway. I want it adjustable so that my son who is 13 can shoot it too. The LOP on the A2 is way too long for him.

I'd look into getting a Vltor A5 set up so you can run standard length ar15 carbine buffers rather than the shorter 308 buffers (3.25" vs 2.5"). That'll give you a bunch more options in regards to buffer weights and springs too. The Vltor A5 buffer tube is only around $45 or so. Slash's buffers are great and they have a ton of good weight options, Kynshot makes a carbine buffer specifically for A5 length tubes on AR10 rigs.