• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

dpms lrt sass or armalite sass?

Re: dpms lrt sass or armalite sass?

I would ask KevinB (sp}

EDIT: Not because I favor the KAC.

I, like okiefired, have three (3) ARMALITE AR-10s and
have gone through atleast eight or nine more since 1999.

Correction: Purchased three in my first twelve months of the infection.

LOVE my DPMS SASS. It has been outshooting me since the day i picked it up. Worked up a number of different loads over the last 2 years and have had nothing but good things to say about it.

I worked a 178gr AMAX load up to 43.5 and eventually saw a sheared extractor, but that was all me, i'd say if you're interested in the DPMS go for it, it's a great rifle.

I would consider expanding your search, I had an Armalite, sold it, had a DPMS sold it, then I researched 308 semi autos and wanted a lightweight system. I ended up with a KAC EMC 16 inch and the SR-25 pattern mags.
My top two were the LMT MWS and the KAC I bought mine before the LM8 was introduced.
in no particular order
DPMS SASS SR-25 pattern
ARMALITE SASS M14 type mags but I hear they are making or have made an SR-25 pattern.
LMT MWS SR-25 pattern
LARUE OBR/PREDAOBR SR-25 Pattern
KAC ECC SR-25 Pattern
GAP10 SR-25 Pattern

If you don't reload and depend on factory ammo, I don't really think it matters. they are all the same.

I own an LMT MWS, Armalite SASS and the DPMS SASS. By far my most accurate and favorite rifle is the DPMS SASS. The JP trigger on it really shines compared to the OEM triggers on the other two.

I would go with Armalite. DPMS wouldn't be a bad buy either but I find the Armalites that I get in my shop with a little bit tighter tolerances. The other reason why is heir customers services is amazing.