• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS LRT SASS vs ARMALITE SUPER SASS

Re: DPMS LRT SASS vs ARMALITE SUPER SASS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every other 7.62/.308 magazine on the market <span style="font-style: italic">wishes</span> it was as good as a "bastardized dog dick" Armalite magazine. If Armalite advertised near as much as those others, they would dominate the market. Till then it's monkey see, monkey do.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Armalite would adopt the SR25 magazine and drop the dogdick bastardized M14 mags they would corner the market. I spoke at length with them when they called and wanted me to re up my deal with them. Their excuse was they had crates of mags in stock.

Till then DPMS, CMMG, Larue, POF, etc.. will dominate the Semi world.

For this reason alone, DPMS is the best value. You can take an out of the box A3 LR308, trim the barrel down, recontour it, and customize it how you want and have a hell of a tack driver.

Or Just buy a Remmy R25 and win matches right out of the box with good glass.

On the flip side, we all remember L. London's 9k round abused AR10 that would shoot lights out even when he sold it. With him calling the shots, I personally shot 8 consecutive headshots with wind @ 1k on little herman on the Hardrock Range.

Their rifles will shoot great, just retool and use a magazine that is mil spec. </div></div> If anything is a "bastardized dog dick" it's the copy cat DPMS. </div></div>

You're seriously kidding right? That or you don't know your firearms history AT ALL.

The DPMS "copy cat", "Bastardized dog dick" magazine is THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL ARMALITE AR10 MAGAZINE FROM THE 1960'S! A current DPMS pattern magazine would function PERFECTLY in an original AR10, you couldn't cram a new "Armalite" mag in one, no way, no how.

Armalite, the commercial venture we now know as Armalite adopted the "dog dick" African Engineered M14 magazines when they first produced the AR10. They did this because it was during the 94-04 magazine ban and they figured that those would be easier to find for most American shooters vs. a 40 year old mag for a rifle that was never that popular to begin with.

Armalite-current production version, uses a DOG DICK AFRICAN ENGINEERED magazine that the gun was not originally designed for! Sorry to hurt your feelings but those are the facts.