• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS SASS IOR 3-18

Mr79588

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2009
US
Dpms sass, ior FFP MIL/MIL 3-18, ior md rings, bcm gunfighter charging handle, ergo surgrip, The groups are from the first 50 rounds of break in, im very happy with the results, no malfunctions, i was worried that it wouldnt group as well as some say but it did!!:)
DSC03225.jpg

Re: My new rig! pics

Nice set up! Did you have pictures of your first groups?

175Gr SMK's, 45gr varget, cci 200, winchester brass, also shot 168smk's with 46gr varget and got groups just as nice Wind was blowing around 15mph when these groups where shot so far i have around 60 rounds thru the gun

Here is a 5 shot group from today wind was much calmer on this group, i blew the 3rd shot (my fault,stupid trigger) thats the biggest down fall to this rifle, 4 shots in less than .5moa, new trigger here i come, this group shot with 168grain smk's
DSC03237.jpg

as my grandpa would say, "Dog my cat!" That's yet another horrible looking rifle. You should break it down into components and send them to me so you don't have to worry yourself with the sight of such an ugly beast.
wink.gif

Very nice. My custom DPMS with bull-Bushy barrel is the most accurate gun I have ever fired. I have a few, including an Armalite AR10T that's <span style="font-style: italic">almost</span> as accurate. There's nothing quite like getting everything you paid for, and then some. Enjoy.

The 2.800 is the answer to the question of what COAL are you using not the price he paid for it if I'm not mistaken.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2,800 !!!!!!!!!!!!! You paid WAY to much for it bro.. </div></div>

I think he was talking about the COAL for his rounds

Sorry i should have word it different 2.80 COAL

As you put more rounds down the tube on that the groups will tighten up it took mine about 275 on my LR-308 24" to see that.

Kind of looks like the rifle groups rounds together depending on what side of the magazine they are being fed from. Great looking rifle.

had strong full value wind gusting that day that could have something to do with the separating groups

Sweet rifle! And Nice shooting!
Show us a Side pic I want to see the grip your running? I've been thinking about swapping out the Big ass TAPCO grip on my SASS!
46gr Of Varget on the 168's is a wee bit warm isnt it??? Mine is a 1/2 moa or less with 44gr and 168 SMK's

Doug

got the data off of ocw site and it is working great for the 168smk's

I will try to put a video of groups being shot on the range to show gun in action if the wind isnt bad this weekend.

That scope looks familiar! Glad to see you're enjoying it, and putting it to good use. Good combo!
Jason

this one has worked out great, thanks for such a good deal on the scope jason, i would not be scared to buy another ior 3-18 ive been more than happy with it. i had to buy a set of med ior rings, ill save the low rings i got from you to put on a bolt gun build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for what looks like a BCM gunfight charging handle </div></div>

LOL I have the same charging handle one mine as well. He pretty much has my rifle.

Out of all the semis I've owned it's 2nd place as the most consistent shooter. Shoots great with everything I put in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DougW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet rifle! And Nice shooting!
Show us a Side pic I want to see the grip your running? I've been thinking about swapping out the Big ass TAPCO grip on my SASS!
46gr Of Varget on the 168's is a wee bit warm isnt it??? Mine is a 1/2 moa or less with 44gr and 168 SMK's

Doug </div></div>
I usually go 45.5 an 45.7, both shoot quite well although drop it back to 45.5 for the semis.

so whats the price, I am debating on a new rifle, a M1a, ar10, or a dsa SA58 with a short barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tango 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so whats the price, I am debating on a new rifle, a M1a, ar10, or a dsa SA58 with a short barrel. </div></div>

If accuracy is your thing you'll be happiest with an AR10 and you can have something decent for about 1700$.

If you're more about the rifle's "character" then buy whichever appeals to you the most, it's your $$$$.

I've recently really gotten the itch to get into a SASS rifle. I can't make up my mind either. I'm in the research portion right now. I keep wondering if the Les Baer is worth the extra coin???? I am trying to find the ups and downs between the DPMS, the Armalite, and the LBC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tango 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so whats the price, I am debating on a new rifle, a M1a, ar10, or a dsa SA58 with a short barrel. </div></div>

Get a DPMS, that way if you want the short lighter, or longer heavy barrel , or .260 all you have to do is buy another upper (same mags,same trigger,same stock - just swap tops)

Seems like the new Magpul mags have solved my double feeds (fingers crossed)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tango 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so whats the price, I am debating on a new rifle, a M1a, ar10, or a dsa SA58 with a short barrel. </div></div>

Get a DPMS, that way if you want the short lighter, or longer heavy barrel , or .260 all you have to do is buy another upper (same mags,same trigger,same stock - just swap tops)

Seems like the new Magpul mags have solved my double feeds (fingers crossed) </div></div>
The Magpuls were the reason I kept my DMPS. I kept getting double feeds and was getting sick of it, bought 4 pmags and havent had a problem since. The factory mags are junk.

What trigger are you guys running, I installed the RR NM 2 stage and it is so much nicer than the factory. I want a single stage light pull. Just curious

Re: My new rig! pics DPMS SASS IOR 3-18

Don't wanna thread-jack, but I've got a question for you DPMS LR308 guys:

I bought a SASS 2 years ago, and I've NEVER gotten it to shoot better than 1.5 MOA for a group of 5 or more, at any range. I broke it in according to the DPMS directions (which was excruciating). I've tried FGMM, Hornady 168 Match, and many different loads of my own using 4895, 4064, Varget and RL15 with 168smk, 175smk and 180smk. I've had 2 or 3 different optics on it, with 2 or 3 different mounts. I've also had several friends who are good (not USMC snipers, but good) shoot it with the same results as me. I can shoot .5 MOA or better with my bolt gun.

I finally sent it in to DPMS a couple months ago, and I JUST got the accuracy report back - shoots .6 MOA (3 shot group) for them with Hornady Match. .7 with FGMM. Haven't received the rifle back yet, but....

Do you think I just can't shoot it worth a damn (somehow I can shoot a bolt gun, but not a gas gun), or that DPMS just didn't want to fix it?

They did a great job when they put the SASS together. I almost bought this gun and might pick one up; when I get all the other guns I need (want). The SASS has a really nice barrel. I used the LAR 8 and I am pleased. But the DPMS SASS is awesome, especially for the money. Great gun - accurate.

Good shooting. Also your photos are excellent.