• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Drag Bag Eberlestock or Tac-Op

B.Bates

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2005
Palatka, Fl
Looking to up-grade from my midway usa bag.

I am considering either the Tac-Ops or Eberlestock

i wanted some opinions or thoughts, i have seen and read up plently on the tac-ops.

the eberlestock is new to me but i have some packs from them and have always been impressed

i dont think i will go wrong with either

http://www.eberlestock.com/ERB%20Dynamite%20Drag%20Bag.htm

any recomendations...

Re: Drag Bag Eberlestock or Tac-Op

The thing I like about the Eberlstock is the ability to remove the side pockets and either carry it lighter/slimmer or stick the whole thing in a Pelican if needed.

If you use the side pockets, get the Tac-Ops.

I like this

MRB%20in%20iM3300%20sm.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The thing I like about the Eberlstock is the ability to remove the side pockets and either carry it lighter/slimmer or stick the whole thing in a Pelican if needed.

If you use the side pockets, get the Tac-Ops. </div></div>

don't forget the detachable backpack straps
wink.gif

Will the Tac Ops fit in to a standard 53" airline acceptable rolling hard case?

I have several top quality drag bags and I think Tac Ops is the best one out there.

If you are thinking of loading the tac ops bag with all your gear and then placing it in a hard case I doubt it will fit inside. it will be too fat. The Tac Ops bag will hold an enormous amount of gear with all the inside and outside pockets.

Possibly it would fit if it is empty and folded flat and you remove most of the foam liners that your hard case will have.
I also use a factory AI hard case which will not fit a drag bag inside. I pack the drag bag in an extra parachute duffel type bag that I check.
Gary

The TacOps bags are very well thought out. I have a few of them and they have the perfect organizational set up. You can throw it in a Pelican or Starlight case so long as the foam is pulled out.