• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Drag bag functionality in reality???

rdscottt

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2009
Dallas TX
Bear with me here....I want to know if other military snipers actually use a drag bag on stalks. The reason I ask is because I think they are not really applicable to todays battlefield (not like Im doing stalks in A-stan, but you know what I mean). The only time I ever used a drag bag was in sniper school. Other than that, I carried the rifle or put it in my Eberlestock. I would still carry the rifle it that way on a practice or graded stalk until I got to the ORP, then unsheath it and continue to my FFP. I am just wondering if others do the same thing or am I missing something. Plus...not having one means just less weight I have to carry. Thanks in advance

Re: Drag bag functionality in reality???

The only time I ever used one was in school. After that I used a modidied ruck that I had made for me.

I am not a sniper or ever will be. I am a competitive shooter in NRA long range F-TR. I just bought one from a member here because I thought it would be much lighter than my hard case, and I could keep my books and other misc. all in one spot.

I don't have one but a friend does, and it doubles as a shooting mat. Knowing the friend, I'm fairly sure it's been used for its original purpose as well.

Greg

inline wiht Greg above, most "drag bags" now are just doubling as shooting mats and store all the stuff you need.

In 2 deployments I have never used a drag bag or known anyone in any of my sections to do so other than the stalking lanes at school. Not to say no one does.