• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Drag Bags again

Muskox

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2011
Sucky Kentucky
I have owned about 5 different kinds of drag bags, the other day I saw a Plat=Attack from a company here in Australia. Nice looking bag, but shitty zippers.

Condor is nice, and nice zippers, but they went from being $65 to being $200. Bastards!

Blackhawk dropped in price from $350 to $175, but they aren't as nice as the Condor.

The chinese ones suck!

What are you using, and why do you like it.

Looking for these 3 qualities:

1. Holds 1 or 2 bolt action sniper rifles with a 26 to 28 inch barrel very well. Not half ass like the Blackhawk does.

2. Cordura 1000 material and a color other than ARPAT. Brown, green, black, whatever.

3. YKK Zippers. Accept no substitute.

Re: Drag Bags again

After running a Eagle and Blackhawk for a while, I decided to nut up and get a Eberlstock, the external removable pouches give you lots of storage and the back pack straps make packing easy.

Kirk R

I use a Eagle HSRC. The thing is huge and since it folds into thirds 2 rifles can be segregated in this bag. A friend of mine has a TRG42 with a 27" barrel and it does not fit in the standard HSRC, however, Triad Tactical sells the extra long HSRC which is 6 inches longer which may fit your rifles but is out of stock at the moment. The extra long HSRC should meet all your needs.

I had a Eagle DB I traded it for HSRC, I love the HSRC it's everything I need, earlier this year I got a smoking deal on a TacOps MC DB, I really like this DB, my plan was to flip it for a profit but decided I liked it and kept it

Tac Ops for traditional drag bag, Eberlstock for backback with rifle pouch. Both companies deliver product exhibiting excellent quality, fantastic ergonometrics, and multiple storage pouches.

Just ordered a Eberlstock Phantom, if you decide to go that route Ceylonc on the hide here is great to deal with!

I have a Tac-Ops - excellent construction and literally almost "bullet proof". There may be a "group buy" still active.

If Eberlestock had been making one at the time I was looking, I would have considered it because of the removeable outside pouches. See ceylonc (hide vendor) for all your Eberlestock purchases - great guy to deal with.

Kevin

Tac Ops is undoubtedly the best pure drag bag I have seen. Mike and his crew is first rate also and pleasure to deal with. The only reason I don't have one is because I like my Eberlstock pack better then a drag.

TacOps drag bags are definitely worth a look. Top notch product all the way around. Check the group buy section of the forum. I believe there are still OD and Coyote bags still up for grabs.