• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dream NRL22/Rimfire PRS rifle build?

It's definitely not the norm, but we've shot at 1/2 moa KYL/TYL sticks in several stages.

Oddball stages aside, my point is, 80+% 1/2moa 22LR rifles do not exist, or are in the EXTREME (and I hate that word) minority.

Agree, though in a match they never really do 1/2 moa targets so it's not a concern. I'd say I'm pretty much sure 99% of my misses are me in NRL22 when I'm shooting Center-X.

This. And while 1911shootist is right that 1/2moa stages are the minority, most people who shoot the match well don’t struggle with that stage.

furthermore, I don’t think a 6x5 is cherry picking. The difference between 5 and 10 round groups is substantial both in rifle and in rifleman. At times it can be difficult to say which is at fault.

Reactions: littlepod
It's definitely not the norm, but we've shot at 1/2 moa KYL/TYL sticks in several stages.

Oddball stages aside, my point is, 80+% 1/2moa 22LR rifles do not exist, or are in the EXTREME (and I hate that word) minority.

I used to think that the 1/4" KYL/TYL at 50 yards with 1/2 moa, but thinking about the size of the bullet and you just need to hit the steel, not center hit the steel. You get .25" + .1" on either side of it as area to hit. So really you're shooting at a .45" target at 50 yards, which is about 1 MOA.

Agree on 10 round groups versus 5 round groups. A pretty big difference. 10 round groups at 50 yards, I'd say the average with good ammo is around .4". Again it'll hit everything a NRL22/PRS stage will throw at you.

I used to think that the 1/4" KYL/TYL at 50 yards with 1/2 moa, but thinking about the size of the bullet and you just need to hit the steel, not center hit the steel. You get .25" + .1" on either side of it as area to hit. So really you're shooting at a .45" target at 50 yards, which is about 1 MOA.

Agree on 10 round groups versus 5 round groups. A pretty big difference. 10 round groups at 50 yards, I'd say the average with good ammo is around .4". Again it'll hit everything a NRL22/PRS stage will throw at you.

exactly which is what this thread is about. For my purposes, that is plenty accurate.

I’m actually looking at building a 22LR. I’ll most likely go with Vudoo but my biggest issue I’m having is deciding on a composite stock (Manners, McMillian, Grayboe, etc) or a precision chassis (XLR Envy Pro, MPA, MDT, etc). I can’t get behind all of them so how does one make a decision without being able to get behind all of them? I’m kinda leaning towards the precision chassis due to not having to worry about bedding, a full arca rail, and just overall available options.... but again, I would really appreciate some insight....
My plans for such rifle are to shoot paper, steel, possibly NRL22 matches, have fun, etc. I want a SHOOTER!
Please help! Thanks!

I’m actually looking at building a 22LR. I’ll most likely go with Vudoo but my biggest issue I’m having is deciding on a composite stock (Manners, McMillian, Grayboe, etc) or a precision chassis (XLR Envy Pro, MPA, MDT, etc). I can’t get behind all of them so how does one make a decision without being able to get behind all of them? I’m kinda leaning towards the precision chassis due to not having to worry about bedding, a full arca rail, and just overall available options.... but again, I would really appreciate some insight....
My plans for such rifle are to shoot paper, steel, possibly NRL22 matches, have fun, etc. I want a SHOOTER!
Please help! Thanks!
If you haven't already, go to as many matches as you can and get behind other people's set ups. From my experience, people are super friendly and are willing to share their experience and insight on their setups and why they chose what they're running.

If you haven't already, go to as many matches as you can and get behind other people's set ups. From my experience, people are super friendly and are willing to share their experience and insight on their setups and why they chose what they're running.
So currently I have mine in a MDT XRS that I had laying around while I wait for my ACC to arrive. Went this way as my Centerfire Comp gun is in an ACC. It does mean that the Voddoo will end up pretty heavy, which in this case is what I want. If however I wanted to use it stand alone and not as a trainer I would be pretty temped to just leave it in the XRS or put it in a quality stock.

Reactions: nakoa01
Why not buy the vudoo action and drop it in a krg bravo and then go to matches and run it for a season. After a season you'll get a chance to feel other people stuff and you'll determine what you want. Plus bravo sell fast on the used market and if you decide you want a whiskey 3 or an xray you can move the spigot and other accessories over to the new chassis.

Last edited:
I started with a Vudoo barreled action from a member here and being in a rush to shoot it, I dropped it into a XLR Carbon with a Viper PST (Gen 1). It shot well but the balance was extremely butt heavy. Wanted to get it to more closely resemble my centerfire rifle so it now sits like this. In reading through most threads one would think you need to have a 22" MTU contour to get great balance but it would appear not

Action : Vudoo V-22 (6 x 5 posted)
Barrel: Ace 16.5" Kukri Contour - Surefire Ryder 22S Suppressor
Stock: Manners T4-A Team Elite Fill - Mini Chassis (Gen 2)
Scope: Viper PST 5-25x50 (Gen 2)
Trigger: Timney 2 Stage (8oz / 8oz)
Arca Rail: Area 419 12" Arcalock
Bipod: Ckyepod w/Gray Ops adapter / Area 419 Clamp
Weight: 13lbs 14oz (As pictured)

IMG_1466.jpg

Dream rifle? Maybe not, but once I upgrade to a NX8 it will match my centerfire and is way more fun to shoot than I ever imagined. :cool:

Reactions: MX762 and z28kid
I started with a Vudoo barreled action from a member here and being in a rush to shoot it, I dropped it into a XLR Carbon with a Viper PST (Gen 1). It shot well but the balance was extremely butt heavy. Wanted to get it to more closely resemble my centerfire rifle so it now sits like this. In reading through most threads one would think you need to have a 22" MTU contour to get great balance but it would appear not

Action : Vudoo V-22 (6 x 5 posted)
Barrel: Ace 16.5" Kukri Contour - Surefire Ryder 22S Suppressor
Stock: Manners T4-A Team Elite Fill - Mini Chassis (Gen 2)
Scope: Viper PST 5-25x50 (Gen 2)
Trigger: Timney 2 Stage (8oz / 8oz)
Arca Rail: Area 419 12" Arcalock
Bipod: Ckyepod w/Gray Ops adapter / Area 419 Clamp
Weight: 13lbs 14oz (As pictured)

View attachment 7574946

Dream rifle? Maybe not, but once I upgrade to a NX8 it will match my centerfire and is way more fun to shoot than I ever imagined. :cool:

You need a 22" MTU to balance it if you're planning on not running the 1.5lb ckye pod up front to get that front weight. You also have another 6oz suppressor on there giving you a good deal of forward weight too. For those not running a suppressor or requiring a bipod for balance, then yeh a 22" kukri or mtu works well.

Nice looking setup.

Somebody at my local club showed-up with a Vudoo action placed into a dark distressed Foundation stock. That was easily one of the prettiest rifles I've ever seen. Currently, I'm putting the finishing touches on a Vudoo mounted in an American Rifle Company Xylo. Total overkill, but I decided to treat myself for Christmas. The Xylo seems to straddle the best of the stock vs. chassis debate IMHO, and considering all you get, the price is good (ARCA rail built in, no need for bottom metal, etc.). FWIW it has an 18" Kukri and even with a bipod and suppressor mounted, it still needs a bit more weight up front to balance.

Reactions: Badjujuu
Somebody at my local club showed-up with a Vudoo action placed into a dark distressed Foundation stock. That was easily one of the prettiest rifles I've ever seen. Currently, I'm putting the finishing touches on a Vudoo mounted in an American Rifle Company Xylo. Total overkill, but I decided to treat myself for Christmas. The Xylo seems to straddle the best of the stock vs. chassis debate IMHO, and considering all you get, the price is good (ARCA rail built in, no need for bottom metal, etc.). FWIW it has an 18" Kukri and even with a bipod and suppressor mounted, it still needs a bit more weight up front to balance.

Xylo is pretty. It took me 2 forward internals and a forward external weight and a 22" barrel to balance it.

6x5's are a great test, but we can cherry pick those results. We can't cherry pick on match day. Go straight into the next 10 x 10 shot groups, and we'd be hard pressed to find any 22LR capable of pulling 1/2 moa at 50 yards even 80% of the time.

What our guns can do on their best day is one thing, what they do on average day is another, but what they do on their worst day is what counts in a match when one errant miss can cost you the overall win.
I’ve found 5 round rimfire groups do not tell me the true story. Even shooting 5 round groups and overlaying 2 or 3 of them often shows a very different picture than many owners want to admit.

IMG_20220122_163513_998.jpg

Know the feeling.... They're "majestic" lol

22" MTU V22 in Foundation Centurion.

Yes, i know......the bolt is on the wrong side 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Vinnie45ACP
Industry seriously needs to make each chassis Ambi, like Envy Pro.

That's why I picked up the centurion from SH, it was left handed, rem700 fit (not exactly perfect for Vudoo but works) and beautiful....and not waiting months to get one.

I went with an Izhmash Biathalon in an ARS chassis with an SWFA 3-15 DM reticle scope. Really fast, smooth and accurate. I just have to learn to shoot from all the weird positions, can't blame the gun. To me it's my idea of an ultimate setup.

Very much a fan of this action series, have shot NRL22 with a factory sporter, but would love to try a SV-99 type position stock!

Reactions: Topstrap
Yeah - just put 1.5 lbs in the front and it's still not quite there...

How far in front are you trying to balance it? Are you running a barricade stop or just pushing right into the magazine? Since there's no issue pushing on the mag, just push the mag into the support bag, should balance fine. I do have the arca spigot on mine too.

Vudoo 360
30moa base
22in Bartlein stainless, mtu, wrought iron fluted threaded.
TT diamond flat single stage 10oz
Foundation centurion dark distressed
Hawkins bottom metal with extended mag latch
Foundation arca rail

This is my next build

Reactions: Badjujuu
Current-
V22 360, atlas bt10 v8, mpa hybrid, strike eagle, xtr rings

Dream- as above plus- mpa ba comp,
NF 7-35 atacr

Attachments

• 20220207_113156.jpg
    20220207_113156.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 65
Mounted matching strike eagle 5 to 25s on them. Shortly after this pic. Son and i both getting into nrl22

Attachments

• 20220210_200844.jpg
    20220210_200844.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: camocorvette
Rimx, Proof 20” comp contour, PRS 1 with weight, Kahles 525i, TT diamond- except for barrel length and stock (changed to TCS), this is identical to my comp gun.

67518AAE-9339-4BCB-9EC0-032E8F3C5E64.jpeg

I'm curious what people are thinking about in terms of their dream NRL22/Rimfire PRS build.

Generally accuracy of 1/2 moa at 50, 2/3 moa at 100, looks like the V22 will do that.

Barrel:
16 vs 18 vs 20" barrel. I believe no velocity gains after 16? Some people think the longer you spin it the better, not sure what Vudoo thinks is optimal. Shorter the better to get in and out of barricades.

Chassis:
ACC: Too long for anything shorter than a 20" build. If I go 16/18" I'll need a new chassis. I really love my ACC chassis, except it is a bit butt heavy. I wish I could get a lighter buttstock - I've already replaced the steel buttpad with an aluminum version to reduce 1/2lb, but it's still butt heavy with my current 20" bull barrel, so if I go something like a 16/18" kukri contour it's going to be even more butt heavy.

I guess I should go with the MPA comp chassis - but I do like MDT's vert grip more than MPA's grip, so I could just easily swap grips. Other alternatives is some of MDT's other offerings, maybe the ESS - the little hand plate could be nice for the offhand stages, but I lose all the weight configurability. And they all share the same buttstock so it's still going to be rather butt heavy.

Scope:
Been happy with my Ares ETR 4.5-30x56. Have been eyeing the ZCO 5-27 MPCT2.

Overall Weight:
What do people generally go with? A lot of people like things lighter, but I've noticed now running a 13lb rifle compared to my old 10lber that I'm a lot more steady with the 13lber. This would also affect me choosing a Kukri vs MTU barrel profile from Vudoo too.
The vudoo with a 20" barrel,(mtu) a forend weight kit, atlas bipod, and a mpa comp chassis will still be ass heavy. Its pretty close to balancing right in front of the mag

have a new 22 build in the works for this season.

- ultimatum deuce
- ibi 1:12 twist and a KS 1:10 twist both competition/mtu contours at 22”
- diamond flat shoe
- mdt acc
- apex rival optic 4-32

Current set up;

Have since had to drop the heavy bag rider, and add weight up front. Vudoo v22 20” mtu

FF8E61BB-C199-4A2A-BDA6-CF3BCF80722A.jpeg

I get the Vuddo, RimX, etc are all the rage with the cool kids, but I love my Tikka after some teething issues. And as a bonus, my factory barrel is much less picky than my shooting buddies IBI barreled T1X. Both in Bravos, both more accurate than us, but hella fun!

B2IV5Az.jpg

Reactions: littlepod
I’ve achieved my dream

Rim-x
TS Customs barrel with Tuner
XLR Envy Pro with JV Kit
TT Diamond
NF ATACR 7-35
ARC M-Brace 1 piece mount
Flat Line Ops Halo Level
Atlas Cal Bipod
(3) mags with +5 extensions