• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dream rifle just arrived...

Intensefab

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2012
Columbia, Tennessee
My dream rifle just arrived

Surgeon Scapel .308 with McMillan stock in woodland camp.

Waited a long time but surgeon finally got her done!!

Attachments

• IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 14
My dream rifle just arrived

Surgeon Scapel .308 with McMillan stock in woodland camp.

Waited a long time but surgeon finally got her done!!

My friend owns a .308 Surgeon Scalpel exactly like that one. It handles great and shoots bugholes. I didn't want to return it to him after taking it out for a spin at the range. :)

Congrats on yours!!!!

Congrats on your new rifle! Mine isn't Surgeon built, but it is built around their 591 action. Absolutely love it.

My friend owns a .308 Surgeon Scalpel exactly like that one. It handles great and shoots bugholes. I didn't want to return it to him after taking it out for a spin at the range. :)

Congrats on yours!!!!

Congratulations to the OP. You will be pleased with your Scalpel. Of the precision rifles I currently own, Surgeon Scalpels are my favorite and most accurate. I currently own three Scalpels (6.5 CM AI 2.0 chassis, 6.5 CM McM A5, and a 7WSM AI 2.0 chassis) and they all shoot one ragged hole and they do that with many different loading combinations. I am currently looking to purchase a 6mm (6XC, 6CM, .243, etc.). If a new Surgeon Scalpel were to be available in a 6mm variant, I would buy immediately.

Josh

Finally got a chance to run some ammo down range with her today...

I think the damn thing is broken, five shots one hole at 100y. Only got her out to 300 today, but was easily sub moa at 300y.
She really seemed to like 175g pills with 44g varget, also liked 168g pills with 40.3g 8208xbr.

Think I'm gonna have to keep her!!

Hope to get her out to 1000 this weekend!

Wow nice rifle. You have great taste! I think we have twins. I love mine as well. Got her in 2009. This is such a classic great rifle. I have only fired Sierra 175 HPBT from Black Hills and SW ammo match ammo. Performance very similar to yours. I have to start reloading one day. What break did you get on it? I have the SureFire break and suppressor. Enjoy and lets see some more pix. Thanks.

262xytc.jpg

34o37rk.jpg

MMMMMMMM nice rifle and that color pattern is my favorite, my 308 Surgeon Scalpel is being delivered tomorrow(TGIF) and has the same stock/camo pattern, I can't friggin wait and might not sleep good tonight:) I'm taking Monday off just to shoot all day long, got to go to a damn play out of town Saturday with the wife:(

Last edited:
So think I finally found a load the Surgeon Scapel is happy with...

Lapua brass
Berger 168g VLD Match
CCI BR2
41.3g IMR 8208xbr

10 shot string of 1.136 at 300 yards with 3 flyers...my fault!

Attachments

• IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 19
That rifle looks terrible! Send it to me postage paid and I will dispose of it free of charge! Nice stick, totally jealous!