• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Drones casing property/tresspassing- peeping drone

I'm not the one who has it backwards and wrong, and yes I have had someone charged and convicted of trespassing with a drone. he was given a warning by the police chief the first time but was too stupid to listen. what I stated earlier is a fact. If you want to fly your drone over 400 ft then it has to be registered with ffa and follow all there regs.
The ffa ruled a long time ago that all private property owners own the airspace over there property up to 500 ft. there is a 500ft ceiling for helicopters and 400 ft ceiling for airplanes. So if your flying around and HARASSING someone with your drone over there property and less than 400 ft then you ARE trespassing.
Believe what you want and if you don't then bring your drone to my property and see how fast I have the local law enforcement serving you a warrant.
Now i will emphasize the fact that doing a simple fly over at 300 ft verses hovering around (harassing) at 20 ft around buildings , is two TOTALLY DIFFERENT different things.
And yes when you go to court you are going to need a hell of lot of documentation (not arguinging that).
Yes your right you cant just shoot down a plane with people in it , but at the same time someone can't just show up with a helicopter at your property hovering around at 100ft.

You're wrong on the height numbers for aircraft. https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...re/media/FAA_Guide_to_Low-Flying_Aircraft.pdf

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Went to the park with a couple of friends and their kit drones one day. First one up and flying, fun. Second guy turns on his controller, oops same channel as the other one, which then fell out of the sky. I assume more sophisticated radios/protocols exist. But the cheap stuff seems really fragile, just sayin’.

I am surprised that the second amendment supporters on this site are not more supportive of property and privacy rights. Folks who steal your privacy are in the same class as those who want to steal your guns.

Just think of it as a drone buyback. ?

Is your drone a human ? Or a simple reconnaissance device utilized to plan crimes?

I am surprised that the second amendment supporters on this site are not more supportive of property and privacy rights. Folks who steal your privacy are in the same class as those who want to steal your guns.

Just think of it as a drone buyback. ?

But I can legally fly a cessna 172 over your property and take all the photos I want with a nice camera and telephoto lens, all perfectly legal. If you're out in the country I can do it below 1000 feet too. :)

Yes, but if you annoy me I can meet you at the local airport and discourage you from doing so. I have done it. It did not happen again.

Reactions: deersniper
Yes, but if you annoy me I can meet you at the local airport and discourage you from doing so. I have done it. It did not happen again.

Hahahahaha, and I'd tell you the same thing I've told others many times over the last 30 years working as a photographer. I'm doing everything legally, sorry you're unhappy. I'd probably do it again just for fun. :)

I was working in this exact area just last month. Other than farmland, and these small towns, there's not much out there. All the AF missile solos are much farther West, and there is a Wind farm North of Haxtun, and possibly on the Nebraska side of the border. So I'm guessing this Drone thing may be Ag related? One thing that was odd, North of Paoli, there was some huge brightly lit facility. Was going to ask one of the locals what that was about, but forgot.

IMG_20191107_124013891.jpg

It could very likely be a LiDAR mapping operation?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jefe's Dope

I was working in this exact area just last month. Other than farmland, and these small towns, there's not much out there. All the AF missile solos are much farther West, and there is a Wind farm North of Haxtun, and possibly on the Nebraska side of the border. So I'm guessing this Drone thing may be Ag related? One thing that was odd, North of Paoli, there was some huge brightly lit facility. Was going to ask one of the locals what that was about, but forgot.

View attachment 7208693

It could very likely be a LiDAR mapping operation?

So, actual drones. Not quadcopters. :geek:

• Haha
Reactions: lash
Just read about those, suspicious need checked out for intent.

However not stopping to peak into windows so may not need shot down.

B
Just read about those, suspicious need checked out for intent.

However not stopping to peak into windows so may not need shot down.

Because a quad copter would need to be within a few feet of a window to see much with their wide angle lenses.

The ffa ruled a long time ago that all private property owners own the airspace over there property up to 500 ft. there is a 500ft ceiling for helicopters and 400 ft ceiling for airplanes.

I believe you, but I need the official FAA web link to that specific "ceiling" aspect of the ruling, so I can give it to my Sheriff. Thanks.

ya my English teacher sucked , but probably hasn't sucked near as many as you have.
Like I said believe what you want , I don't need to argue, as I have had first hand experience with what someone can and can't do with a drone on your property . I will leave you with an open invitation to bring a drone to my neck of the woods and fly around on private property out here . it's a very small town and our law enforcement is extremely board out of there mind and would love to spend some time with you !
I’m a hobbyist drone pilot, and I’m sorry, but you’re wrong. FAA regs require all drones over 250grams to be registered with the FAA. I cannot fly more that 400’ within 400’ of a structure. Meaning if I’m 400’ from an 800’ antenna, I can fly to 1200’, inside that 400’ radius.
There is no way local legal told the guy you charged he had to be 500’ above your house. They likely told him to stay 500’ AWAY from your house.

Last edited:
Reactions: NewsShooter
Except, a drone isn’t defined as “low flying aircraft. There’s an entire section of FAA regulations that pertain explicitly to drones. You should read them instead.

Like this one that says you can't fly at 1200 AGL,

Fly your drone at or below 400 feet when in uncontrolled or "Class G" airspace. This is airspace where the FAA is not controlling manned air traffic. To determine what type of airspace you are in, refer to the mobile application that operates your drone (if so equipped) and/or use other drone-related mobile applications. Knowing your location and what airspace you're in will also help you avoid interfering with other aircraft.

Here's a link to a law firm blog that is pretty clear. http://lawfirmcarolinas.com/blog/airspace-rights-and-property-owners/

You are allowed to go over 400' IF you need to go OVER an obstacle, such as a large high rise building. Specifically "commercial licensed" drone operators. And while a "commercial licensed" drone operator may NOT fly at night, an unlicensed operator has no such restrictions.

Reactions: Downtown
So, if a person were to have (or be building) replica model catapults, trebuchets and other 'fun toys' and their yard being an obvious "testing ground" for said enjoyment, then what said landowner is doing on their own land is perfectly fine. Even to include 'model rocketry' and the like. Therefore, it seems to me that if said landowner is "doing their own thing" on their own land and someone else's "flying veHIcle contraption" were to 'get in the way of' said landowners previous and current endeavour,,, then it is up to the owner of the 'flying veHIcle contraption' to provide redress to the landowner for impeding in their own personal, private endeavors on their own personal, private land.

NO?

Buy a cheap drone and kamikaze their drone. Who can prove who is at fault. Or hang some string below yours to entangle theirs.

Blast it with a paintball gun to mask the camera.

Not sure of legalities on your own property but maybe have a cell signal blocker because a lot of long range drones use the cell signal to operate.

You are allowed to go over 400' IF you need to go OVER an obstacle, such as a large high rise building. Specifically "commercial licensed" drone operators. And while a "commercial licensed" drone operator may NOT fly at night, an unlicensed operator has no such restrictions.

General rule of thumb is 400 feet, there's also line of site exemptions as well. BNSF railroad uses everything from Phantoms to this, https://www.bnsf.com/news-media/railtalk/safety/bnsf-drone.html

You’re allowed to be 400’ above the highest object, within a 400’ radius from said object.

"who cares' is the proper mentality to getting yourself in trouble.

Game wardens are flying drones now over property and I just happened to speak to a kid today who's dad shot down a drone while duck hunting. $3,500 later...
The founding fathers would have shot more than just the drone. M

Why do we even have a constitution anymore. 4th amendment?