• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Drop the knife

If rather than protect their brothers/sisters in blue simply because they wear the uniform or they’re members of the union or whatever, the good cops would police their own ranks, maybe the public would have a better opinion of them.

Reactions: TurboTrout
Just illustrates the mental health crisis our country is facing....imo, anyways.

Sad, really.

Come on man...

Real authority requires respect of that authority. You can't refuse a lawful order, flee and then kick police officers without expecting to take a ride on the pain train. What kind of precedent does that set? Who gets a pass and who gets a beating? When someone does get a beating, how does that play out in court? Do they have a defense in an otherwise open and shut case on the grounds that the officer has displayed a history of bias for or against certain groups?

Glad that lady is OK and I hope she learned a valuable lesson.

There are no heroes or victims here.
There’s an idiot who just decided he’s gonna make an example of an old lady, so even when she says she’ll sign it he takes it all the way. Retarded. Everything that happened is because he kept escalating instead of missing every opportunity to deescalate.

She’s a fucking retard 100%, but she’s about as dangerous as a mouse. Officer fucking hero.

The drunk guy was belligerent and could have complied to begin with. However, the electric shock has a stunning and bewildering effect on people.

I've been shocked by electrical equipment before which is the equivalent of getting tased. That's why you won't see me volunteering to get tased. Been there, done that and got the t-shirt.

So I can say, with some experience, how one initially feels when shocked like that.

So on one hand, the cop had no choice but to taser this guy, but once tased he now has to deal with someone that would be even further disoriented, bewildered and not able to understand some commands.

So given that change in dynamics (after tasing), does the officer have any other choice but the "verbal loop" and repeated shocks to get the suspect to comply?

Not trying to argue with you but really want to know more.

There is no “stunning and bewildering effect” after the 5-second TASER ride is over.

I got tased back when my department’s policy said I had to in order to carry one. Liability informed departments have removed this requirement now, since it’s been determined that govt insurance carriers will not pay out in the event of an unintended injury/Workman’s Comp from a mandated application.

My exposure was videotaped, and instructions were given for me to get back to my feet ASAP after the TASER stops cycling for exactly that reason; to prove that it does not incapacitate or “stun” you after the pulse stops. I was on my feet less than 1 second after the TASER stopped cycling. I could absolutely have started fighting immediately (though I’d have had no desire to before hurrying to remove those damned barbs so I couldn’t be shocked again).

It’s entirely a pain response and muscular lockup for immobilization (neuromuscular incapacitation, or NMI). We’re trained to “cuff under power” if you gain effective NMI. I’ve been shocked twice through secondary contact with live wires while taking someone into custody since that exposure and, while not pleasant, the pain is not that bad.

The TASER is a great tool, but, like Sex Panther; 60% of the time it works every time. Martial arts like BJJ and LE-focused ground fighting skills are far more helpful to officers in most every situation except the title video (subject has a weapon, and close contact is not an option).

To summarize, A TASER application is nothing like catching a 120 hot wire while remodeling your kitchen.
Trust me…I’ve been there too…

There is no “stunning and bewildering effect” after the 5-second TASER ride is over.

I got tased back when my department’s policy said I had to in order to carry one. Liability informed departments have removed this requirement now, since it’s been determined that govt insurance carriers will not pay out in the event of an unintended injury/Workman’s Comp from a mandated application.

My exposure was videotaped, and instructions were given for me to get back to my feet ASAP after the TASER stops cycling for exactly that reason; to prove that it does not incapacitate or “stun” you after the pulse stops. I was on my feet less than 1 second after the TASER stopped cycling. I could absolutely have started fighting immediately (though I’d have had no desire to before hurrying to remove those damned barbs so I couldn’t be shocked again).

It’s entirely a pain response and muscular lockup for immobilization (neuromuscular incapacitation, or NMI). We’re trained to “cuff under power” if you gain effective NMI. I’ve been shocked twice through secondary contact with live wires while taking someone into custody since that exposure and, while not pleasant, the pain is not that bad.

The TASER is a great tool, but, like Sex Panther; 60% of the time it works every time. Martial arts like BJJ and LE-focused ground fighting skills are far more helpful to officers in most every situation except the title video (subject has a weapon, and close contact is not an option).

To summarize, A TASER application is nothing like catching a 120 hot wire while remodeling your kitchen.
Trust me…I’ve been there too…

Thanks for the clarification. I was zapped by a transformer on a television set I was repairing in the 70s.

It definitely stunned me. I was bewildered for a few seconds. My eyes rolled around to look at the brain matter in the back of my head.

I never forgot to ground myself after that and because of it will never volunteer to get tased.

Oh well, that was the most pain I’d ever experienced until I got married.

Reactions: Anb618