• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Drop the knife

Oh the stories, I’d still rather be tazed than pepper sprayed. LOL

When I got pepper sprayed, I was totally fine during the training scenario. Fought off the "red man"(as we called him) in pads for the required time. Got my non-gun out, drew down and all clear. The second I splashed water on my face......BOOM! 🥵 That sucked.....

Reactions: Bender
Good thing she fell backwards...that would have been some mass going forward.

Marion County has the best PD videos - they had the one with the police K9 that wouldn't let go of the suspects nuts too.

And the best police cars: (Hellcats)

That chick was bat shit crazy. Cops performed flawlessly. Have to admit kind of had to laugh an little when she went flat and smacked the clothes rack.

I disagree, slightly. He did well, kept his cool and was firm. Check. (y) However, he was very repetitive. There was command, but no consequence. Ex: Drop the knife, or you'll be shot. You gotta have command with a consequence.

There's other methods to use as well. We call it LEAPS. Listen, Empathize, Ask, Paraphrase & Summarize. It could've gone: Why do you have a knife out? What are you trying to do? Why are you holding the knife like that? Get them to talk, if they have the mental capacity to do so. Then, command & consequence. Drop the knife or you may be shot. If you're being repetitive, it does very little without a consequence tied in.

Last edited:
What is missing is gunfire between the words Drop (BANG) The Knife .

Reactions: 308pirate
This thread is too much fun. May I contribute some videos?

Bonus story below:

taser-story-1.jpg

If you're being repetitive, it does very little without a consequence tied in.
You have to give them a chance to process.. especially if using lethal force. That cop in Fort Worth yelled "drop the gun" and shot her through the window about .15 seconds later.
Turned out she/homeowner thought it was a prowler in her back yard and was holding her own gun in her bedroom. Cop was convicted in her death.

Is it me, or do her legs look disproportionately skinny relative to her upper body?

I disagree, slightly. He did well, kept his cool and was firm. Check. (y) However, he was very repetitive. There was command, but no consequence. Ex: Drop the knife, or you'll be shot. You gotta have command with a consequence.

There's other methods to use as well. We call it LEAPS. Listen, Empathize, Ask, Paraphrase & Summarize. It could've gone: Why are you do you have a knife out? What are you trying to do? Why are you holding the knife? Get them to talk, if they have the mental capacity to do so. Then, command & consequence. Drop the knife or you may be shot. If you're being repetitive, it does very little without a consequence tied in.
He might not have used leaps, but at least he didn't make the news for shooting a clearly either mentally ill and that includes drug induced phycosis women. He had the presents of mind to switch to a less lethal weapon and subdued the women. Gets an A in my book.

This thread is too much fun. May I contribute some videos?

Bonus story below:

taser-story-1.jpg

In that first one the cop is an escalating douchebag. What he did was perfectly legal, but it shows a that he has terrible judgement and he couldn't have a worse temperament for the job. Those are the "officers" who are not actually "officers" but rule follower/orders takers, and have no business in the job. This is the kind of cop would would gladly come to your house, demand all your guns, and murder your family when you told him to fuckoff, and he would feel righteous doing it.

Totally lost his cool with an old lady and escalated because he's a tiny dick douchebag. I would hate to see how that faggot did in an actual city with actual crime and actually dangerous people. He would last about ten minutes against anyone but a grandmother. Classic bully with a badge.

Yes, the old lady was dumb as fuck and should not have argued, but where he took it shows he isn't fit for service. Some people aren't. I'd kick his ass off the force immediately.

In that first one the cop is an escalating douchebag. What he did was perfectly legal, but it shows a that he has terrible judgement and he couldn't have a worse temperament for the job. Those are the "officers" who are not actually "officers" but rule follower/orders takers, and have no business in the job. This is the kind of cop would would gladly come to your house, demand all your guns, and murder your family when you told him to fuckoff, and he would feel righteous doing it.

Totally lost his cool with an old lady and escalated because he's a tiny dick douchebag. I would hate to see how that faggot did in an actual city with actual crime and actually dangerous people. He would last about ten minutes against anyone but a grandmother. Classic bully with a badge.

Yes, the old lady was dumb as fuck and should not have argued, but where he took it shows he isn't fit for service. Some people aren't. I'd kick his ass off the force immediately.
Come on man...

Real authority requires respect of that authority. You can't refuse a lawful order, flee and then kick police officers without expecting to take a ride on the pain train. What kind of precedent does that set? Who gets a pass and who gets a beating? When someone does get a beating, how does that play out in court? Do they have a defense in an otherwise open and shut case on the grounds that the officer has displayed a history of bias for or against certain groups?

Glad that lady is OK and I hope she learned a valuable lesson.

There are no heroes or victims here.

I'm not a cop and won't pretend to know everything about traffic stops. With that said, the only thing that I detected from a citizen's point of view is that he didn't explain why she needed to sign the ticket.

I've been cited for speeding before. Sometimes, I got a ticket and others I got a warning.

When a person is issued a ticket, their signature basically says that they promise to show up for the hearing. They are not admitting guilt by signing the ticket.

They can either contest the ticket in court or pay the fine.

It didn't look like he explained that to her. It appeared to me that she was acting under the assumption that by signing the ticket that she would automatically have to pay the fine.

She was also old enough to ask if she could read what the officer asked her to sign. The text above the signature line would have indicated that by signing the ticket, she promised to show up for court.

She was also acting with an attitude of "I'm an old lady and you can't give me a ticket." She also came off with the lame-ass excuse that "I'm a country girl," when the officer asked her why she resisted.

We also don't see what happened from the moment that the officer pulled her over. She may have gone immediately to the full bitch mode when he asked for her license and registration.

She admitted that her vehicle had a mechanical defect which was fixable. That does, indeed, imply that she may have been driving it in an illegal condition.

If I were to hazard a guess, she probably went into full entitled bitch mode the moment the officer asked for her license and registration.

Here is the link to the Court's docket in that case. It's lengthy but looks like she entered into a plea agreement.

She was no stranger to the courts before that incident:

From 1999:

From 2007:

From 2018 (the year before the tasing incident took place):

He might not have used leaps, but at least he didn't make the news for shooting a clearly either mentally ill and that includes drug induced phycosis women. He had the presents of mind to switch to a less lethal weapon and subdued the women. Gets an A in my book.

He get a C from me

Going to non lethal should be expected in a situation like that

Having only like 10 words in his lexicon tool belt to use, frankly for how she wasn’t advancing and the situation I’d think a slightly higher intellect could have descalated the whole thing a fair bit. Also handcuffing her in her backpack, seemed like a pull the bag off before cuffs might have been a obvious choice.

But for where police have ended up over the years, no mag dumping, no randoms killed, no coverups, not violating rights left and right, in 2022 I guess that would be considered a A

Reactions: BytorJr

Had to watch this during arrest training class. Officer gets stuck in verbal loop. Suspect, "you fucking hammered me"😀

I'm not defending the suspect but, both he and the cop, can be caught in a situation of unintended consequences.

Bear with me as I don't know if I can articulate this very well and not being a cop, I would sort of like to have a little more understanding of the situation.

Dealing with drunk people can be difficult because, once inebriated, some are not in full control of their faculties and not able to understand or communicate effectively.

You mentioned the "verbal loop" that the officer got stuck in. Did he have any other choice given his training and SOPs the department required him to follow?

The drunk guy was belligerent and could have complied to begin with. However, the electric shock has a stunning and bewildering effect on people.

I've been shocked by electrical equipment before which is the equivalent of getting tased. That's why you won't see me volunteering to get tased. Been there, done that and got the t-shirt.

So I can say, with some experience, how one initially feels when shocked like that.

So on one hand, the cop had no choice but to taser this guy, but once tased he now has to deal with someone that would be even further disoriented, bewildered and not able to understand some commands.

So given that change in dynamics (after tasing), does the officer have any other choice but the "verbal loop" and repeated shocks to get the suspect to comply?

Not trying to argue with you but really want to know more.

Last edited:
Reactions: TurboTrout
He get a C from me

Going to non lethal should be expected in a situation like that

Having only like 10 words in his lexicon tool belt to use, frankly for how she wasn’t advancing and the situation I’d think a slightly higher intellect could have descalated the whole thing a fair bit. Also handcuffing her in her backpack that was who knows what in it, seemed like a pull the bag off before cuffs might have been a obvious choice.

But for where police have ended up over the years, no mag dumping, no randoms killed, no coverups, not violating rights left and right, in 2022 I guess they’d would be considered a A
Okay that is valid. Any videos of you in this situation that could show us the proper techniques and vocabulary to use? Just wondering you are basing your "grade" on experience or opinion.
Also kinda reminded me of

Haha that was an epic response.

As a fellow LEO, he could’ve brought it down a notch and got her to talk. 1) She wasn’t advancing forward. 2) No lethal intent towards others...yet. and 3) Didn't appear to be overly hostile to the officer or others nearby. He needed to use more than "Drop the knife" in his vocabulary. Again, goes back to asking questions. "Ma'am/lady, why are you holding that knife? Put the knife down and talk to me. You may be shot if you don't put the knife down" That gives the subject an opportunity to think of their next decision. I've had to draw my sidearm 4 times when dealing with narcos. So, I've been in that circumstance. Props to him for switching to less than lethal, that was his saving grace! He didn't sweep her grab area after the cuffs went on though. Back of the hand and sweep her lower back for other items. This bodycam and/or after action report would be excellent for training. Don't be too repetitive, give them a consequence of serious bodily harm if they don't comply and ask them questions to deescalate it, if they have the mental faculty to do so. :)(y)

Okay that is valid. Any videos of you in this situation that could show us the proper techniques and vocabulary to use? Just wondering you are basing your "grade" on experience or opinion.

I’m not a cop, but in a more dangerous job, as other have posted, “why do you have the knife” “what’s wrong” just making dialog like…. a human, not saying the cop should have disarmed himself, not remotely, low ready all day, but in that situation trying to talk to the person vs bark the same words like a robot, might have had a less violent outcome, now if she advances or something by all means light her up, but just saying the same few words over and over, frankly might as well replace police with these.

As a fellow LEO, he could’ve brought it down a notch and got her to talk. 1) She wasn’t advancing forward. 2) No lethal intent towards others...yet. and 3) Didn't appear to be overly hostile to the officer or others nearby. He needed to use more than "Drop the knife" in his vocabulary. Again, goes back to asking questions. "Ma'am/lady, why are you holding that knife? Put the knife down and talk to me. You may be shot if you don't put the knife down" That gives the subject an opportunity to think of their next decision. I've had to draw my sidearm 4 times when dealing with narcos. So, I've been in that circumstance. Props to him for switching to less than lethal, that was his saving grace! He didn't sweep her grab area after the cuffs went on though. Back of the hand and sweep her lower back for other items. This bodycam and/or after action report would be excellent for training. Don't be too repetitive, give them a consequence of serious bodily harm if they don't comply and ask them questions to deescalate it, if they have the mental faculty to do so. :)(y)

That

Reactions: ColinW
Good thing she fell backwards...that would have been some mass going forward.

Marion County has the best PD videos - they had the one with the police K9 that wouldn't let go of the suspects nuts too.

And the best police cars: (Hellcats)

Grady is still the man though, down in Polk county :).
Seriously though, Florida actually (for the most part) has relatively decent country departments.

They both must have had mad cow disease. I think I even saw her scrap the dirt to
As a fellow LEO, he could’ve brought it down a notch and got her to talk. 1) She wasn’t advancing forward. 2) No lethal intent towards others...yet. and 3) Didn't appear to be overly hostile to the officer or others nearby. He needed to use more than "Drop the knife" in his vocabulary. Again, goes back to asking questions. "Ma'am/lady, why are you holding that knife? Put the knife down and talk to me. You may be shot if you don't put the knife down" That gives the subject an opportunity to think of their next decision. I've had to draw my sidearm 4 times when dealing with narcos. So, I've been in that circumstance. Props to him for switching to less than lethal, that was his saving grace! This bodycam and/or after action report would be excellent for training. Don't be too repetitive, give them a consequence of serious bodily harm if they don't comply and ask them questions to deescalate it, if they have the mental faculty to do so. :)(y)
See that explanation makes sense. But what if a lady is mentally incapable of responding or maybe a newer officer? Would his action been acceptable under those circumstances? Asking since you are a LEO.
I’m not a cop, but in a more dangerous job, as other have posted, “why do you have the knife” “what’s wrong” just making dialog like…. a human, not saying the cop should have disarmed himself, not remotely, low ready all day, but in that situation trying to talk to the person vs bark the same words like a robot, might have had a less violent outcome, now if she advances or something by all means light her up, but just saying the same few words over and over, frankly might as well replace police with these.

Don't you about everyone's up bringing. But it is clear when a cop is point his weapon at me and telling me specfic command that I need to comply. Low ready or pointed at my face. Seems to me making dialog to complicated can backfire. Thanks for the cops who are willing to do this job and be Monday quarterbacked, by many. Seems like many civilians common sense or it maybeba sense of entitlement that makes them think you can brandish a weapon in a privately owned store and the officer has to have an depth conversation with you to get you to comply with a simple command. Not sure where this mentality comes from.

They both must have had mad cow disease. I think I even saw her scrap the dirt to

See that explanation makes sense. But what if a lady is mentally incapable of responding or maybe a newer officer? Would his action been acceptable under those circumstances? Asking since you are a LEO.

Don't you about everyone's up bringing. But it is clear when a cop is point his weapon at me and telling me specfic command that I need to comply. Low ready or pointed at my face. Seems to me making dialog to complicated can backfire. Thanks for the cops who are willing to do this job and be Monday quarterbacked, by many. Seems like many civilians common sense or it maybeba sense of entitlement that makes them think you can brandish a weapon in a privately owned store and the officer has to have an depth conversation with you to get you to comply with a simple command. Not sure where this mentality comes from.

Any mistake I make will 1000% be quarterbacked, and in my industry my peers eat their own and don’t play the “you don’t understand the danger” BS

If he’s incapable of even attempting to talk someone down, he should get a job in the gardening department of Home Depot.

This is fairly subjective to everyone or unit SOP’s. But, If your subject is mentally incapable of understanding what you’re saying: 1) have a partner or request backup. 2) if the subject is not showing signs of immediate danger to self or others, make yourself less intimidating. Holster your primary weapon(or switch to non-lethal) change tone of voice, lower your weapon and change your posture; understanding basic psychology can be very important in dealing with mentally unstable subjects. Don’t make them feel threatened and they *normally* won’t react in a threatening manner, but maintain safe distance for the reactionary gap(About 20+/- ft).

If subjects mental faculties aren’t firing on all cylinders and if they don’t have a weapon, then go hands on after deescalation measures. However, if a weapon is present(as was the case with Walmart lady), deescalate first(which he didn’t do very well), bring subjects elevated state down and proceed with SOP’s. Which the officer did by switching from primary to secondary/less than lethal.

It all comes down to quality of training and understanding of human psychology. If the situation warrants it, don’t become threatening by immediately drawing your primary weapon. Use other tools of the trade. Communicate. Deescalate. Immediately drawing your weapon can often escalate or accelerate the scenario, depending on the subject. Its all based on your size up and situation present.

Damn, I'd have told her twice and then I would have shocked the monkey. That's why I got out of law enforcement.

Reactions: Maggot
This is fairly subjective to everyone or unit SOP’s. But, If your subject is mentally incapable of understanding what you’re saying: 1) have a partner or request backup. 2) if the subject is not showing signs of immediate danger to self or others, make yourself less intimidating. Holster your primary weapon(or switch to non-lethal) change tone of voice, lower your weapon and change your posture; understanding basic psychology can be very important in dealing with mentally unstable subjects. Don’t make them feel threatened and they *normally* won’t react in a threatening manner, but maintain safe distance for the reactionary gap(About 20+/- ft).

If subjects mental faculties aren’t firing on all cylinders and if they don’t have a weapon, then go hands on after deescalation measures. However, if a weapon is present(as was the case with Walmart lady), deescalate first(which he didn’t do very well), bring subjects elevated state down and proceed with SOP’s. Which the officer did by switching from primary to secondary/less than lethal.

It all comes down to quality of training and understanding of human psychology. If the situation warrants it, don’t become threatening by immediately drawing your primary weapon. Use other tools of the trade. Communicate. Deescalate. Immediately drawing your weapon can often escalate or accelerate the scenario, depending on the subject. Its all based on your size up and situation present.

Yeah but what if he has a toy truck?