• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

drunken dreams

jmsvickers

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2011
Hey guys so I am a lil tipsy enjoying some good crown and started thinking about my love of the SVD and how cheap the 7.63x54r ammo is. Then I began talking to my buddy about his SKS and started thinking... "is it possible to either build or modify the SKS action to accept the larger 7.62x54 round?" and if so would it be practical? I know I cant be the only on that likes the Russian 30aught round and the Idea of a semi auto that is modern(ish) and capable of reaching out to 5-600 yards is appealing with cheap ammo, and I believe it would make a decent deer gun too. any thoughts or people that could kill this dream. I know it'll probably be too expensive and much more practical to just get a saiga in the same caliber but I think an SKS would be wicked!

Re: drunken dreams

In short; too much powder in your cartridge......Lol.

But really; everything from the gas system to the bolt assembly is not hardly capable of being converted to x54. Even if it were, you'd have spent so much money that you would have been better off just buying a real SVD, or even a cheap PSL.

Re: drunken dreams

yea the bottle is gone and so is my buzz amazing how well stuff works out in your head when your drunk! lol