• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dry, cracked hands and split fingers? Step on in.

Dishwasher…..
That's it.... Just keep eliminating one more component of the problem... A long, slow process...
Prior to the Industrial Revolution, the men who worked in the commercial hide tanning business all had soft hands. Some of the ingredients in the old hand cream evolved out of the tanning industry.

Attachments

• IMG_5888.JPG
    IMG_5888.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 47
Make focaccia by hand every other day with a serious amount of olive oil.

Actually, the Udderly stuff does the job.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Vaseline on the cuticles, after shower. O'Keefe's Working Hands throughout the day keeps my fingers from splitting in the winter time.

Bag balm and udderly smooth both work. If you are using the super glue gels to seal up splits and cracks it works well. I highly recommend a spray bottle of super glue accelerator. Makes it set up instantly so you aren't stuck for a couple mins trying to hold the splits together and likely gluing your fingers together. I'll see if I can upload a pic of it. Side note, cyanoacrylate (super glue) is neurotoxic. Try not to get it down into the cuts (why the gel is better than the liquid). I have had more than one patient think they were smart and superglue a lost crown back on their tooth and all they end up doing is killing the tooth nerve and needing a root canal afterwords.View attachment 7767532
Thanks for the pro tip on the accelerator. Waiting for it to dry is problematic.

Reactions: Ravenworks
I have used Corn Huskers for years. It's about the only thing I have ever found that didn't leave my hands feeling greasy. The company that made it sold out, and it is no longer made. I've been trying some different hand lotions/creams and can't find anything I like.

Is there any company that makes a very similar product?
that's what i've used for years, my dad used it also. Didn't know they were out of business. Glad now i bought a dozen bottles off amazon a couple years ago. I'll b a little more stingy with it. Usually give my boys a bottle every Christmas. Bag Balm works great also, we kept a can around when we were milking cows by hand for the cow's tits in the winter. Cows are gone, but we still keep some down at the barn I know we'll get some great meme's on here for that comment :)

I've been handling a lot of paper this Winter and it's drying me out even more than the usual here in dry Colorado. I have tried a couple products with some good results and found a trick, probably not a new one, that has been extremely helpful. Thought I'd share and hoped you might share your tips and tricks in regards to dry, split fingers and hands.

This is my dry hand first aid kit. The newest is the Bag Balm and while greasy/oily, it works much better than I expected. The superglue is a life saver. I use it on the splits and cracks and it keeps them from continuing to split and really help with the pain of those splits. Great for paper cuts as well.

View attachment 7767305
In late and I aint touching that one....

• Haha
Aquaphor or Super Salve. The lube up and glove/ socks at night is good preventative advice. Works great when spending weeks working in the desert, should work most other places as well.

Hands are okay generally, but one of my heels cracks and bleeds on a regular basis if I forget routine maintenance.

I have used Okeefe products and another heel lotion , but am always looking for something better! Keep up the suggestions.

My grandmother was a hairdresser in the 70s and 80s when big perms and aquanet were all the rage. Her hands would crack bad. In addition to the Bag Balm, or Udder Cream, she would put some olive oil inside rubber gloves and let her hands soak in them for half-hour or so every night. She used to swear by it.

Bag balm works great for diaper rash, used on both kids. Works great for hands, I just hate how greasy it is. Takes forever to soak in.

Eucerin and Gold Bond have paired well.

Dermatologist recommended the Eucerin for my dry cracking elbows

I just hate how greasy it is. Takes forever to soak in.
This. I've been using less and applying it differently. Instead of squirting a pile in my palm, I use the bottle tip to smear all over while slightly squeezing the bottle. This applies it to all over but limits how much and it helps tremendously with how long it takes to start handling anything you don't want all greasy. Not perfect but has helped.

Rubber gloves and a bunch of bag balm in them when you go to sleep.
Wake up in the morning and everything is all better.

Repeat as required through the winter months.

This. I've been using less and applying it differently. Instead of squirting a pile in my palm, I use the bottle tip to smear all over while slightly squeezing the bottle. This applies it to all over but limits how much and it helps tremendously with how long it takes to start handling anything you don't want all greasy. Not perfect but has helped.
Still have 1 in diapers so still have a tub if it! Haha

Yeah, i used superglue and baking powder(rapid setting agent) on a slice i was bleeding from. I use lucerin but it's greasy for a long time after, but works great.
Pine pitch on a band aid… heat it up with a lighter then put it on. I’ve sealed a few deep cuts that probably needed stitches with that method it works. Natural antiseptic.

I've been handling a lot of paper this Winter and it's drying me out even more than the usual here in dry Colorado. I have tried a couple products with some good results and found a trick, probably not a new one, that has been extremely helpful. Thought I'd share and hoped you might share your tips and tricks in regards to dry, split fingers and hands.

This is my dry hand first aid kit. The newest is the Bag Balm and while greasy/oily, it works much better than I expected. The superglue is a life saver. I use it on the splits and cracks and it keeps them from continuing to split and really help with the pain of those splits. Great for paper cuts as well.

View attachment 7767305
Okeefes and tape here

I mainly use a lot of O'Keefes & udder cream, even creams & ointments prescribed by my Dr. That's usually enough, but if it continues I put Vaseline in a finger cot & hear it all night. all This has been the most effective so far.

If my feet get too bad I smear a thick layer of Vaseline & then wrap the foot in Saran wrap.

Zim’s crack cream
Works like magic. Hands can ack every winter gloves or not. Takes the pain away and heals within a day or so.
God Damn, that shit is expensive! Better work.