• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DS Arms FN FAL

Dark Horse

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2008
Albany, NY
I am interested in ordering their 16" Carbine version. Would like to know how they perform from anyone that owns one. Reliability being the most important question, followed by customer service and accuracy.

Re: DS Arms FN FAL

They're good, but accuracy is not an FN FAL thing. I would expect 2-3" at 100 yards. Also check FALFiles for one built by someone halfway reputable, you might get a good deal.

I have a D S arms Paracongo with the 18" barrel and 2 Imbel's that I built years ago and like someone already mentioned, they are not famous for being anymore then 2 MOA rifles. If accuracy is important to you I would suggest you look at a AR platform 308.

2 moa would be fine, reliability is at the top of my list. From the link above, it sounds like a great platform.

I've heard the DSA is a very well built rifle. As everyone said they aren't tack drivers, but then again they weren't built to be one.

The trigger pull is pretty heavy as well. Idk if that's a concern or not for you but just a heads up

I've had a couple DSA carbines
They are fine rifles, reliable, well built. They shoot OK, 2 MOA is easily doable, trying to get 1 MOA will drive you nuts.
Spend the extra $$$ for the "speed trigger" upgrade. It's a sweet trigger job.The one I still have is an 18" carbine with the fixed stock, the para stock wasn't very comfortable to shoot a lot. The back sling swivel belts me in the nose!

Echo the above re/ accuracy, trigger, reliability ect.

To address <span style="font-weight: bold">any</span> reliability questions, go over to Falfiles and read The Tale of Ol' Dirty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not a story for the faint of heart or for AR-15 owners so read at your own risk.</div></div>

None of the FAL platforms are going to give the sub-moa numbers that people on this site always seek,

BUT, they are(accuracy wise) "good enough" to put fire onto an enemy @ 600 yd with M80

Personaly, I self-limit a shot at a Game animal to <100 yd.
That is to force myself to "lift my own game" in terms of bushcraft and "The Hunt",, and (with a proper hunting boolit) it makes a fine hunting rifle, and I don't worry about dragging it through the brush and mud.

The DSA examples are more $$ than others,, but IMHO worth it.