• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA Price increase !! (Desert Tactical Arms)

Re: DTA Price increase !! (Desert Tactical Arms)

Updated .pdf pricelist now available on their website

Damn 600 buck increase or so on the chassis.

About 4600 for the chassis + 308 now....thats...a...big increase.

Ouch!!!

My check was cashed 4 or 5 weeks ago.

I'm glad I ordered when I did.

Glad I ordered when I did as well. Wondering what inspired this round of price hikes though? I understand increasing costs, but ~16% (assuming my math is right)is pretty significant in what's still a bad economy. Supply/demand? Military/LEO focus or contracts? Materials? Maturation of the product and alignment with similar quality products (perhaps comp to AI?)? If the latter is the reason, better order those HTI's while they're only $7k...wait...I think I just developed my HTI purchase justification.../me runs to tell the wife about the financial need to pre-order the HTI! Actually, I was told the HTI prices will remain the same until 2011, but the wife doesn't need to know that:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn 600 buck increase or so on the chassis.

About 4600 for the chassis + 308 now....thats...a...big increase. </div></div>

Yeah, unfortunately, that just kicked me off the fence lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Millsd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ratbert,

Were you unhappy with your 308? I believe you sold it, so guessing it wasn't a favorite?</div></div>

Not unhappy, much like Jason I just have a short attention span. I'm about 3 rifles beyond the DTA at this point.

The DTA is really built and really shines as a 338. If I ever had reason to justify a 338 then that would be my first stop any day of the week and twice on thursdays. As a 308 with the shorter case it is still a very fine weapon but there are compromises compared to a rifle purpose built for short action cartridges, just the nature of the beast. For instance a SA setup for AIAW mags will hold twice as many round in about 2/3rds the footprint. And not having the 338 diameter bolt it will probably feed a little better. But it will also be about 10" longer, so you gotta take your lumps one way or another.

I will be very surprised if I never own another DTA rifle again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aron81</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn 600 buck increase or so on the chassis.

About 4600 for the chassis + 308 now....thats...a...big increase. </div></div>

Yeah, unfortunately, that just kicked me off the fence lol. </div></div>

I am actually one of four guys near me very interested in getting into an SRS and this increase has got us reconsidering at this point. Too bad too because if you want to shoot several calibers (or even two) it's a great option. Just wish they wouldn't have had the price hike or they may have sold four more systems plus accessories.

Guys, I know its a good increase but there isn't anything else that does what the SRS will do. I guess I am lucky I was an early adopter and have two of them and they aren't leaveing.