DTA SRS Scope Placement

spinomaly

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
United States
Where are you guys running yours? I have the end of my S&B around the location of the start of the composite stock on the top and with two spacers (one removed) I measure approximately 11 inches from end of scope to end of stock. This feels right on the bench but I did a little playing around at home for prone and it feels a little long at high magnifications. Tomorrow at the range I will tell for sure but wanted to get some of your opinions on setup. Found out I can shoot prone at this range after all.

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2007
CONUS
Re: DTA SRS Scope Placement

Here's where mine is...

SRS_02.jpg

spinomaly

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
United States

Thanks Dogtown. That is the same place I have mine except I have two spacers in the stock instead of the three that you have. How is your eye relief and x25 in prone?

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2007
CONUS

It's very comfortable - this was the more natural placement for me, but your mileage my vary.

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2008
Redding, CA. USA

Thats just about where I had my NF mounted on my old DTA. Worked well for prone and bench use.

Take care,Stan

ranger1183

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2006
Whitefish, MT, USA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A custom RND bipod. </div></div>
SRS_02.jpg

very, very nice!

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2007
CONUS

DSC_0069.jpg

Here's my buddy shooting it. It's uber-stable, though perhaps a bit overkill for the SRS and lacks any ability to twist. Apparently they will be used on the Ashbury stocked McMillan TAC50s.