• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA SRS Scope Placement

spinomaly

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
United States
Where are you guys running yours? I have the end of my S&B around the location of the start of the composite stock on the top and with two spacers (one removed) I measure approximately 11 inches from end of scope to end of stock. This feels right on the bench but I did a little playing around at home for prone and it feels a little long at high magnifications. Tomorrow at the range I will tell for sure but wanted to get some of your opinions on setup. Found out I can shoot prone at this range after all.

Re: DTA SRS Scope Placement

Here's where mine is...

SRS_02.jpg

Thanks Dogtown. That is the same place I have mine except I have two spacers in the stock instead of the three that you have. How is your eye relief and x25 in prone?

It's very comfortable - this was the more natural placement for me, but your mileage my vary.

A custom RND bipod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A custom RND bipod. </div></div>
SRS_02.jpg

very, very nice!

DSC_0069.jpg

Here's my buddy shooting it. It's uber-stable, though perhaps a bit overkill for the SRS and lacks any ability to twist. Apparently they will be used on the Ashbury stocked McMillan TAC50s.