• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dual Nox 18s/MH25s

Georgedubya

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2018
USA
There have been a couple of threads on this, but I didn’t see anything definitive. Apologies for any redundancy. My question is whether anyone is running dual NOX18s for predator hunting, and if so how it works and what is required to make them align correctly. Similar question for iRay MH25s.

I don’t need to do a ton of driving with these. I generally hunt within a reasonable distance of a road. More interested in spotting coyotes, bobcats etc. anywhere from 100 to 800 yards out.

Thanks to all.

i had dual Nox 18s and had them paired correctly after a small mod......i had a Wilcox mount with a D14 and when you first put two Nox18 into this set up they come together and touch to soon and the pic is slightly canted on each......they barely miss and may have been tolerable to some.....BUT not me..... if you remove the bolts that hold the female portion of the D14 on each side and use a SMALLER SHAFT bolt it will allow just enough additional spread approx 1/32" per side additional spread and 1/16" total additional width at the hinging points.........then that will allow the dual Nox 18s to come together properly to get ONE even pic when viewing like binos OR dual head mounting......Good Luck:cool:

i had dual Nox 18s and had them paired correctly after a small mod......i had a Wilcox mount with a D14 and when you first put two Nox18 into this set up they come together and touch to soon and the pic is slightly canted on each......they barely miss and may have been tolerable to some.....BUT not me..... if you remove the bolts that hold the female portion of the D14 on each side and use a SMALLER SHAFT bolt it will allow just enough additional spread approx 1/32" per side additional spread and 1/16" total additional width at the hinging points.........then that will allow the dual Nox 18s to come together properly to get ONE even pic when viewing like binos OR dual head mounting......Good Luck:cool:
thanks man! Are you using a different setup now? How far out do you think they’d work for identifying coyotes?

And further question regarding identifying coyotes…. Would you rather head mount a Nox 18 or 35?

Call Jay get MH25's love mine and save a ton...very light and best performance for the buck...

And further question regarding identifying coyotes…. Would you rather head mount a Nox 18 or 35?

A 35 will obviously give you a lot more range but the 18 isn't bad. Image is pretty good on 4x. Easy to tell the difference between a deer and a yote but if domestic dogs are in the mix your envelope gets a lot smaller. If they're moving in the open and you can see their tail I'd say still decent but in tall grass one dog head looks like another.

Thanks. Are the 35’s too big for a helmet Mount?

Not too big. They're basically an 18 with a bigger front lens assembly. Take off the weapon mount and run off plug power with a cr123 for backup and the weight shouldn't be too bad. Your not gonna want to walk around much with it and it won't fusion with a 14. Imo in that magnification range I think it's better to have it in your hand if you're moving around. Think of it more as a hand scanner/weapon mount that you can snap in your bridge if you're sitting static for awhile. The noxs are excellent riflescopes and you're leaving a lot on the table if you remove that capability.

Reactions: smithjd
I have a plan to make this work, but will hold my tongue until its done. Ill be giving it a try this coming week. Should pair 2 nox up nicely, although not sure about the buttons as they are on the side of the unit, but we will see what i come up with. Turning them 90* is not going to work for me, but 180* maybe? I just got my second nox and my other is 3 hours away. So i just gotta head up there to play

1B2381C8-8753-402D-8471-F9D2415F0A52.jpeg

Works great. Lighter and smaller than Nox.

Soul-sucking Chinesium.

• Love
Reactions: HenryTheAce