• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Dual purpose Camo pattern for browns and snow or not?

DIBBS

Old Mountain Man-Tired occasionally Grumpy SOB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2008
    WARSHington State
    The areas I predator hunt primarily include sagebrush, bitterbrush, scattered timber, and bunchgrass and weeds. It's mostly...brownish now but will add white snow at some point.

I'm getting ready to paint a Krg Bravo stock, and am considering adding some white in, with the gray/brown-tan/ OD green (black stock) . Too many colors ? Also waffling on a sponge camo job versus cutting stencils out of painters tape. I have lotsa time so either works.

Thoughts?

I don't think the critters are that picky.
    Hold still and keep the wind in your favor. Just my opinion.
    I have sponge camo on my coyote calling rifle. Never added any white though.

Aminals don’t care about color. As stated above, keep the wind in your favor and do your research before hunting.

Aminals don’t care about color. As stated above, keep the wind in your favor and do your research before hunting.

That does remind me about a video I saw years ago of someone calling in coyotes in a Santa Suit. Cant remember what the guys name was. Gerry Blair perhaps?

Maybe I'll sponge camo one, and use stencils on another. I figure my aerosol cans should last for several stock projects.

Last edited:
    Probably this guy
    DFA9A831-7AD2-4C78-A1EE-E5AD5EDE1CD4.jpeg

• Haha
    Reactions: acudaowner
    Tie on camo netting. Digital snow camo netting pic below. Change out for different colors depending on season.

digital-snow-camo-netting-ca_lores_a29059c2-e078-47ac-bada-01611419a073_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: Guns&WhiteWater
    Vet wrap (self adhesive bandage)...Zebra print for snow if you can find it. Comes in several camo colors.
    Easy on and off, it stays where you wrap it until you want it off. I've had some slippage but no unraveling.