• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 700 Camo project finished

stillbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2008
Tupelo, MS
A W.L. Daily Customs blueprinted Remington 700 in .223 in a Blackhawk Axiom stock for my brother.
All coatings are Brownells GunKote and Alumahyde II.
I laid down a base layer of Coyote on the action and stock with my hvlp gun.
I cooked the action and dried the stock in a closed car for about a week. I came back and taped it off with some blue painters tape that I cut into random ribbons to look like grass and went over it with my airbrush using OD Green and Dark Gray. After cooking in the locked car again for a week I came back and sponged areas with Dark Earth Brown, OD Green a mixture of Dark Earth Brown/Black and a mixture of OD Green/Blk. Once again a week in the hot car and then I sealed it all with Matte Clear Alumahyde.
I wish I had some Sand Alumahyde so I could hi-light the grass strands with my airbrush, but I don't.

I know, I know an Axion stock, but that is what he wanted.

chris4.jpg

Re: 700 Camo project finished

interesting use of a natural oven...it looks really good.

Re: 700 Camo project finished

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stillbuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I know, I know an Axion stock, but that is what he wanted.

</div></div>

Not a fan either, but Looks good anyway.