• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Camo pattern ideas with tan base

MShort

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2008
Wa
I recent bought another 6.5 saum as I foolishly sold my last one. The rifle has a manners eh1 that is painted tan. The Manners paint is still in great shape so I plan to leave it as a base and sponge alumahyde to add color and contrast.

I have always liked the gap camo colors but wonder if it will look goofy with the tan base versus the normal od green.

Any thoughts on colors or pictures of your painted stocks with a tan base are appreciated.

Attachments

• 08DFA791-8174-49E2-A0D6-6017F046408E.jpeg
    08DFA791-8174-49E2-A0D6-6017F046408E.jpeg
    520 KB · Views: 308
Could you maybe do the Forest or Mud Camo pattern instead? Looks like both of those have a tan base and would probably work for you.

I sponged mine with black paint.

When painting don't you put the smallest down first. Cover with stencils and then work out to the biggest color like OD green would be the last coat on the picture above. Right.? Im a flectarn fan. But if you want tan to be the prevailing color and it's already down then the desert transition may be the easiest.

I'm curious about this too. I have a FDE Bravo that I'm so tempted to sponge camo but I'm having trouble visualizing it. Most people start with a dark base.

Same. Just got my digicam stencils and rustoleum camo set to replicate on my Tikka stocks this weekend.

How/where on the stencils? Something custom made?

Just pick up a sponge and 3 -4 colors, spray the paint onto a surface and dab the sponge. You can go lighter or darker with any color, go light to dark with sparingly dark.
Maybe 2 other tan/brown shades and 1-2 greens, very faint black if at all. Only use a small piece of sponge with each color.

Reactions: Wannabustbunnies
How does the paint hold up after it is sprayed, are people using a sealer over the paint so it does not smudge? Thanks

Not painted but tan, that'sthe kuiu pattern. I had the stock dipped and clear coated cerakote, and all the medal cerakote fde.
IMG_0987.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG

Reactions: pilotjoe and DROWN
I’m no stranger to sponge painting my stocks, just trying to envision a good Color scheme with the tan base.

Attachments

• B4AD0591-06A3-4371-85B9-654C526FF907.jpeg
    B4AD0591-06A3-4371-85B9-654C526FF907.jpeg
    364.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pilotjoe
20200213_112647.jpg

Just keep adding dark colors, darker tan, couple shades of green, and brown. If it gets too dark, use a small sponge and tan to kind of go back partially over the dark areas. It will give it a shadow effect. Once its dry, use some matte or flat clear coat over it.

View attachment 7266486
Just keep adding dark colors, darker tan, couple shades of green, and brown. If it gets too dark, use a small sponge and tan to kind of go back partially over the dark areas. It will give it a shadow effect. Once its dry, use some matte or flat clear coat over it.

Looks great... What stock is that?