• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dubai hit team

jcm331

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2009
SC
Bunch of news reports today about a hit team that used international passports flew to Dubai and killed a Hamas leader.

here is one of the reports: Dubai hit

Re: Dubai hit team

Here is video footage of the events. Comes in 3 parts each about 10 minutes long.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JghQ0ZcRfQs&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JghQ0ZcRfQs&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K8XDhnEJ-N0&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K8XDhnEJ-N0&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RWxjxTaWytE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RWxjxTaWytE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Some artists work in oils. Some in watercolors.
Mossad has their own brand of making something look beautiful.
THAT was beautiful!

Even in Israel the left wing do gooders forget that the survival of a nation sometimes overrides idealism and the "rights" of terrorists.

Last update - 04:15 18/02/2010
Editorial / Troubling questions from Dubai
By Haaretz Editorial

If Israel is behind last month's assassination of senior Hamas official Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, it may be assumed that anybody who tried to appropriate some of the glory regrets it now. Dubai's police investigation may present the Israeli government and intelligence community with tough questions, even if the government did not take responsibility for the assassination, which the foreign press attributes to the Mossad. What at first seemed like a "clean" operation turned out to be wracked by negligent mishaps.

First of all, did the goal and outcome justify the risk of carrying out a hit in a moderate Arab country and of exposing the intelligence community's modus operandi? Or did the operational opportunity to get rid of an individual responsible for past terror attacks and current weapons smuggling encourage those who approve and carry out such actions to waive some of the rules of caution?

Second, in a tense period in which Israel is trading threats of war with Iran and its allies in the region, should Israel be goading the enemy instead of maintaining restraint?
Advertisement
Third, is it right, because of this hit, to embarrass the authorities in the United Arab Emirates, who share with Israel the fear of the Iranian threat? Fourth, in preparation for the operation, were the risks of exposure and restrictions on similar future actions taken into account?

Fifth, is there justification in damaging relations with friendly European countries whose passports were used by Mabhouh's assassins?

Sixth, is it proper to place in harm's way the Israelis whose identities were ostensibly stolen and used by the assassins? The fear of identity theft recalls dark regimes, and such an action seems to do disproportionate damage.

Should all Jews considering coming to live in Israel from the West be concerned that their names might be linked with espionage and terror incidents throughout the world? Stricter security rules at airports and border crossings make things harder on the intelligence services. But does the response require endangering the liberty, and perhaps even the lives, of civilians whose identities were used without their knowledge in a secret operation?

All these questions, particularly the claims of identity theft, need to be closely scrutinized. Lessons must be learned for the future, and the findings must be exposed to the light of day.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1150685.html

OR, this could all just be a clever smokescreen by Israelis to deflect suspicion from themselves.

Isn't this only big news because they used some forged/stolen/whatever British passports?
If the people involved have been traced that far it doesn't seem that clean and precise to me. Not suggesting i could do better but this is on the nightly news in Australia FFS. Unless that was their intention for some reason.

Exactly. If you want to commit terrorism don't think you can frequent luxury hotels in Dubai. You better be balls deep in the mountains somewhere.

It is an interesting story. Next, someone will make a movie about it. What interests me the most is the ease in which most people identify the most likely suspects. When I saw the security guy holding up photos the next day, it kind of surprised me.
9ky0q1.jpg

So I made a copy of that photo and enlarged it as much as I could for greater detail, and sure enough, it looks like some of those passports and names do not belong to the correct people.

307ra7n.jpg

I would like to read the actual plan for the end game, no matter who they serve. I wonder if it is as simple as sit on it until it fades away.

Is there a telethon going on where we can call in and give money for them to keep going...?

I just saw on the BBC that this is a HUGE story in Britain. Just to be clear, hit jobs like this aren't only defined by the mark going down, but also getting out of there without getting ID'ed. The second obviously didn't happen, so you've got a number of agents that can't work in clandestine ops again, and a diplomatic crisis if the agents did indeed use British, Irish, and German passports to pull this off.

So, while it's great that there's one less bad guy, that's a pretty huge sacrifice in terms of careers. Some voices out of the former Mossad community say there's no way it was a Mossad hit because it was executed so sloppily. The conspiracy theorist in me says this is as likely to be an inside Hamas job to take out a rival than Mossad. I guess I just have more faith in Mossad to pull off something like this without leaving an easily followed trail. Details will come out in the next few weeks, and if it was Mossad, I think this botched op may have hurt their reputaion and operational strength in the long run. We'll see.

well its still pretty dam good team work if ya ask me, it sucks that they failed on the second part and did get id'ed but i never thought stuff went down like this anymore and its amazing knowing that theres still hitmen out there

Great work couldn't happen to a nicer guy, if you want to take life best be ready to give yours up good job Isreal, now when do we start acting like it is a war and take the gloves off?

Wow, they could have had the same end result with alot less effort, and stayed off cctv.

Not sure which Executive Order it was, but President Reagan outlawed political assassinations. I think it's 12,333 but I could be wrong. It really only applies to lower level operations because the executive branch still reserves the right to make exceptional cases targets for those hit jobs.

we cant take our gloves off due to the political ass wipes in office, cuz that would be too easy and not cost our soldiers lifes

Maybe I'm naive, but could it be that whoever orchestrated the operation wanted it to be uncovered and made public that it was an assassination?

If they get out clean, a small story runs on page four of the World section that says, "Hamas offical dies of natural causes while on vacation."

Instead, there are all kinds of headlines about the Hamas offical being assassinated where he thought he was safe. Putting the message out that says, "Wherever you are, we can get you."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I'm naive, but could it be that whoever orchestrated the operation wanted it to be uncovered and made public that it was an assassination?

If they get out clean, a small story runs on page four of the World section that says, "Hamas offical dies of natural causes while on vacation."

Instead, there are all kinds of headlines about the Hamas offical being assassinated where he thought he was safe. Putting the message out that says, "Wherever you are, we can get you."

</div></div>

Maybe you're right. But does any bad guy really believe they're safe after the way the Israelis handled the Munich terrorists? Furthermore, Mossad has pulled off three other high visibility hits in the past two years, one of which went down in Damascus. That hit alone is probably still being talked about by bad guys. Mossad is one of the most feared organizations on the planet, and ruthless to boot. What message would they send with sloppy work that they haven't already sent with downright brilliantly planned operations? Just because we don't hear about the hits in the US doesn't mean Middle Eastern audiences aren't hearing them either. Al Jazeera alone goes after Mossad every time some bad guy dies under suspicious circumstances.

But maybe you're right, maybe it was intentional. I still have a hard time believing they're going to intentionally relegate good field operators to lifetime chairborne ops for one bad guy. I'm still thinking it was an inside Hamas job to remove a rival AND frame Mossad for it. Once again, that's the conspiracy theorist in me speaking up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Al Jazeera alone goes after Mossad every time some bad guy dies under suspicious circumstances. </div></div>

Exactly. The boy who cried wolf?

i like the fact that they got him when he was in what he probably considered a safe environment, its one thing when they are out in the fields and on a higher level of alertness and get taken out, but now all of his pals have to think carefully when they are taking a little break in a nice hotel somewhere.

something is so strange though.. i mean, they recreated these guys every move rather quickly, and why were they making international phone calls when in this day and age, with wireless and secure chat servers (secure enough) they could just be using a blackberry (or other smartphone) and communicating via text.
i think i have to agree with donut there, this hit seems to have been designed to send a message.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Match308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God's work. These guys are awesome. </div></div>
And gals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tex1970</div><div class="ubbcode-body">now when do we start acting like it is a war and take the gloves off?
</div></div>

Perhaps when we have an enemy that can be defined and readily identified?

Just guessing here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pat4668</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we cant take our gloves off due to the political ass wipes in office, cuz that would be too easy and not cost our soldiers lifes </div></div>

Yeah, that's it. Those in charge of operations <span style="font-style: italic">want</span> our soldiers to die.

There's a heck of a lot more to war than killing more of the enemy than they kill of you. Not once since WWII have we engaged in a major war in which we were the victors (despite being involved in 2, Korea and Vietnam, and currently involved in 2 more - one of which is undecided and the other of which is unwinnable, but neither looking good after 8 and 9 years of constant warfare), yet in every one of those conflicts the enemy suffered vastly more casualties than we did.

We can carpet bomb whole countries back to the stone age and burn villages to the ground, and it's not going to make a damn bit of difference. Just ask the Vietnamese how well that plan worked out for us.

IMO, neither of these wars are winnable despite our obvious military superiority. Right or wrong, these people are protecting their homeland, and just as every last one of us would fight for as long as it would take to get an occupying force out, so will they. In Afghanistan they've already withstood the Soviets, who arguably had a superior force than even we do (and certainly didn't have ROE that could be construed as "fluffy"), for over a decade until they got fed up and left with nothing more than what they came with.

Despite killing vastly more Vietnamese to our ~55,000 dead in Vietnam, we left after a decade of accomplishing absolutely nothing.

We finally fought off the British, the finest military force of its time, with a bunch of farmers and country boys because we were protecting our own. The Afghans are no different. We may not agree philosophically (which is completely beside the point), but insisting that they are acting any differently than we might in the event of military occupation is absurd and short sighted. I have faith that if 10,000,000 Chinese were to march on in tomorrow, we, as people, would not stop fighting until they were gone, and that's despite them having military superiority over us as a people. I can guarantee that the Afghans will do the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amazing the amount of Video Dubai put together!!! </div></div>

Yep, and none of it proves a damn thing. Nothing more than spliced together pieces that lead the viewer to believe what the manufacturer of the video wants you to believe. Anyone catch the part when they said the victims room was locked and chained from the inside.....now just how the fuck do you do that after exiting the room?

hangunnr

This was probably NOT Mossad. It was a very sloppy job and was probably orchestrated from within Hamas itself with the intentions of trying to make it look like a Mossad hit. The Israelis are a lot more professional than this. They aren't going to sacrifice their hitters for a single mark and leave evidence trails all over the place. There are NOT that many of them. There are many other reasons as well but I'm not going to get into details on a public forum. Lets just say that 11 to 17 hitters isn't the magic number for a team. It probably looks cool and all to the untrained eye but these guys would have been made bigtime by anyone who paid close enough attention to what they were actually seeing. The tennis rackets should have been a dead giveaway...especially when the guys were walking around with them at night!! Same clothes too. They could have done something not as obvious for the overt part. However, the mark was definitely a dumbass!!! It should have been obvious to him that he someone had eyes on him. He didn't alter his behavior and it cost him...not that its a bad thing in this particular case!!! One less RAT to kill!!

Chad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sir Alfred</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is an interesting story. Next, someone will make a movie about it. What interests me the most is the ease in which most people identify the most likely suspects. When I saw the security guy holding up photos the next day, it kind of surprised me.
9ky0q1.jpg

So I made a copy of that photo and enlarged it as much as I could for greater detail, and sure enough, it looks like some of those passports and names do not belong to the correct people.

307ra7n.jpg

I would like to read the actual plan for the end game, no matter who they serve. I wonder if it is as simple as sit on it until it fades away.
</div></div>

holy shit, lol. I just saw that

CKA has to go underground now....ill start the donations for him to go underground

A great posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sir Alfred</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is an interesting story. Next, someone will make a movie about it. What interests me the most is the ease in which most people identify the most likely suspects. When I saw the security guy holding up photos the next day, it kind of surprised me.
9ky0q1.jpg

307ra7n.jpg

</div></div>

holy shit, lol. I just saw that </div></div>