• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Dumb question about the 6500 Bushnell scope

vrakes

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2013
The magnification range on these scopes is ridiculous (As is the price!), something like 6 or 8 to one (2 1/2 x 16 and 4 1/2 x 30). What, if anything, do you give up for having such a large magnification range? Length of eye relief, parallax, etc.
I have been unable to find one at Gander Mountain, Sportsman's Warehouse, etc. in order to look at one in person, and the sales people don't seem to know either. At $650 and up, would REALLY like to at least look through one first.

I have one on a hunting rifle. I have liked it so far. It seems to be just fine in all areas. I have used several bushnell elites for hunting rifles and never has one given me trouble or not been forgiving. You can spend a lot more than 650 on a scope with those features. Deff not the best but I didn't want the best.

I have one on a custom 284 win. and love it. It tracks perfect to 850 yds, bright, all around good scope. I have 2 leupold mark 4's that pale in comparison to it. It is much brighter and sharper than the Mark 4's. Mine has exposed target turrets they are good but not the best I have used. I would really consider it for the price and power range.

the 2.5 -16 x 50 is a well balanced package - look to pay 500-600 used - no real competition for this scope, they have full warranty so why take the depreciation for new
IMO for higher magnification, better glass and a larger lens are worth the extra $$

OpticsPlanet.com | Low Prices, Free S&H on Binoculars, Sunglasses, Night Vision Goggles, Riflescopes, Flashlights, Rangefinders - Hunting, Outdoor, Science & Military has them, and you'll be happy with it. These scopes have a 30 mm body, so the usual 1" scope rings don't work, but 30 mm rings are available everywhere. There is a lot of windage and elevation available within the scope, but to get out past 750 yds, some rifles need a 20 MOA base mount, and I recommend the one-piece picatinny type. I like to use quick-detach rings, so the scope can be moved from one rifle to another. Although expensive, NightForce has a good 4-screw/ring set, with a solid slotted screw as the base fastener. I like the scope with the covers on the knobs, so they aren't moved by accident, but the knobs can be zeroed easily, so that's not a big issue.
Jim