• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Dumb question; will a MagPul ACS stock fit on a KAC SR25?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Have a SR25 ER with the A2 stock. Will a MagPul ACS stock drop in/fit?

Says its for the milspec sized carbine tube (no idea what size the KAC is) and does the SR25 tube have the slots for a 6 position collapsible?

I'm fairly certain you'll have to swap the buffer tube for an adjustable in order to use a different stock other than the A2 or a PRS.

I'm fairly certain you'll have to swap the buffer tube for an adjustable in order to use a different stock other than the A2 or a PRS.

And swap out your rifle buffer and buffer spring for the .308 carbine pieces.

Meh. Just took it apart to see, hard as hell to get those screws out.

Yep, looks WAY too long for a carbine stock and its a straight tube, no notches for a positional stock.

So if I got an AR10 pattern 'carbine' stock extension (which is the tube), AR10 pattern spring and AR10 pattern buffer I'd be GTG?

Would swapping the current buffer/tube out and replacing them with high end '308 carbine' parts do anything to its accuracy or reliability? Thinking the benefit of a collapsible stock is a good thing.

I personally like the PRS better than the collapsible for what the SR 25 is really designed to be used for, but if you want to go collapsible then I would look into maybe an ACS with the Battleline Industries SAPR.

I keep hearing just about any collapse-able (I did not say adjustable) stock was a bad idea on the .308 platform AR. No? I've used plenty of UBR and PRS without issue.

I agree, I changed out the Sopmod stock on my LMT MWS to a PRS shortly after I got it.

I keep hearing just about any collapse-able (I did not say adjustable) stock was a bad idea on the .308 platform AR. No? I've used plenty of UBR and PRS without issue.

The only problem with this thought is that the UBR is essentially a carbine length collapsable that just uses it's own style of buffer tube while the PRS is a rifle length. I know plenty of vendors running collapsible stocks on 308's without issues. And the PRS has had it's fair share of issues when installed on some 308s like POF.

Were you having function issues or any other problems running the SOPMOD?

No function issues I just didn't like the way the LMT with the Sopmod stock balanced. The LMT is front heavy as you know. Adding the PRS stock balanced the LMT much better, reduced the felt recoil, fit me better and gave me a much better cheek weld. I am a big guy so the additional weight was insignificant to me.

Last edited:
    20" tube / piggish URX 2 - PRS is pretty nice. It really balances it out if you hang a can off the front end too.

Anyone know what receiver extension tube, buffer and spring to buy if converting sr-25 to collapsible stock.

Grab you an A5 length buffer tube (7.75" in length) and that will allow you to run any ar15 buffer (3.25" in length) in your SR25. You could also grab any standard length buffer tube (7.00" in length) and run a 308 carbine buffer (2.5" in length) like the heavy buffer from Slash's Heavy Buffers (6.5oz) or the 308 version of the JP Silent Captured Spring.

Got the kit from Ayan at BC. It's pricey but I'd rather have it right and done by him than dick around on a $4 k rifle. The A2 stock left a lot to be desired and the fact it doesn't adjust for storage or LOP sucked as well. The fixed stock was one of the top 3 things I hated about shooting the g3a3 and the A2 seemed even longer.

I didn't want another SOPMOD as the area on the bottom 'point' for a rear bag is extremely small and finnicky at times and even on my MK12 it's too low for a solid cheek weld, so why do it again?

Last edited:
    Wow. A SOPMOD puts your cheek weld to low? That's crazy. I'd start to question the height of your optic mount at that point but maybe you just have a huge head. The sopmod is just about perfect for me with a 1.3-1.5" optical centerline. Are you using a mount that places your optic far above that?