• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Duplin bipod?

Distance shooter

Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
California
I saw a thread on the Duplin bipod and it was attached to the rifle using a rail. Does anyone know if it can be attached to a rifle that only has a stud and not a rail? I like the design and was interested in it, but have not found any info with it attached to a stud on a rifle. Any input is appreciated.
DS

Re: Duplin bipod?

Hey desertshooter..

as of this point Clint doesnt have an adapter to work on a simple bipod sling stud..

he has them for picatinny rails, as well as the anshutz style rail..

I have emailed and talked to him about this type of adapter but at the present time it doesnt look like there is one in the works..

he can however install a rail in your rifles forend for a very small fee if you also purchase a bipod from him..he does excellent work..

feel free to PM me if you have any Q's..

Chris

From Clint at Duplin Rifles-

"There will be no stud mounts. I straddled the fence on this issue as I know it would include a lot more of the market to have this type of mount But ultimately it is inferior I believe and am not interested it the problems that I think it will present on the firing line."

Thank you gentlemen for your help. I will email Clint with duplin and ask about a pic rail type adapter to put on my rifle. I really want to try one of these.
Thank you

DS

I've just gotta post an atta-boy for Clint Cooper.

I've been getting my Remington 5R .308 ready for my first 600 yard F T/R match, and based on what I've read here, I decided to go with the Bipod from Clint at Duplin Rifles. I sent my Manners stock to Clint for install of an Anschutz rail. He turned it around in two days for me along with a black bipod.

After shooting with it for the first time, I am in no way disappointed. It is light, easy to install and adjust, and rock-solid. I admit that my only bipod shooting experience is with a Harris, but there is absolutely no comparison. I was able to hold very steady on a 600 yard target at 32X which was impossible for me with the Harris, plus my huge left muzzle jump was gone. I managed a 7-shot group of 1/2 MOA at 600 yards in a very light breeze with my match load .... for me, unheard of! Some luck maybe, but I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Two thumbs up to Clint for a quality product and service, and to Frank for the recommendation. Thanks guys!

Duplin1.jpg

Duplin2.jpg

HighRez,
What's the cost on one of those Duplin Bipods? He did a nice job on your stock.

Yes, Clint did a nice job on the rail install. He had to contour the rail front to match the stock contour ... a very nice fit. Total bill was $360 and if memory serves me it was $282 for the bipod, about $70 for the rail and install, plus some shipping. Clint is a great young man and very eager to please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HighRez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've just gotta post an atta-boy for Clint Cooper.

I've been getting my Remington 5R .308 ready for my first 600 yard F T/R match, and based on what I've read here, I decided to go with the Bipod from Clint at Duplin Rifles. I sent my Manners stock to Clint for install of an Anschutz rail. He turned it around in two days for me along with a black bipod.

After shooting with it for the first time, I am in no way disappointed. It is light, easy to install and adjust, and rock-solid. I admit that my only bipod shooting experience is with a Harris, but there is absolutely no comparison. I was able to hold very steady on a 600 yard target at 32X which was impossible for me with the Harris, plus my huge left muzzle jump was gone. I managed a 7-shot group of 1/2 MOA at 600 yards in a very light breeze with my match load .... for me, unheard of! Some luck maybe, but I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Two thumbs up to Clint for a quality product and service, and to Frank for the recommendation. Thanks guys!

Duplin1.jpg

Duplin2.jpg
</div></div>

Very nice!

Finally got out to the dessert to try the Duplin bipod. It is a rock solid attachment with the rail and I sure enjoyed adjusting the bipod from the shooting position. I was able to sight in at 100 yards and then dial up to shoot at the steel we had set up at 1100 yards without getting out of position. I previously used a gen 2 sinclair bipod and always had to get up to adjust the legs and then check the sight picture and then readjust if it was not perfect. With the Duplin bipod, adjustment was easy, just look through the scope and dial the wheel on the bottom to adjust elevation. I am very pleaed with my purchase. Clints bipods are very solid.
DS

I've got to add my 2 cents worth. Clints bipod is the best I've ever shot with,and I've tried many. I have a Centershot,and while it's a great light weight bipod,it's definitly not near as sturdy as the Duplin,and there is not that much difference in weight.