• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Duracoat University Question

hrfunk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
Ohio
I'm thinking seriously about attending the "Duracoat University" conducted by LCW. If anyone here has attended previously, I would like to hear your thoughts.

Thank You,
HRF

Looks like not too many have attended. Has anyone heard anything about it?

HRF

I have not attended the class, but know of a couple people who have and they said it was informational and the Lauer family are great people. Personally I opted not to take it simply because I needed to invest that money into equipment for my shop. I chose to learn by trial and error. I really do not think you can go wrong by taking it.

I have not taken it. My friends that have taken the class emphasize that the biggest benefit they got was on learning how to disassemble/re-assemble firearms.

If flights weren't so expensive from Las Vegas to their shop, I'd have gone long ago.

It's about a 12-hour drive from my home. I'm thinking it might make a nice RV trip in the fall.

HRF

I thought I'd run this up to the top one more time in case anyone missed it the first time.

HRF

It was an ok class, I took it 3 years ago...maybe 4. Good experience, good trip but I learned more about 'Buy my products' and 'MY Equipment' etc. Good tips on applying stencils and such, but to be honest- I like Cerakote's training better and use their products more- if you are looking for a pretty honest answer as I am factory certified in both.
IMO Dura Coat is great for 'coloring' and making patterns on already finished rifles, but Cerakote works great as all of that AND is a standalone finish.

The MAIN thing is to go to the Leinenkugel brewery!