• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eagle Hybrid Sniper Rifle Case

JxMAN25

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2011
Salem Oregon
I just did a search with no luck. So i am looking at buying one of these and wanted to see what you guys thought of them. there pros and cons. Also is there room to carry a rang finder, note pad, and ammo? thanks in advanced Jesse

Re: Eagle Hybrid Sniper Rifle Case

I have several and like them a lot. I carry this one w/ me everyday as shown.
Depending on your rig and your range finder, you may not have room for much extra inside the case. Small note pad/log book and some ammo will work out no problem.
2qa8sgx.jpg

you can attach 2 extra pouches to the outside for binos and tripod but the bag by itself is great

I had gotten one of the last khaki ones from Natchez. I was surprised with it. Its heavier than I was expecting. Really alot to this case.

Haven't used it yet though. Even if you can only get black I would still recommend it. With that price it's had to pass up.

So far I'll probably add some Kifaru long pockets to the top of and leave it be.

I'll work on a review soon.

Cut

thanks guys. Im still not sure if i would rather have something like a Tac ops bag. Do they make those in desert earth or od green? jesse

i bought mine from Triadtactical years ago in od

my 24" mcma5 fits in the case but its pretty tight. my 20" ar10 is a much better fit.

its perfect for prone shooting and if you are on the move.

I've been using an HSRC for a couple of years now - no complaints at all. The other nifty thing is that they fit into a Pelican 1750 (without foam) perfectly, for when you need a bit more protection...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruze5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i bought mine from Triadtactical years ago in od

my 24" mcma5 fits in the case but its pretty tight. my 20" ar10 is a much better fit.

its perfect for prone shooting and if you are on the move. </div></div>

Really the 24" barrel was tight? My TRG-22 w/ 26" barrel fits in my HSRC with room to spare.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bazgab</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruze5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i bought mine from Triadtactical years ago in od

Really the 24" barrel was tight? My TRG-22 w/ 26" barrel fits in my HSRC with room to spare. </div></div>

im thinking its because of the bolt handle. it makes the gun wider. So when i am zipping it up, it makes it difficult to close

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bazgab</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruze5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i bought mine from Triadtactical years ago in od

Really the 24" barrel was tight? My TRG-22 w/ 26" barrel fits in my HSRC with room to spare.</div></div>

So Bazgab if your TRG had a 27" or even 28" barrel would it fit ?

Cheers pc3

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulyosh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been using an HSRC for a couple of years now - no complaints at all. The other nifty thing is that they fit into a Pelican 1750 (without foam) perfectly, for when you need a bit more protection...
</div></div>

also, the spec M40A3 fits in the HSRC perfectly.

Got one of the Natchez deals too. Made in the USA and everything about it is top quality. Can't beat the deal!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruze5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im thinking its because of the bolt handle. it makes the gun wider. So when i am zipping it up, it makes it difficult to close </div></div>

Oh that makes sense, I have been taking the bolt out and putting it in one of the interior pouches when in the case so that had not occurred to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So Bazgab if your TRG had a 27" or even 28" barrel would it fit ?

Cheers pc3</div></div>

27" would fit, pretty sure 28" would fit but I don't have the case on hand just this second to check.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bazgab</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruze5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im thinking its because of the bolt handle. it makes the gun wider. So when i am zipping it up, it makes it difficult to close </div></div>

Oh that makes sense, I have been taking the bolt out and putting it in one of the interior pouches when in the case so that had not occurred to me. </div></div>

brilliant!! i feel stupid for not thinkin' of that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bazgab</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So Bazgab if your TRG had a 27" or even 28" barrel would it fit ?

Cheers pc3</div></div>

27" would fit, pretty sure 28" would fit but I don't have the case on hand just this second to check. </div></div>
I have my Rem 40X AICS with a 28" barrel in an HSRC and it fits just fine.

Been using mine for a while, extra long HSRC from Triad Tactical (thumbs up!) for a 30" barrel.
It is great for hauling rifle,ammo,Kestrel,binos/RF,handheld computer etc. to and from the range, for stationary hunting, shooting at "improvised" ranges that require hiking in and so on...
Highly recommended, doubt there is anything better for its purpose out there (meaning if you are hauling a shooting mat/bag around you are not hiking in any highlands loaded with a 150lb ruck for a week or so at a time).

The only thing I miss is an adjustable muzzle protector, in these days of tank-gun-sized muzzlebrakes they should come up with some way of adjusting the diameter of the very well padded protector.

Good luck with your purchase.

John - out