• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ear Pro Wwwwwuuuuuuuusssssshhhhhh

Rockdoc173

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2014
    Florida
    I use the Peltor Sport Tac 500 ear pro and 9/10 they work like a champ, but once in a while I have to contend with heavier than usual wind (heavy for S. Fl so like 10-15mph). As today, it was blowing such that I got that wuuussshhh sound in my mic, anybody know of a way to tame that down a little so I can hear impacts. At 700 it was fine, but > k it wasn't happening.

Is your set possibly missing the foam wind covers over the mics?

My Howard Leights worked fine today, but I think the wind picked up a little after we left.

Get some fuzzy craft fabric and attach it over the mic.

NzA3XzAwNTYuanBn

Reactions: akmike47
    We had to get out there.
    Just finished a Rim-X for Rebecca and we also brought our middle boy and his GF.
    Had Matthew on the 800 IPSC and he finished off with a head shot on it using my 6-BR.

Rebecca's new toy is a hammer with SK standard plus.

We had to get out there.
    Just finished a Rim-X for Rebecca and we also brought our middle boy and his GF.
    Had Matthew on the 800 IPSC and he finished off with a head shot on it using my 6-BR.

Rebecca's new toy is a hammer with SK standard plus.
    Were you packing up just as I got there? I was driving a black Chevy. Small world lol

It was windy AF today. Wish I could have gotten out.
    I thought it was a good chance to train in less than ideal conditions, I just wish that I would have been able to distinguish hits. I've been thinking about donating a couple of MS shot markers for that very reason

I thought it was a good chance to train in less than ideal conditions, I just wish that I would have been able to distinguish hits. I've been thinking about donating a couple of MS shot markers for that very reason
    Oh it was. We don’t get those conditions often.

Were you packing up just as I got there? I was driving a black Chevy. Small world lol

Yeah, that was us.
    Had to leave and get some food into the teenagers before they started eating the benches.😂

Rebecca and I went out there again today and met up with @lash and his brother Bob, @8pointer
    @DustBun and his wife Carolyn

Another windy day of shooting, but it sure beats watching football. 🙂

Did you figure out the wind sound on your ear pro?

Reactions: lash

Newer paint on the steel would help a lot.
    It's been brought up. A lot...
    I live less than 20 minutes away if you ever need a spotter.

Yeah, that was us.
    Had to leave and get some food into the teenagers before they started eating the benches.😂

Rebecca and I went out there again today and met up with @lash and his brother Bob, @8pointer

That wind was quite the challenge today glad we went. Great to meet DustBun and his wife. BBQ food coma.....what great way to saddle up the Turkey Day weekend. Your girl is a shooter....we are in trouble.

It was fun. Although the wind was really messing up my hair. :D (What's left of it anyway.) Traffic was fun from Tampa going back to Ocala. Happy Thanksgiving all.

Yeah, that was us.

It was great shooting with you guys, as is usual.

Re: the wind sound in ear pro thing. I found that anytime I was within about 5 feet of the Bullseye camera receiver/transponder, it made a noise like that. I have no idea if that was his issue, but thought I’d mention it.

It was great shooting with you guys, as is usual.

Re: the wind sound in ear pro thing. I found that anytime I was within about 5 feet of the Bullseye camera receiver/transponder, it made a noise like that. I have no idea if that was his issue, but thought I’d mention it.
    That wifi interference drives Mikey insane! My Walkers are so crappy at this point they barely register anything....afraid if I buy nice ones I'll just annoy myself with 'zzzzzzbzzzzzzbzz'. When you coming back for some more pew pew/bbq?

@Rockdoc173

Hey great to meet you today look forward to doing some shooting. Was a bit wrapped up with several of us shooting/spotting/wifi cam duty, but maybe we can get after those new hanging targets at 800 next time those are a hoot. Have a good week see ya next time.