• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

early haboob

persistant7500

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
Buckeye AZ
Our power just came back on from the earliest haboob I have seen. It looks like I lost one shed out back of my property and everything is covered in a quarter inch of sand, man I can't wait to move out of the desert and to some place with a decent climate (you know seasons and not hot and getting ready to be hot).

Re: early haboob

During the winds of 180 days in the shal i khot valley, there are storms like this. One day I was up in the forward tower using a really cool zooming camera and saw the source of the sand in teh air. It was a line of trucks hauling ass across a dirt road. The dust they kicked up went way high into the air, and then came ripping toward us. It looked just like that. Sure the sand in teh air was a man made part, but the natural high velocity winds made a seriously wicked sand storm. That stuff over 180 days killed two sets of lenses in goggles

P7500 it sounds like you faired pretty well compared to a lot of people in your area. I talked to a buddy of mine that works for BEVFD and they had a ton of calls including a structure fire as a result of the storm. Saw quite few pic on the news of some major damage to homes. Glad you are okay and only lost a shed. We didn't see much up here but some light (for us) winds and a little rain.

now in the light of day, although I lost a shed out back, I gained most of my neighbors shed, not sure if I would call it breaking even. Oh well, that's life in the fast lane, I was going to tear it down any way, but I did want to get my stuff out of it first.