• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ebay listing too good to be true

memyselfi

memyselfi
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2011
Good Ole USA
1591020681290.png
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vortex-Opt...833032?hash=item4b7adcb9c8:g:wnEAAOSwvWZe08Iz

Listing title: "Vortex Optics SPR-1303 Spitfire"
Description: "Brand: Unbranded"

So which is it? :p

Bought a 1x here for around $150 NIB. Sits on a s&w 15-22.

Seller is going to say they misplaced a decimal point on the price and likely have to refund money is my guess.

I just bought one with PayPal. I’ll let you know the good, bad or ugly. I like a cheap mystery box to give my son in law for a Christmas gag gift.o_O

I ordered on, put it on my PayPal/Amex. Can always send it back and get a credit, who knows, even if its a decent knockoff it will go well on my spare AR.

Hacking accounts and listing stuff stupid cheap then not shipping anything and you waiting for eBay to accept the listing are fraudulent is not uncommon.

I just received the same eBay email as above. Luckily, PayPal had not yet sent the money, so I cancelled the transaction. Darn, no cheap ass knock-off gag gift for Son in Law:cry:

I ordered on, put it on my PayPal/Amex. Can always send it back and get a credit, who knows, even if its a decent knockoff it will go well on my spare AR.

For ALL online shopping transactions, I use either a credit card with a $200 limit or a local drugstore gift card for items that are more than $200 that are preloaded with the exact amount of money for that purchase.

Just in case cyberthieves DO compromise the card info... Have fun with the 30 cents or so that remains on the card...

Reactions: Ravenworks