• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

ebay users watch out

Tactical

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2001
Calif
www.tacticalintervention.com
Hey got an email from who claimed to be Ebay today about a dispute claim. Since I never sell anything or had a dispute with anyone I bought from I just followed links and did not sign in. These f'rs did a good job making the BS really look like Ebay but obviously just a ploy to get your info, so be careful

Re: ebay users watch out

I got a fishin scam email from Delta Airlines this am. Got ticket reservation email from them. Called Delta, and the nice lady informed me that they had several thousand inquires today.
The world sucks......

I ran into a weird one on Craigslist the other day. Basically, the buyer sends you a check and you cash it but then a local dude comes to your house to pick up the item. It would seem legit but I'm betting the check would bounce after some dickface took your item.

It has been said a thousand times, but if these people would just get this creative doing honest work they would all probably be rich.

Some enema nozzle was trying to sell a 240SX on Craig's list here. Said he was stationed in a PA unit and they were on lock down so he couldn't get to a phone to make a call when I asked him about the car and lots of questions. Enema nozzle said he had the car listed on AutoTrader, so I asked for the rep's name. Then I see the plate in a pic on the car and have a friend of a friend run it...hahahah stolen. Gave him the email address of enema nozzle and haven't heard from him since my last questions about the car...hahahahah army unit and base in PA/Philly, what a enema nozzle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ran into a weird one on Craigslist the other day. Basically, the buyer sends you a check and you cash it but then a local dude comes to your house to pick up the item. It would seem legit but I'm betting the check would bounce after some dickface took your item. </div></div>

I have had this one lately, but they want to pay with Paypal, and send somebody to pick it up, or a shipping company to pick it up. Not sure what they can do with your Paypal name, real name, and address, but I am not falling for this stupid shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ran into a weird one on Craigslist the other day. Basically, the buyer sends you a check and you cash it but then a local dude comes to your house to pick up the item. It would seem legit but I'm betting the check would bounce after some dickface took your item. </div></div>

My Gf was in the same situation last year. She was selling a chaise lounge chair. Some girl contacted her, said she was disabled and couldn't get the item herself, but would send her deliver guys with a check and some extra money for my gf for the trouble and to pay the deliver guys. I was like WTF, umm no. SO we knew it was a scam, so we played along with it,but told her to send the check first to a PO box, and then when we get it we will contact you back. We eventually had the girl(Scammer) send a check in advance, and we then took it our credit union and had them process it, it came up fake so they sent it off to their fraud division, and not sure if they caught up with the scammer or not. I do know her email was invalid after we turned the check over to the Credit union. lol

There is some scum out there, so always be alert.

Some kid walks into a 7 11 to steal 20 bucks and disposable diapers and he gets 7 to 10. The internet a..wipe scams anyone and everyone and you never hear of the arrest or most of the time follow up investigation, no wonder it is running rampant throughout the web. I had the "old" check and return some cash ploy a few years ago, played along and contacted the Police in a MAJOR city(Miami) gave them full info and a return address...their response ..."we don't have time for that kind of stuff." It is beyond belief that people still fall this, but they do.

Yep, a guy tried that with me and I played him and kept him bu sy enough so he could not screw anyone for a while...

I had the check mailed to me, obvious fraud...never cashed it and told the big russian dude no way...

Any thing they can do to rip someone off. Too bad they don't use their energy for something productive. They could probably cure cancer.

I always look at the portion of the domain that comes DIRECTLY before the ".com" -- if it does not say ebay.com or craigslist.com, but instead says something like "craigslistcom.net" or "ebay-motors.com" you know it's fake.

I had a "Marine Biologist" wanting to do the pay pal deal for my Harley. He couldn't get to a phone from "out to sea", but wanted to buy it for his son. I sent a pay pal payment request, which of course went unanswered. I guess he fell overboard?

I've received them before. Got hacked by one of them. The return addy contained ebav, not ebay.

MFH

A month or two ago, a guy called the family furniture store, saying he was getting bedding for a homeless shelter in Chicago. He even had a truck on it's way to pick up the bedding and had provided a credit card that all checked out.

Well, it seemed sketchy, to say the least. My mom called the local police, which ran the credit card number and the phone number he left. The phone number registered to an address in Chicago, but it was an apartment over a strip club and the credit card belonged to a retired lady living in florida.

The truck driver showed up at the store and the police interviewed him. Turned out he got a call from the same guy and was going to get paid on delivery of the bedding. So, he wound up out fuel to and from Chicago to south Central Illinois and time spent driving.