• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock Gunslinger 2 or X3 LoDrag???

Re: Eberlestock Gunslinger 2 or X3 LoDrag???

ok, I want one, now which one? Anyone have a pic of the military green?

If you go onto eberlestocks web site at the the bottom it shows the various colors and actually compares the military green next to the dry earth in various environments. I too am looking at the X3 or gunslinger for my rifle and gear. I spoke with Ceylon and he is a wealth of knowledge on these packs and is a great help.

I have owned both. bought the low drag first and didn't have enought room. if i wanted to go really light on gear the low drag would have been great. it fit well and have lots for areas to keep stuff. the Gunslinger II is just bigger and fit my needs better. I would rather have extra room when I'm done packing than trying to wedge in everything so perfectly you can't get it back in there when your in the field. I don't think you be unhappy with either one.

I went up to the G4 operator and it fits alot more gear without being too heavy on its own.

I have a Gunslinger 2 and couldn't be happier. I almost bought the X3, but decided I wanted the heavier material and little more room. I also bought mine from Ceylonc and I'm glad I did. He takes care of Hide members, and is very knowledgeable on the Eberlestock line. It's a purchase I don't regret for sure.

I have both the gunslinger II and the G4 operator. Bought both from Ceylon. Great guy, and even better gear. I use them both all the time. Makes packing a rifle a hell of a lot easier.

Bill

I know this is an old thread and I've read all 6 pgs but I still need some convincing. I'm almost there on the Lo Drag but the last thing I want is to find I really can't fit it all and wind up strapping shit on everywhere and/or having to pack things too precisely to be practical. Here's what I gotta fit:

Leica Vector, which is rather large.
Trimble Nomad PDA, also rather large (for a PDA).
2 boxes of ammo.
Swarovski 20-60 spotter.
NIVIS night vision device.
Urban hide kit.
Manfrotto tripod with ball grip head.
Data book.
Kestral.
Ghillie top.
Med. sized rear bag.
70 oz bladder.
Misc. little shit.

The list ain't long but a lot of it is bulky which is why I'm on the fence. In my profession the smaller size seems better since I'm no longer punching out for 2 or 3 days. I was originally thinking Phantom but I don't want a pack that I wind up filling just because I have the space. But, I do like the internal divided organization of the Phantom and the long pockets on the outside for things like the tripod. I like the front opening feature of both packs to get to things without unloading or digging through everything.

I dunno, help me out here. I'm hoping someone who's owned both can comment here. Thanks, Jeff.