• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

eberlestock Terminator

hiddenmongoose

crazysection
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2009
Ireland
Anyone here using the above pack. Thinking of getting one as it would suit for overnights in the hills when rock bashing and the odd hike in hunt. How does it handle heavy loads , dont think it has a frame so just wondering how it handles heavy packed?

You probably answered your question - Lacking a frame, if you want heavy load capacity without destroying your back, look to Mystery ranch, Kifaru, Attack pack, etc.

I've had one for about ten years now. First thing: it's a BIG pack, 4100 CUIN (you probably already knew this... ;)) It's an "internal frame" pack; I'd say it's okay with heavy loads, not "great". I tend to be rather old-school when it comes to load-bearing packs; IMHO nothing carries a heavy load like an old-school external frame pack. That being said, the Terminator is okay for an internal frame pack.

Eberlestock internal frames carry loads 55 lbs and less really well. 55-70 lbs the intex ii frame that eberlestock has on some packs is better. Also get their large pad waist belt (can order as an accessory if not standard on a particular pack)
​​
Above 70 lbs kifaru works way better.

I Like the way the weapon is carried in the terminator but would prefer the load carrying frame of a mystery ranch overload. Hard choices