• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Eberlestock V69 Destroyer vs. Kelty Eagle 128

robescc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2010
Everett, WA
I am looking at getting a pack in this size range and looking at these two. Any suggestions? I know Eberlestocks are excellent and Kelty has been making packs for years. What is your opinion?

Re: Eberlestock V69 Destroyer vs. Kelty Eagle 128

Eberlestock for the WIN!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eberlestock for the WIN!</div></div>

Is this reccomendation based on first hand hard use field experiance.....or just key strokes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eberlestock for the WIN!</div></div>

Is this reccomendation based on first hand hard use field expericane.....or just key strokes? </div></div>

That's what I want to know too. I don't care what you think about it when you take it out of the box. All the reviews are the same. I want to know if you still love it after some time using it. How was it on the week long hunting trip? Was it still comfortable after the first 10 miles? I want hard reviews. Not the lard that took out of the package and then threw it in the closet.
I know this pack is a good fit for taller guys. I am 6'1" so I think it is what I am looking for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eberlestock for the WIN!</div></div>

Is this reccomendation based on first hand hard use field experiance.....or just key strokes? </div></div>

I have an Eberlestock LoDrag I use as my range bag, match pack, and just about everything else pack. And I used my friends Destroyer on an outing recently. I've used a Kelty before, but not the Eagle 128. Eberlestock packs are in my opinion the best out there for the money.

He didn't ask about "first hand hard use field experience" either Trevor, he asked about opinions which is what I gave. I find it ironic you offered no opinion on the OP except to try and be an asshole about my opinion... So maybe you should not worry about what I'm stroking and go stroke your own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: robescc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That's what I want to know too. I don't care what you think about it when you take it out of the box. All the reviews are the same. I want to know if you still love it after some time using it. How was it on the week long hunting trip? Was it still comfortable after the first 10 miles? I want hard reviews. Not the lard that took out of the package and then threw it in the closet.
I know this pack is a good fit for taller guys. I am 6'1" so I think it is what I am looking for. </div></div>

Not that it matters, but when you ask for opinions you might want to elaborate what you wanted and who you wanted it from in the first place. My opinion won't matter much I guess being I'm only 5' 11" and you're so much taller. Besides... I'm apparently just a "lard that took out of the package and then threw it in the closet"... fucking amazing...

Well said Broker. My parents taught me manners .... LOL. It's amazing what people think they are aloud to get away with these days. Funny thing is, most of the people in here would never talk to you the same in person as they feel free to when it's electronic and anonymous.

Both are great companies. Im 6 ft tall and the best packs I have used is Eberlestock and Mystery Ranch. I havent used either of those models but the eberlestock looks to be a bit more comfortable. Call Ceylonc. I ordered a pack today from him and the group buy prices are great.

Broker, I din't make fun of you because you think you are vertically challenged. The fact that you got so butt hurt over the comment on how tall I am shocks me.
I simply meant that the web is full of out of the box reviews but little to none about the product after some actual use. Sorry I wasn't so clear on that.
I for one do not hide behind my keyboard so if you can't stick to the topic, get off my thread. I was always taught to say what I mean and mean what I say.

Thanks.

I have never used a Kelty, but recommend my GSII to everyone who asks. 5'10", but from using the pack I don't see the 3" height difference being an issue. If anything, longer arms make it easier to reach back and grab the rifle out.
B.W.

I just realized your inquiry was about a pack without the internal rifle scabbard so disregard the later half of the previous comment. Still, in my experience it is being too short that is generally the more common issue with poorly fitting packs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: robescc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker, I didn't make fun of you because you think you are vertically challenged. The fact that you got so butt hurt over the comment on how tall I am shocks me.
I simply meant that the web is full of out of the box reviews but little to none about the product after some actual use. Sorry I wasn't so clear on that.
I for one do not hide behind my keyboard so if you can't stick to the topic, get off my thread. I was always taught to say what I mean and mean what I say.

Thanks. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: robescc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not the lard that took out of the package and then threw it in the closet. </div></div>

I could care less about how tall you were. I responded to your asinine comments along with Trevor implicating me as some fat internet ninja. I also don't recall saying you were hiding behind any keyboard. If you're going to comment at someone and take it off topic then expect a response back. It's called a retort...

Rob ...

Since the V69 is the model your looking at im guessing some serious cargo space is in order for projected application. The J51 model with a full frame looks like the best option from eberlestock that I have seen. Im tall and tried a X3 from eberlestock and the waistband was up around my ribs. After a few calls and some measurements from the folks in Boise I decided to go with a Mystery Ranch. The "NICE" frame is pretty solid and I have the Alpha Overload pack on it currently. Pretty decent/flexible design. It hasn't had any serious field use yet, just some test loads and general messing around to test configurations and such. I plan to beat on it a bit this summer but so far seems to be a solid setup. The nice frame has an adjustable yoke and comes in different sizes. Thats what sold me, and once I got it fitted vertically ... I loaded it up with a rifle and full pack. It fit up nice and tight and didn't shift side to side, so far im happy with it.

The J51 from eberlestock looks promising as you can put the A4 scabard behind to frame and keep the scabard from rocking side to side. The G1 pack could be attached to that or the wings closed up depending on the cargo requirements.

The lack of a true frame and the whole "yeti size" kept me from going with the bigger Eberlestock models.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sapper524</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob ...

Since the V69 is the model your looking at im guessing some serious cargo space is in order for projected application. The J51 model with a full frame looks like the best option from eberlestock that I have seen. Im tall and tried a X3 from eberlestock and the waistband was up around my ribs. After a few calls and some measurements from the folks in Boise I decided to go with a Mystery Ranch. The "NICE" frame is pretty solid and I have the Alpha Overload pack on it currently. Pretty decent/flexible design. It hasn't had any serious field use yet, just some test loads and general messing around to test configurations and such. I plan to beat on it a bit this summer but so far seems to be a solid setup. The nice frame has an adjustable yoke and comes in different sizes. Thats what sold me, and once I got it fitted vertically ... I loaded it up with a rifle and full pack. It fit up nice and tight and didn't shift side to side, so far im happy with it.

The J51 from eberlestock looks promising as you can put the A4 scabard behind to frame and keep the scabard from rocking side to side. The G1 pack could be attached to that or the wings closed up depending on the cargo requirements.

The lack of a true frame and the whole "yeti size" kept me from going with the bigger Eberlestock models. </div></div>

Well thanks Sapper. I too was curious as to the field trials for MR and V69. I was looking at the 6500 Nice, thinkin i'd have the room IF i needed but usually can get by with about 4500ci. Having the ability to use the Nice frame seperate, (packin moose or?) seems very attractive to me. 100lb rear quarter gets cumbersome quick.. NOTE to self ( hunt closer to the RIVER).. LOL

Thanks Dapper. That is some great advise. Just what I was looking for.