• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have tried many - settled on Kore Essential. Leather for business dress and nylon for jeans. Have four. Prefer over nexbelt. The ratchet thing works for me.

Thread revival for those of you using the Kore Essential belts. How easy is it to remove/transfer the buckle between belts? Ordered a brown belt with D3 buckle, and an extra black belt for dress occasions. Wondering if I should have shelled out the extra $20 for a second buckle?

If im not mistaken its 2 screws and the lever. Not hard but might take about 3 minutes or so. Personally id have gone with another buckle though just looking at it from an added wear perspective.

Also...to close the loop here I bought a Nexbelt Appendix belt. Basically same thing as Kore but I liked the smaller buckle and release button vs lever deal. Had it only for a little less than a week but I like it a lot. Plenty stiff but not alien gear metal reinforced stiff where it's bulky and uncomfortable. almost went recycled firefighter but it was only single layer where id need the extra support for appendix which is my carry style 100% of the time.

Reactions: Anb618
Yea switching buckles is a breeze. I’m still using mine every day, 4 different holsters/weapons, and have zero complaints.

Switching is easy, but i would have gotten an extra buckle too.

@308pirate and those using the ares aegis or other infinitely adjustable style belt buckles... how well does the buckle system work as far as staying tight? I have an infinitely adjustable belt buckle with a leather belt from crossbreed and it works for shit. If you bend or move around it loosens up real easy. The belt itself is nice and stiff, but the buckle sucks and wont stay tight if you do anything other than walk.

@308pirate and those using the ares aegis or other infinitely adjustable style belt buckles... how well does the buckle system work as far as staying tight? I have an infinitely adjustable belt buckle with a leather belt from crossbreed and it works for shit. If you bend or move around it loosens up real easy. The belt itself is nice and stiff, but the buckle sucks and wont stay tight if you do anything other than walk.

My ares doesn't loosen on its own at all if there's a gun hanging on it. It wants to draw the pin tighter against the buckle. It's how that design works.

If I'm not carrying a gun and I don't pull tight on the free end to really lock the pin into the buckle it does sometimes loosen a bit after moving around. If I'm not carrying and I give the free end a good pull against the pin it will stay tight.

It works just like a military dress web belt.

Reactions: j-moose32
Blue Alpha Gear and Crossbreed. Have several Crossbreeds and mostly happy. The first was thick. The second wasn't nearly as thick but I changed it to the inner velcro added. The third was best. Thick and stiff (that's what she said) and has the new infinity adjust buckle. Always perfect. I've been mostly weren't the Blue Alpha Gear since switching my EDC gun and position to appendix. Leather for dress and nylon for everything else.

Surprised not to see more Crossbreed recommendations.

Blue Alpha Gear and Crossbreed. Have several Crossbreeds and mostly happy. The first was thick. The second wasn't nearly as thick but I changed it to the inner velcro added. The third was best. Thick and stiff (that's what she said) and has the new infinity adjust buckle. Always perfect. I've been mostly weren't the Blue Alpha Gear since switching my EDC gun and position to appendix. Leather for dress and nylon for everything else.

Surprised not to see more Crossbreed recommendations.

I have the crossbreed and the leather / belt is nice but the buckle has SUCKED for me. Won’t stay tight. If you take it and pull it in your hand it’ll go about 3-5 inches before cinching down and stopping. If I do anything other than walk it loosens up on its own. I’m not talking anything crazy either. Bending over to pick something up etc

Leather is a poor material alone due to its properties.

I have a Beltman horsehide, 5.11 and a bunch of Heavy leather belts I made from the finest W&C harness grade A you can buy.

I really like the Magpul Tejas. leather outside bu hard plastic inside as a lamminate helps keep shape and rigidity. Can be had for less than $50 with mil discount as well.

I really like the Magpul Tejas. leather outside bu hard plastic inside as a lamminate helps keep shape and rigidity. Can be had for less than $50 with mil discount as well.
That could be a good compromise for heavy use leather.

Comp-Tac also makes a kydex reinforced leather gunbelt.

That could be a good compromise for heavy use leather.

Comp-Tac also makes a kydex reinforced leather gunbelt.
There is a big difference bewteen the inserts and the Magpul belt.

Even my beltman has a kydex insert. A GOOD leather belt will be made from two piece of high grade veg tanned leather or horsehide (mostly chrome tanned). They are sewed together to provide rigidity as leather only gets so thick and its only on certain parts of the hide so getting a 40-55" strait length is hard without getting into the belly. They will then take a rigid material and sandwich between the leather to increase rigidity. The Back or Bend is where you want the leather from, and why a good belt is $100+, and a really good belt is $200+. The best leather is expensive in material alone.

Now the magpul instead of 2 pieces of leather is a piece of leather for the outside and a hard plastic on the inside. It creates a laminate where you keep the rigidity while you get the look and feel of leather on the outside. Really cool design.

\
1611957684336.png

With everything that’s going on these days, this is my favorite edc belt.

A0D5D4AA-0BFA-4B64-B787-312C13510015.jpeg

However,I hold my pants up with a Wilderness belt that I bought before the click belts were a thing.

Reactions: MJF and darkfader
I bought a couple from Ernie Hill. He was my first sponsor a million years ago. Makes really nice leather stuff. Had them made without the steel liner and they are plenty stiff and look good!

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
I’ll throw Tucker Gun Leather on here since it’s not been said. Zero issues with daily wear after three years.

I ended up ordering a blue alpha belt, gonna give it a go after seeing all the recommendations here

I had a click type fail on me (mission belt) just playing golf.

I liked the ares aegis but have Same style buckle now with my leather cross breed.. and the buckle sucks, for me at least.

Hopefully the blue alpha hybrid is a game changer for me

Any suggestions on a good edc belt? I have a alien gear with the steel inner and find it too thick and stiff. I want stiff but not to that level.

Been thinking of Kore Essentials X4 or their buffalo leather one.

Any experience or other suggestions? Carry a p938 and p07 appendix if that helps suggestions.
I’ve used 5.11 belts for about 10 years. I have two. One for owb and one for iwb. Both have held up well and I have had no issues. Both still look great and I’m a bigger guy that is usually hard on belts.

I’ve used 5.11 belts for about 10 years. I have two. One for owb and one for iwb. Both have held up well and I have had no issues. Both still look great and I’m a bigger guy that is usually hard on belts.

Same, but I ordered some Beltman belts to try because of this thread and feedback from a couple friends and you won’t catch me putting a 5.11 belt back on. I got them in the middle of December and started wearing the brown horse hide one and have worn it every day since. The difference in comfort and support of the gun is night and day. I would definitely try one out.

I have a wilderness 5 stitch thats 10 years old. I wear it every day. I am a diesel mechanic, it’s held up well, still stiff. The Velcro secure tab tore off 2 years ago.

The belt is a little thick to pass through some holsters, but I have found it easier since the Velcro tab is gone. The buckle is heavy, and will crack tile floors if dropped. 😬

I ended up ordering a blue alpha belt, gonna give it a go after seeing all the recommendations here

I had a click type fail on me (mission belt) just playing golf.

I liked the ares aegis but have Same style buckle now with my leather cross breed.. and the buckle sucks, for me at least.

Hopefully the blue alpha hybrid is a game changer for me

Crossbreed buckle isn’t living in the same zip code as an Aegis buckle. Appears somewhat similar, but is not.

Have used 4 Wilderness belts over the years with happy results
Beltman (NC) unit is largely retired from service, needs to be replaced
Bladetech (click style Nextbelt) was acceptable
Ares Aegis is current daily driver

Debating a Mean Gene Aegis belt for leather option

it's been a minute, anybody have any updates on which edc appendix carry belt? pros cons?

I switched from using my wilderness belt that I have used for close to a decade I bet to the Kore belt. I like the Kore better for appendix carry so I can easily loosen/tighten when I sit stand for comfort. Otherwise I still love my wilderness belts and use them when I’m not appendix carrying.