• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Edge of Tomorrow

Tom is a really good actor IMO. I was unsure of this movie just because it might have been another "Oblivion" all over again. Which while Oblivion was stunning to look at and i mean stunning props the VFX artist/designers, best looking movie since Tron: Legacy IMO. The story felt like a "been there done that" mainly because it reminded me so much of the indy film "Moon" with Sam Rockwell. I'm happy to see Edge of Tomorrow is a breath of fresh air, summer movies for the most part up until this year have really been a bust IMO. There have been some good ones already. X Men Days of Future Past, Godzilla (for what it was), and now this.

I'm going to sneak out tonight and see this. I really like Cruise movies for whatever reason and this one has an Oblivion feel to it from what I've seen so I'm hoping it's just as good.

Worth a watch. A little slow getting started but the story and action kept up a good pace later on. Emily Blunt is a very good looking gal but in this movie she looks pissed at the world -still good eye candy.

This movie probably cost the studio a lot less $$ to make as it "started over" numerous times.

Liked it as well, damn Emily Blunt is so fine....had some awesome action scenes, overall a good movie.

The book was great, the movie doesn't track it well. Groundhog day, isn't too far off. I was thinking more along the lines of the digital lives in on-line games. You repeat and you get better.

Reminded me a lot of source code. Admittedly I probably liked source code more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent movie, well worth watching/escaping for a few hours. Characters were developed enough/just right. I just wished it had ended when Tom arrived in the helo at the end.

Not worth the extra for 3D IMO, well worth watching on the big screen.

Yes! Saw this last night as well. Not a huge Tom Cruise fan nor much of an Emily blunt fan either.

However...

Both of them did this up right! The "I am a coward and not ashamed to admit it" character of Major Cage thrust into the thick of it and forced to adapt was spot on. You know he is going to rise to the occasion but the watching him do it was entertaining. The character of Rita Vrataski being the hard core solider who had experienced something so mind bending (literally repeating a day over and over) and then not having anyone believe her was again spot on. The Master Sergeant Farell character was a nice homage to a 50s era career solder trying to get it done! J Squad was also an interesting mix of a near future integrated military unit. The more things change the more they stay the same.

My one bitch about the film was the drop ships. Not the concept of them or how they looked but how they were using them. With a capability of over the horizon strike WHY weren't the drop ships dropping the troops further inland? Who wastes that level of men and machine on a beach assault when ya don't have to? I know its a movie and most people would identify with the Slaughter house looking combat ALA Saving private Ryan rather than a Drop ship super fast ropping a platoon to a safe landing and then them getting into trouble later would have way more impact but come on?!?!?!?! ANYWAY I like that the Exo Suits weren't full body armor space suits but more along the lines of what we are currently actually working on. The arm mounted SCAR derivative was cool to.

The repeat and learn aspect to the movie I liked. The Emily Blunt killing Tom Cruise every time he got injured was pretty funny. Especially the part when Cruise's character is trying to get laid and she whacks him with the training device. It left you to wonder how momentous it would be to repeat the first half of the day everyday, the "hey your not going to believe this but..."

The end was headed toward silliness but they went to credits JUST right if ya ask me.

All in all worth the price of admission, I may revise my opinion of Emily Blunt after this but Cruise is still Cruise.

Last edited:
Real enjoyable flick. Great, self mocking character arc for Cruise. Emily Blunt is very easy on the eyes. I wished she'd had a little more sardonic humor rather than just hard-ass and pissed off. Bill Paxton chews up the scenery (favorite quote: Cruise-"You're and American, right?" Sgt.-"Hell no, I'm from Kentucky."). Grounhog Day meets Starship Troopers, best alien bad guys EVER! Kind of like a Tasmanian Devil/Ground Bloom Flower only about 10' in diameter...and they shoot incendiary projectiles at you. Wicked. Definitely going to see it again.

Last edited:
Blunt is a good actress, maybe not Eva Green good but she is good. She's also gorgeous. Cruise is a great actor IMHO he just hasn't been given the work he used to get. Well basically i'm singling out The Last Samurai which is one of the best movies of all time IMHO, he deserved an Oscar nod for that movie. He's awesome in Collateral as well.

Saw it in 3D opening weekend. Really enjoyed it, thought it had well placed humor amongst the deadly reality of his characters daily life. I liked how his character was actually a coward & not the typical Cruise "bad ass" guy. Loved Paxton in his role. All in all a very good & entertaining movie.....although it kills me on how often characters in military roles continue to have too much hair.....

I thought it was good but can see how people would ding it for being 'Groundhog Day'. Action scenes were great, story so-so. I'd give it an 8/10.

One odd thing...a bunch of people have told me that they won't go see it because it is about scientology...no fucking clue if that is true or not as I know nothing about scientology.

It was actually a pretty damn good movie overall. Although I think they stole/borrowed some ideas from a variety of other movies/books such as the Matrix(the way the Aliens moved and looked), Avatar(exo skeleton), Starship troopers( the uniforms and UDF concept), Aliens( MSG farrel(put her in charge man) and the whole pseudo "military" dynamic) , Armor-the book( doing drops from carriers and short life expectancy) to name a few but overall it was worth admission. I'll pick it up on DVD when it comes out.

It was actually a pretty damn good movie overall. Although I think they stole/borrowed some ideas from a variety of other movies/books such as the Matrix(the way the Aliens moved and looked), Avatar(exo skeleton), Starship troopers( the uniforms and UDF concept), Aliens( MSG farrel(put her in charge man) and the whole pseudo "military" dynamic) , Armor-the book( doing drops from carriers and short life expectancy) to name a few but overall it was worth admission. I'll pick it up on DVD when it comes out.

It was from a Japanese comic book called "All you need is Kill". While most of this stuff has been done many times before (all the way back to the 50s) the Aliens being able to control time was an interesting concept.

The GF and I saw it yesterday and were highly entertained. I'm not a Cruise fan but he was very good, and watching him get offed over and over was fairly gratifying. Blunt was great and reminded me of Linda Hamilton's character from T2. I had read the book and thought the adaptation was fine, necessary for American audiences. The only complaint is sometimes the action was so fast, frenetic, it was almost too much to take in at once. I guess I'd have liked it better if they had ended about 3 minutes early as well. All in all though, good flick.