• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EDM XM408, does the serial #, show its age? And...

Extreme454

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
Nor-Cal
www.extrememotorsports.biz
I finally found a 408. Bill Richie told me if I got him the serial number he could tell me the age of the rifle. I can't get ahold of him until Monday, and I don't want to loose this deal.

Do any of you have an idea of how the numerical digits come in to play with what year it was made?

Also, the scope rail is anodized a dark reddish maroon, is that normal?

Kilmore?

Re: EDM XM408, does the serial #, show its age? And...

Not sure how this matters? Why do you need to know the date of manufacture? His rifles have always been well made. If they wear out (wouldn't happen) than you only need to change the barrel and bolt. SUPER SIMPLE. That is the nice thing about the design.

Funny thing is, it doesn't bother me at all how old it is. Bill told me to get the serial number, to see how old it was. I wasn't sure if it was to see the age to verify if the seller was being honest, or if there have been certain updates over the years? I was just following what the man told me to do. I'm pretty much gonna buy it any ways.

The first 40 or so were made for cheytac I believe. But it would say Cheytac on it as well as EDM

You couldn't kill the EDM rifle in 50 years. If the barrel is shot out, order one up and you will have a new gun.

Back to your original question, If you contact Bill Richie@ EDM, he can tell you exactly when the rifle/receiver was manufactured (as long as it is one of his, naturally.)
He has helped me immensely solving issues with my XM. He is a gentleman, and wants every owner to be happy to own one of his rifles. I cannot elaborate here specifically what has transpired in my case, but I have no ill words against him or his company.